PDA

View Full Version : Didn't we go through this once before?

slakjaw157
10-12-2005, 01:09 PM
If my memory serves me correct, wasn't Rob Johnson labeled as the future for the team and Flutie was the experienced back-up? (An injury may have played a part in this as well, I can't remember) Flutie finally got his shot and performed very well, and thus Flutiemania took off. I still have my box of Flutie Flakes to prove it.
I still say we have to leave Holcomb in as long as he is winning games, bottom line.
If he keeps it up, who knows you may be buying a box of Holcomb Holes, or Post Honey Holcomb Cereal in the near future. LOL :lol:

Kenny
10-12-2005, 02:40 PM
I think Holcomb still has a ways to go before we can compare him to Flutie.
Though Buffalo fans might be divided in their love for Flutie, -I doubt many can doubt that he's still the best QB we've had since Kelly.

Now Im not saying we start Losman (cause that would be dumbest thing to do right now), -but Holcomb really didnt do anything that Losman couldnt do after the 1st quarter was over.

Typ0
10-12-2005, 03:33 PM
the reason people were so adamant about Futile is he has some glaring weaknesses as an NFL QB and people just like to root for the underdog. Seemed to me that everyone wanted to throw the team at him because he had some success and they wanted that thrill of taking a chance on someone who really didn't have all the tools necessary for the excitement alone. Personally, I like that kind of thrill too...but I also wanted to win a SB and couldn't stand the way the whole attitude divided the fans and the team alike.

slakjaw157
10-12-2005, 04:10 PM
and couldn't stand the way the whole attitude divided the fans and the team alike.
As long as the Bills continue to win with Holcomb, I don't see any great divide by the players and fans. However, if it starts to :flush: this season, both the players and fans will get ugly, as we began to see prior to last week.
Unfortunately I do not see the Bills putting a long run together as they did last year. Holcomb will probably become very unreliable, as he has throughout his career. Thus once again leaving the Bills desparate to find a QB to lead this team.