OK, let's compare...for those afflicted with ADD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: OK, let's compare...for those afflicted with ADD...

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
    Anyone comparing JP to Eli, Peyton, Palmer, is clearly speaking out of their rear end. Try Ryan Leaf.

Obviously your another P.O.S Bills fan pretender.

Obviously anyone can be compared to anyone, and JP has already proven beyond any doubt that he is no Ryan Leaf. Ryan leaf was a loud mouth classless chump. Jp has been anything but

TacklingDummy = Ryan Leaf

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

Obviously anyone can be compared to anyone, and JP has already proven beyond any doubt that he is no Ryan Leaf. Ryan leaf was a loud mouth classless chump. Jp has been anything but
      He has? Only thing he's been good at so far is running his mouth.

Your right, Ryan Leaf throw for 300 more yards then JP did in his 1st 4 career starts. SO far JP has been worse then Leaf.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=Darth Takeothe season.

This team barely squeaked out a win versus a Miami team who turned the ball over FIVE times and committed almost TWENTY penalties. Anyone who thinks we got a chance at the playoffs is kidding themselves. Even if we did squeak in somehow, we'd most likely be one-and-done.

[/QUOTE]the patriots should've quit the season they won their first sb after starting 0-4 then. That logic is worse than Wade saying we're out of the playoffs even though we're mathematically in contention. We blasted Wade for giving up on the team so early.

Whether we make it or not remains to be seen but I'm hte type of person who will go down fighting.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          the patriots should've quit the season they won their first sb after starting 0-4 then. That logic is worse than Wade saying we're out of the playoffs even though we're mathematically in contention. We blasted Wade for giving up on the team so early.
          Whether we make it or not remains to be seen but I'm hte type of person who will go down fighting.
          That year the Patriots dumped one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the National Football League and discovered one of the best QBs ever to play the game of football.

Benching Losman for Holcomb does not compare to that situation...

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
            • Dec 2004

Seriously, this thread makes a great point. All of these determinations are a little premature...JP has 4 games under his belt. Everybody think back and remember how great you were you first month of the job...I bet you were good enough to be CEO right?

However, I think Holcomb is the right move right now...see how that goes, make a season of it if you can...there are too many other pieces in place to waste them away. As soon as the Bills lose 7 games (which they won't...fingers crossed), go back to JP. If the Bills get blown out or blow teams out, go back to JP...let him learn in garbage time, low pressure situations. The beginning of this season he was a 24-25 year old kid with an entire region's hopes on his shoulders...it's tough to focus on anything then.

Everybody just chill out...
            You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
              Eli Manning 2004: 95-197 48.2% 1043 5.3ypt 6TD 9INT 55.4 Rating
              JP Losman 2005: 45-94 47.9% 433 4.6ypt 1TD 2INT 55.8 Rating

So anyone that says JP is gonna suck is clearly speaking out of their rear end. Eli looked just as bad last year. The only thing that gives Eli the edge is that he had a coach who stuck with him. Unfortunately for JP, he has a bunch of selfish jerks as teammates and a clueless coach.

Yes, it was a short term win to play Holcomb, but in the long term, it could prove to be VERY BAD.

Let's say Holcomb plays just well enough to keep the job all year. Then what? We're still in the same place with JP and a career backup is still our best QB because JP has no time to develop.

Please, for the love of God, put JP back in there. Sure, it's painful to watch now, but this is no Super Bowl team and that should be the only goal of every team...to win the big one. By playing Holcomb now, we could be setting ourselves back for next year too.

Best-case scenario is that we win this week despite Holcomb's terrible play, and they'lll come to their senses and put JP back in there.
              Could you repeat that again please....I was slighty distracted.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Obviously there are a lot of players on the Bills that don't agree with those of you who don't believe this team still has a shot at the play-offs. They want to win, and they want to win now.

What will the team look like next year? TKO won't be 100%, Fletcher and Adams might be gone, Clements will sign elsewhere, and Posey can be replaced. What about our aging safeties, Milloy and Vincent? And Moulds? He's already slowing down, and isn't going to get any faster.

As young guys step into the starting roles vacated by the older generation, some are going to forego their special teams duties to concentrate on offense full time. Now you've wasted a year and taken a hit to two top squads all for the sake of developing a young QB.

What about Evans? The guy has the skills to be a superstar, but can't show it because JP won't or can't throw him the ball?

It's already been proven by the one and three start that this team isn't play-off bound with Losman at the helm...we have yet to see the same from Holcomb.

Go with Kelly until the play-offs are out of the question, then stick 'the future' back in to 'develop'.

