PDA

View Full Version : Sad but true... This game means the world to the Jets

HendersonD06
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't really know about the Bills, for the simple fact I dont know how this team reacts in tough times... But all I know is, if the Jets fall to 2-4, and 1-1 in the AFC East and at the bottom of the divison... I dont think we will have enough in the tank to make a run at the playoffs...

But if we win and get back to 3-3, .500, and 2-0 in the AFC East, I think we have a great chance of beating the Falcons to get to 4-3 going into a much needed bye week.

My question is... Just say the Jets beat the Bills this week, and the Bills fall to 2-4, 1-1 in the AFC East, and in last place... Do you all think the Bills have a shot this season?

All I know is this, Yea I will talk shiit for my J-E-T-S-Jets, Jets, Jets... But I really think the season for booth teams will ride on how we play on Sunday. This should be close... 2 QB's who really have not done anything for the teams they are on now other than last week, 2 O-Lines that have struggled, and booth teams have a solid WR's... Just no team has broke out of this O slump.

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
this is super important to us too

HendersonD06
10-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Damn FootballDude... From the looks of your pic you have... You wanna come play OLB for the Jets? Fucck Victor Hobson... He can lay some hits, but damn you look like you can crush a RB in half, do the math, and he's done, lol.

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 11:45 AM
nahh thats not me....click my home page..im just a tall blonde...

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
but that is josh stamer...he plays on ST

OpIv37
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
The guy in her pic is Josh "Lurch" Stamer- he's a backup LB/Special Teams standout for the Bills. The other guy is OJ Simpson- he used to slash through defenses like they're his ex-wife's throat.

Anyway, to answer your question, if we lose we're 2-4, 1-1 in the division, basically meaning we'd have to finish 10-2 or better with at most 1 division loss to have a shot at the playoffs. So this game is a must-win for Buffalo as much or more than it is for the Jets. Both teams had the boost of a new QB last week and neither can expect the same results this week. Both teams have above-average defenses with suspect run D. I'd say the Bills have a slight advantage if only because of home field, but I do not expect an easy victory by any means.

For the Bills, the key is turnovers and exploiting the run. If we can be +2 on turnovers and score 1 second-half TD, we will win.

HendersonD06
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Damn hun, you are a hottie, verry nice looking at that... I'm only 20, Mos def aint looking for a wife now... But when I do find one... Hope she is a football fan!

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
lol and I'm not looking for a husband...

Op- that wasn't very nice, and you wonder why i don't like you sometimes.

broadway chad
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
this is going to be a tuff game i dont see ither team scoreing a lot of points with 2 solid defences.The bills will have to force turn overs to win the game.I dont see it happening i see ty law with a few int this game.How is buffalo's offensive line ? i see the jets geting to the qb a few times ratel his cage a bit.

OpIv37
10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
lol and I'm not looking for a husband...

Op- that wasn't very nice, and you wonder why i don't like you sometimes.

you're right- I shouldn't have said that line about the Bills having a suspect run D.

HendersonD06
10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I have a feeling one day, you will be my wife :king:

broadway chad
10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling one day, you will be my wife :king:

:bighug: have a feeling you will be doing a lot of internet dateing lol j/k

Devin
10-12-2005, 01:47 PM
This game is HUGE for both teams. Every game is big from us here on out given our start.

Meathead
10-12-2005, 02:35 PM
um aren't the bills and jets in the virtually identical situation? its actually bigger for the bills cuz they're at home, lose this and they must later go to ny and win just to be even.

footballhottie
10-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I have a feeling one day, you will be my wife :king: awwwwww....:cloud9:

DynaPaul
10-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, we definitely gotta win this one at home. I have a feeling that we'll split with the Jets. If we don't take this one then we'll beat them at home. It sure would be nice to get back to .500 and then re-evaluate the team at that point.

HendersonD06
10-15-2009, 12:47 PM
wow, I made that post back in 2005...It's now 2009 and you know what, as far as the Jets go...Nothing has changed. A W this Sunday and we would then improve to 4-2, 3-1 in the AFC, 2-1 in the AFC East...But a loss? Damn, I cant even think about a Loss right now because, I already know it would make me along with every other Jet fan sick like no tomorrow.

A loss this week against the Bills and...We would fall to 3-3 on the year, 2-2 in the AFC, 1-2 in the AFC East...Damn, just like 2005, a loss against the Bills this Sunday and guess what? Our playoff chances could be over.

For the Jets...This game is huge.

Patti120
10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I expect the Jets D to further demoralize the Bills O this week. Your offense will probably demoralize our injury plagued D as well, resulting in further demoralization to what is already a demoralizing season.

HendersonD06
10-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Damn, I really do feel bad for Buffalo fans as of right now, but who am I to feel bad for you all? I'm a freaking Jets fan... When was the last time the Jets won the S.B? 1969, the S.B wasn't even called the "Super Bowl" Back then. I'm 24 years of age, born in 1985...The only two magical seasons that I can remember were in 1998 (Lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game after blowing a 10 point lead) and 2004 (That was the year that our freaking kicker missed two chip shot FG's against the Steelers, that game would have sent us to the AFC Championship game, but our freaking kicker blew it)

And you know what? Those two seasons ended up being horrid when it was all said and done.

All I know is this... I have never and will never post on another teams message board... Miami fans? They cant even talk sports. NE fans? All they talk about are their "SB Rings" but they forget one thing...They forget where they came from, as a fan base...I can never respect that. They forgot that the Patriots were the laughing stock of football for many of years and once Brady is done...BB retires, they will become the laughing stock of football once again. NE? Where is that? Is that even a state? No. It's somewhere in the North East where bandwagon fans such as fans from NH, Vermont, RI, Deleware and other NE States follow when teams are doing good. Those same "Fans" will be rooting for the Eagles, Giants or Steelers once the Pats are done (In less than 3 years).

But still...I enjoy Buffalo fans, you all know Football, you all love the Bills...Not many fans like NY fans.

Trust me Buffalo...I've been there before, I could end up being there again at some point in 2009...All I know is this, when my team is down and out...I just enjoy my Sundays, enjoy the food on the BBQ, get down on some beers with my older bro and uncle...Watch the Jets games, root for the Jets to win...NO MATTER what and hey, if the Jets lose, I always focus on the great college players thats about to enter the NFL