PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Struggling to Sell Tickets

Myers57
10-12-2005, 01:57 PM
I guess even though we are off to a good start, the team hasn't been as successful as in the past when it comes to ticket sales. I blame the high prices, I just can't afford to go to a game but once a month...

http://wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=32243

pcnorth22
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
i still like the variable pricing...

#'s are barely lower than they were two years ago, and revenue has gone up because those tickets cost more...the value games will fill a lot of seats...

my only issue is that one of the first 3 games should have been a value or bronze game to get more people there to experience the game...maybe then some more would have bought tickets...

Turf
10-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Driving 160 miles round trip keeps me from going often.

Typ0
10-12-2005, 08:20 PM
people will go down there if they see the team isn't just blowing smoke by winning a few games in the beginning. You have to admit...being a sports fan in buffalo of the two major sports has been quite a disappointment the last few years. It's starting to look like anyone that wants to support the teams is throwing their money at dying ships.

fushetti
10-13-2005, 07:56 AM
When the Bills are done, the Sabres will draw more. Thats Buffalo.

JD
10-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I bought my first tix of the year.....for november 9th...against Carolina....
Section 327...Row 9...in the fan-attic.. woo!!! perfect view though i love it!

GO SABRES!!!!

Demon
10-13-2005, 03:22 PM
fanatic section is out of control.

It was designed for lower income college students who normally couldn't see the team, but people get those tickets to save money, even though they can afford it, fanatic section was a success last hockey season, but a failure now IMO. People with money go there cuz its cheap and so they can save $10..... it ruins it for the people who really need those tickets to get in.

And way too many grown men there too, and some of them look classy. Get better tix and leave the fanatic section to the diehard youth!

JD nothing against you bro, it's been on my chest all season... lol

JD
10-13-2005, 09:20 PM
well i fit into the category of college kid with little money :up:

Novacane
10-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Keep winning and the seats will start selling.