OK, let's compare...for those afflicted with ADD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

OK, let's compare...for those afflicted with ADD...

Eli Manning 2004: 95-197 48.2% 1043 5.3ypt 6TD 9INT 55.4 Rating
    JP Losman 2005: 45-94 47.9% 433 4.6ypt 1TD 2INT 55.8 Rating

So anyone that says JP is gonna suck is clearly speaking out of their rear end. Eli looked just as bad last year. The only thing that gives Eli the edge is that he had a coach who stuck with him. Unfortunately for JP, he has a bunch of selfish jerks as teammates and a clueless coach.

Yes, it was a short term win to play Holcomb, but in the long term, it could prove to be VERY BAD.

Let's say Holcomb plays just well enough to keep the job all year. Then what? We're still in the same place with JP and a career backup is still our best QB because JP has no time to develop.

Please, for the love of God, put JP back in there. Sure, it's painful to watch now, but this is no Super Bowl team and that should be the only goal of every team...to win the big one. By playing Holcomb now, we could be setting ourselves back for next year too.

Best-case scenario is that we win this week despite Holcomb's terrible play, and they'lll come to their senses and put JP back in there.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: OK, let's compare...for those afflicted with ADD...

Originally posted by lordofgun
    Eli Manning 2004: 95-197 48.2% 1043 5.3ypt 6TD 9INT 55.4 Rating
    JP Losman 2005: 45-94 47.9% 433 4.6ypt 1TD 2INT 55.8 Rating

So anyone that says JP is gonna suck is clearly speaking out of their rear end. Eli looked just as bad last year. The only thing that gives Eli the edge is that he had a coach who stuck with him. Unfortunately for JP, he has a bunch of selfish jerks as teammates and a clueless coach.

Yes, it was a short term win to play Holcomb, but in the long term, it could prove to be VERY BAD.

Let's say Holcomb plays just well enough to keep the job all year. Then what? We're still in the same place with JP and a career backup is still our best QB because JP has no time to develop.

Please, for the love of God, put JP back in there. Sure, it's painful to watch now, but this is no Super Bowl team and that should be the only goal of every team...to win the big one. By playing Holcomb now, we could be setting ourselves back for next year too.

Best-case scenario is that we win this week despite Holcomb's terrible play, and they'lll come to their senses and put JP back in there.
    The giants were in a rebuilding mode w/ one of the youngest line up in the league. They could grow together as a team. We could've done that with JP since he has Evans and Willis. Try telling that to Moulds, Fletcher, Spikes, Adams, Milloy, Vincent , though. etc.

We had a D , ST and running game that is playoff calibre. By the time JP gets ready that ST and D will probably be disbanded by then. Clements could pull a Winfield and say "I want to play for a contender"
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

If JP wants the job back he can get his head out of his ass and earn it...something he never did to begin with.

I'm sure there are plenty of stats out there for QB's that bombed out of the league that compare favorably to Manning's and Losman's.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        The giants were in a rebuilding mode w/ one of the youngest line up in the league. They could grow together as a team. We could've done that with JP since he has Evans and Willis. Try telling that to Moulds, Fletcher, Spikes, Adams, Milloy, Vincent , though. etc.

We had a D , ST and running game that is playoff calibre. By the time JP gets ready that ST and D will probably be disbanded by then. Clements could pull a Winfield and say "I want to play for a contender"
        And you honestly think putting Holcomb in there with his whopping 8 yards per completion and 3 fumbles makes us a contender?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
          If JP wants the job back he can get his head out of his ass and earn it...something he never did to begin with.

I'm sure there are plenty of stats out there for QB's that bombed out of the league that compare favorably to Manning's and Losman's.
          Right...the point is that we don't know and we won't know until we show some patience with Losman.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

its not going to happen this year because the Bills are going to have to reload some next season.

If the Bills lose 3 out of the next 4 which I believe is very possible then I would stick JP back in and let him finish the season. but as long as we have a shot at the psot season KH is going to get the call.

I have to agree with the decision. As much as I would rather have JP in and playing better, he needs to sit and take the game in from the sidelines for a few weeks. KH is the vet with more experience and he can help our O regain its confidence in general.

