• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Holmes Named Top NFL Offensive Player

Priest Holmes accomplished in 14 games what many players can't in two full seasons. His reward: The Associated Press NFL Offensive Player of the Year award.

The dynamic running back for the Kansas City Chiefs was on pace to shatter several NFL records before a deep hip bruise sidelined him for the final two games of 2002. Still, Holmes set 10 team records, including 1,615 yards rushing and 21 TDs. He also had three scores as a receiver, and the 24 TDs were two short of Marshall Faulk's league mark.

Holmes' 2,287 yards from scrimmage fell 142 short of Faulk's NFL record. And in 383 touches, Holmes had only one fumble.

Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil researched Holmes' total yards from scrimmage and found it was the most ever in a 14-game span.

more...
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

was there any doubt?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

No!

Also, note how Holmes' records have to do w/ TDs both rushing and receiving and not simply # of carries and yards rushed for.

If he had had only a dozen TDs on that many yards, then he would in no way have won that award.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
      X