PDA

View Full Version : doomsday virus - week 6 picks

doomsdayvirus
10-12-2005, 02:41 PM
MIN @ CHI : (CHI)
chicago may be the most underrated team in the nfc. and minnesota is yet to prove they've gotten their act together.

NYG @ DAL : (NYG)
i know dallas is hot right now, but they'll burn themselves right out against a well-rested giants team that's leading the league in points per game by 4.2 over their nearest competitor (san diego)</B>.

CIN @ TEN : (CIN)
after losing to a good team. cincinnati will reassume their old routine of beating bad teams this week in tennessee.

WAS @ KC : (KC)
washington has won 3 games unconvincingly against mediocre teams. kansas city has won 2 games unconvincingly against mediocre teams and lost 2 games unconvincingly against good teams. they're coming off a bye week, and this game is in arrowhead.

ATL @ NO : (ATL)
atlanta gave the defending champs a run for their money last week, even without michael vick. new orleans was in deep water (no pun intended)</B> even before losing their 2 biggest offensive threats to injury (horn and mcallister)</B>. it's too soon for chatam to make a difference, and horn won't be 100%.

CAR @ DET : (DET)
this is a real toss-up. i know i should pick carolina, but something keeps telling me not to. maybe it's because even though they beat new england, they barely squeaked by arizona and green bay, and... AND they LOST to new orleans and miami! and everybody knows detroit was really the first team to beat tampa, regardless of what the score says.

JAX @ PIT : (PIT)
stop counting pittsburg out. just stop it. everyone wanted to pick against them last week vs. san diego like they were yesterday's news already. they're not, and they're at home in the cold, rainy northeast against a team from florida.

MIA @ TB : (TB)
cadillac or not, tampa will roll over their cross-swamp rivals who will be too preoccupied with ricky's multimillion dollar bong collection to even think about being effective anytime soon.

CLE @ BAL : (CLE)
speaking of underrated teams. dilfer's putting up some good numbers this year, and baltimore isn't putting up much of anything.

SD @ OAK : (SD)
san diego may be the best 2-3 team in the league. the 3 games they've lost have been decided by an average of 3 points (4, 3, and 2)</B>, and were all against respectable teams. and they've put up solid wins against new england and the giants. oakland has randy moss and not much else.

NE @ Den : (NE)
this week is big for new england, who have yet to win a game convincingly, one more loss and they'll be written off by the other half of sports critics who haven't dismissed them already. denver has handled several good teams the past 4 weeks and has walked away with a win each time. but they underestimated miami week 1 and look what happened. hasn't anyone learned yet? never underestimate new england.

NYJ @ Buf : (BUF)
it's hard to pick games in which the bills are playing. you can try to dismiss your bias, but it's always there. vinny has had an extra week to learn his team's offense, but so has holcomb (assuming he'll start)</B>. this game will be closer than i'd like it to be. so, all bias aside, i think the bills can pull this one off. it's the rest of the season that concerns me.

Hou @ Sea : (SEA)
carr is sacked a record 47 times. houston players fight over who gets to stay on the bench. unconfirmed reports of desertion start to trickle in...

StL @ Ind : (IND)
this party's not over yet.

Season & Weekly Record
-------------------------
WK 1......8/16 (8-8)
WK 2......6/16 (6-10)
WK 3......6/14 (6-8)
WK 4.....10/14 (10-4)
WK 5.....10/14 (10-4)
Season...40/74 (40-34)

</PRE>

DynaPaul
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey man, are you biting my *****?

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-12-2005, 11:15 PM
I hope that I remember to come back and view your picks
I like your insight
I'm not a football buff like yourself. My wife wins more than me LOL

week 1 7/16
week 2 9/16
week 3 8/14
week4 13/14
week 5 9/14

46/74
This week is tough I picked and from remembering yours I think we were exact

atl- NO is screwed
det- lots of people are picking carolina, but I was impressed with what I hope wasn't a fluke with Jones last week
cincy
balt-this is the tough one I think I picked it because of DEFENSE
pitts
tb- like you said with or without the caddy
chic I think that Benson Rookie might proove something or else it Adrian Peterson
nyg- Manning "It's in the Genes"
kc- I think this will be tight
ne- I was thinking the mile high air will affect them, but I don't know The pats keep making believers I HATE THE PATS SO BAD I live in the God forsaken land of New England stinking losers have five states they can call home
buff what is it? I hate going with my heart, but they just got to win
sd- another possible tight one and definete AIR SHOW. Hopefully the week off doesn't hurt the men in black
indy it use to be the offense , but damn no the defense to Glad I have them for fantasy

final Indy Score 42-21
So If we did pick the same were WINNERS:king:
Good Luck
Maybe someday I'll win something I enter all those silly internet games and contests, but can't come close
How about you ever win something big that didn't involve you yourself betting the money with football?

JD
10-13-2005, 12:07 AM
MIN @ CHI : (CHI)
chicago may be the most underrated team in the nfc. and minnesota is yet to prove they've gotten their act together.

So true, they even have sex in public still. Come on guys, a little maturity please?

doomsdayvirus
10-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey man, are you biting my *****?

don't be jealous of my crystal balls.

doomsdayvirus
10-13-2005, 08:42 AM
So If we did pick the same were WINNERS:king:
Good Luck
Maybe someday I'll win something I enter all those silly internet games and contests, but can't come close
How about you ever win something big that didn't involve you yourself betting the money with football?

i actually picked CLEVELAND over BALTIMORE. but it was a tough pick. a lot of them were. there have been an extraordinary number of close games and upsets this season. i was way off on my picks the first couple weeks.

and no, i never win anything. nothing big anyway. i have very little luck with gambling and don't really like blowing my money like that.

:afro:

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-13-2005, 12:25 PM
i actually picked CLEVELAND over BALTIMORE. but it was a tough pick. a lot of them were. there have been an extraordinary number of close games and upsets this season. i was way off on my picks the first couple weeks.

and no, i never win anything. nothing big anyway. i have very little luck with gambling and don't really like blowing my money like that.

:afro:

yeah I'm so poor I can't even pay attention
I save money and am very cheap
It will all pay off in about three years

Yeah I was checking out that CHI/MIN game
man I actually had NFL>COM fantasy page tell me to deactivate Benson and put in Martin. Thats who I flipped flopped for this week

Martin is hurting although a Warrior his average is slipping
besides Minn is the worst team against the run
We thought Buffalo was bad
They average 178 then The bills are at 160

I know stats mean crap. but sometimes even the gurus have no clue
If I was to listen what majority says My life would be shambles
instead you got to take them chances you know

I grew up in Buffalo for 31 yrs from the first ward all the way to West Seneca
I married my longtime girlfriend from Lancaster

We flew the nest a week after our marriage in 01
Moved to Connecticut
Hated it
To wild for this older guy

I never had color problems but man it was crazy
lived in New Britain and when I walked into stores people stopped and looked at me

A pretty violent area

Then 9-11 happened and we said screw this
Now get this I live as far north and east you can go in Vermont
HOLY %^%%^ dude it's like the 80's up here
everyone loves OZZY and heavy metal
I said wow If during my party days I lived here I definetly would have been in jail instead of close to jail

It is unbelievable

anyway
I know you didn't ask, but I did find the time to check out your site

Good Luck in the music industry and football picks even if it's not for money

PEACE

DynaPaul
10-13-2005, 06:41 PM
anyway
I know you didn't ask, but I did find the time to check out your site
Good Luck in the music industry and football picks even if it's not for money
PEACE

I heard they got an awesome keyboard player.