I do agree that JP's development will take a hit, but can we really jhust sacrafice the entire season in hopes that JP gets it sooner rather then later.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Drew Brees was terrible for a few years...

The point is that nearly EVERY rookie or second-year QB struggles...especially if their second year is their first year playing.

Look at Carson Palmer last year...he sucked in the beginning, but finished the year strong...and now look at him. He also had a coach who was strongly behind him.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                its not going to happen this year because the Bills are going to have to reload some next season.

If the Bills lose 3 out of the next 4 which I believe is very possible then I would stick JP back in and let him finish the season. but as long as we have a shot at the psot season KH is going to get the call.

I have to agree with the decision. As much as I would rather have JP in and playing better, he needs to sit take the game in form the sidelines for a few weeks. KH is the vet with more experience and he can help our O regain its confidence in general.

I do agree that JP's development will take a hit, but can we really jhust sacrafice the entire season in hopes that JP gets it sooner rather then later.
                What exactly are we sacrificing? A few more wins? Who cares? It's all about the Super Bowl and we are no Super Bowl team.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Sorry--I'm with the vets on the team. You don't take a team on the verge of the play-offs that boasts the #1 special teams in the league and, at the time, the #2 defense in the league and put the third squad (offense) in the hands of an unproven commodity.

Even if the Bledsoe dumping was inevitable for salary cap reasons, Holcomb or someone else should have been allowed to compete for the job.

If we started out 1-3 with a veteran at the helm, then I could understand switching to JP...but not vice-versa.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I guess I just heartily disagree that we're a team on the verge of the playoffs. MAybe if we played in the NFC North...

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

What exactly are we sacrificing? A few more wins? Who cares? It's all about the Super Bowl and we are no Super Bowl team.

i completely agree, but the coach, GM, and team cannot say that, nor can they allow themselves to believe that.

they need to play for the here and now, and if we go on a winning streak against formidable opponents everyones attitude will change including yours.

KH will get another game or 3 to prove he can lead the Bills O and hopefully JP is taking some mental notes on what KH does right. If we win against the Jets and NE we are in the drivers seat. There is still hope, and that's all we have for the rest of this season.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

So anyone that says JP is gonna suck is clearly speaking out of their rear end.
                        Anyone comparing JP to Eli, Peyton, Palmer, is clearly speaking out of their rear end. Try Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                          If we started out 1-3 with a veteran at the helm, then I could understand switching to JP...but not vice-versa.
                          i completly disagree. QB controversy was avoided by not having an all out competition. Most teams place their #1 draft pick QB at the helm by year 2 or sooner. Sometimes it works, sometimes teams are just patient, and other times there is too much to sacrafice and the switch needs to be made.

BUT giving JP the starters job, letting him get as much exposure as possible durign Mini camps, training camps and pre-season was VERY VERY necessary for developing a green QB.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

And you honestly think putting Holcomb in there with his whopping 8 yards per completion and 3 fumbles makes us a contender?
                            it was his first time to start and barely one week to practice w/ the first squad. Add to the fact that he had a rookie at right guard and a Jerman American at right tackle.

He doubled JP's output in his first game. I believe we can contend.He's been able to throw for 400+ yards without the weapons he has here in Buffalo. If he averages 200+ yards per game and both the D and ST do their jobs, yes we can contend. The fins aren't as good as everyone thinks and neither are the jets. We have a legitimate shot at finishing second in the AFCE if we put our best players on the field.

I want to win now. We'll cross the bridge w/ JP when we get there. I'm just tired of TD making moves for a future that may never come.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Iehoshua
                              • Jan 2003

One of the best threads of the season.

This team barely squeaked out a win versus a Miami team who turned the ball over FIVE times and committed almost TWENTY penalties. Anyone who thinks we got a chance at the playoffs is kidding themselves. Even if we did squeak in somehow, we'd most likely be one-and-done.

Time to develop JP. Holcomb brings nothing extraordinary to the table. That's it, period.

Comment

Working...
                              X