PDA

View Full Version : Is Ralph the reason why Gregg is still here?

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Bills | Williams Sticks - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:51 PT: Leo Roth reports for the Democrat and Chronicle Buffalo Bills coach Gregg Williams will return for at least one more season. GM Tom Donahoe on Tuesday said Williams will return for the final year of his three-year deal. "His status is that he’s our head coach," Donahoe said. "He has a contract and we’re going to honor the contract and we are sure he is too."

It sounds like Donahoe wouldn't mind replacing Williams. If they don't plan on keeping him then they should replace him this year. It sounds like he's keeping him here because he's under contract. Ralph didn't hesitate to fire Wade, I hope it's not a money issue.

Tom Donahoe is also the one seeking out the potential coaching replacements. How come Williams has been so silent in all of this?

I don't care if they keep Gregg or not. I just want to have the right guy in there. I don't want a lame duck coach in there next year. I'm afraid that's what it's looking like though.

Romes
01-10-2003, 02:25 AM
PA it sounds like you are making a lot of assumptions by that one quote. I don't understand how you can assume that Ralph is in charge by that one quote.

Also TD is seeking out Lebeau, for all we know GW could be seeking out the rest. I haven't heard that TD was seeking out all of them. TD is after Lebeau b/c he knows the guy.

I'm on the fence about Williams. The players played hard for him. I'd like to see some good X's and O's guys as coordinators with GW organizing and motivating the team. But if we don't make the playoffs GW is gone.