BTW...if you're going to neg me, at least have the balls to sign it. I don't bite back...too hard, anyway
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

I'm tired of losing. Plain and Simple. I'm tired of being fed the same BS story that the Bills are "rebuilding". They've been rebuilding every year for the past 10, at least. I'm sick of it. I want to see them make the playoffs NOW. I don't give a rats ass about next year, or 5 years down the road. Anything can happen in an off-season. I expect the team to put the team with the best chance of winning on the field.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Eli Manning 2004: 95-197 48.2% 1043 5.3ypt 6TD 9INT 55.4 Rating
                    JP Losman 2005: 45-94 47.9% 433 4.6ypt 1TD 2INT 55.8 Rating

So anyone that says JP is gonna suck is clearly speaking out of their rear end. Eli looked just as bad last year. The only thing that gives Eli the edge is that he had a coach who stuck with him. Unfortunately for JP, he has a bunch of selfish jerks as teammates and a clueless coach.

Yes, it was a short term win to play Holcomb, but in the long term, it could prove to be VERY BAD.

Let's say Holcomb plays just well enough to keep the job all year. Then what? We're still in the same place with JP and a career backup is still our best QB because JP has no time to develop.

Please, for the love of God, put JP back in there. Sure, it's painful to watch now, but this is no Super Bowl team and that should be the only goal of every team...to win the big one. By playing Holcomb now, we could be setting ourselves back for next year too.

Best-case scenario is that we win this week despite Holcomb's terrible play, and they'lll come to their senses and put JP back in there.

If our Defense was playing the way it was last year and takeo wasnt gone, sure keep Holcomb in because I think wed be a playoff team then.

As of now id love to see the growing pains over and get JP in there.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                      That year the Patriots dumped one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the National Football League and discovered one of the best QBs ever to play the game of football.

Benching Losman for Holcomb does not compare to that situation...
                      you guys are pinning your hopes on JP being the next coming of JIm Kelly. What if he does end up being Leaf. Sure we won't know unless we play him but wouldn't that apply to Holcomb as well.

I just cannot give up on the season especially when we have a shot. We know that our season is over if we play JP. Do we know for sure if our season is over if we let Holcomb play? As soon as we know for sure our season id done, I'm all for starting JP right away. It amazes me how some of you are willing to just give up on the rest of our players.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

No Super Bowl victory = a bad season

We have no shot at a super bowl this year, so let's develop our franchise QB.

The same people who are already saying JP sucks are probably the same people who get trashed on a Sunday Night and wonder why they get fired on monday.

They're the same people who cheat on their wife for the momentary pleasure and then lose their family.

They're the same people who eat McDonalds every day because it tastes good, only to have a heart attack when they turn 40.

They're the same people who play video games all day and then complain they don't have a job, a life, or a future.

They're the same people who sleep with prostitutes and wonder why their parts itch a week later.

Momentary pleasure < Long-term pleasure

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin

If our Defense was playing the way it was last year and takeo wasnt gone, sure keep Holcomb in because I think wed be a playoff team then.
                          As of now id love to see the growing pains over and get JP in there.
                          try telling that to our vets who are still playing their hearts to make something out of the season. Unless someone can guarantee that JP is the next Jim Kelly , let's start him. Can you? We were 0-4 last year and we never gave up. We are in the standings compared to where we were last year, now you want to give up?
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

you guys are pinning your hopes on JP being the next coming of JIm Kelly. What if he does end up being Leaf. Sure we won't know unless we play him but wouldn't that apply to Holcomb as well.
                            I just cannot give up on the season especially when we have a shot. We know that our season is over if we play JP. Do we know for sure if our season is over if we let Holcomb play? As soon as we know for sure our season id done, I'm all for starting JP right away. It amazes me how some of you are willing to just give up on the rest of our players.
                            Do we know for sure the season is over if JP starts? Is JP personally responsible for our 3 losses?

I don't hope Losman becomes Jim Kelly. I hope Losman can become the next Losman, and that he'll put his abilities out there and leads the team. Losman is 24. Holcomb is 32. Sure Holcomb could be like Rich Ganon and get good late in his career but hasn't happened yet.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

try telling that to our vets who are still playing their hearts to make something out of the season. Unless someone can guarantee that JP is the next Jim Kelly , let's start him. Can you? We were 0-4 last year and we never gave up. We are in the standings compared to where we were last year, now you want to give up?
                              I actually haven't seen many vets who have played their hearts out this year. They've all been subpar with the exception of a couple, IMO.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

No Super Bowl victory = a bad season

We have no shot at a super bowl this year, so let's develop our franchise QB.
                                Will you guarantee us a sb w/ JP at qb when he develops. You can't even guarantee us that he won't be the next Rob Johnson. I like JP and I think he'll be a great qb but I'm not giving up on the rest of the team.
                                sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                                X