PDA

View Full Version : Best QBs in the NFL

Sportsuser101
10-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm going to do a ranking of the top 10 at each position. I haven't been busy at all at work so this is my way of killing time. Put your own in or put comments on what you think of mine.

1 Tom Brady, New England Patriots

He wins and comes up big when he needs to.

2 Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts

Arguably the best passer in the history of the game.

3 Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia Eagles

An accurate passer with the ability to avoid the pass rush and run for the 1st down.

4 Carson Palmer, Cincinnati Bengals

On the verge of becoming a huge star. Arm strength, arm accuracy and ability to avoid the pass rush.

5 Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

Very accurate QB who wins. Has a big arm that hasn't been shown off yet.

6 Daunte Culpepper, Minnesota Vikings

Hasn't adjusted to losing Randy Moss yet but still amazing arm strength and great running ability.

7 Matt Hasslebeck, Seattle Seahawks

In his 5th year as starter Hasslebeck is really starting to get how to play QB in the NFL.

8 Marc Bulger, St Louis Rams

Makes more INTs then you like but he can flat out throw the ball.

9 Eli Manning, New York Giants

Up and comer who has been accurate and has shown the arm strength.

10 Drew Bledsoe, Dallas Cowboys

So far Bledsoe deserves to be in the top 10. Look for another 2nd half drop off.

TacklingDummy
10-13-2005, 09:17 AM
1) Manning: Talking about best QB. Not best Big game winner.
2) Favre: Old and still has it. Could play for another 3 years if wanted to. Green Bay was nuts to draft Rogers. They should of Drafted to help Favre.
3) McNabb

4-10 can go in order, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Hassleback, Palmer, Bulger, Delhomme.

Culpepper is not in the top 10. Randy Moss made him. And until he can prove he can be a good QB without Moss then he can move up the list.

EDS
10-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Manning
Brady
McNabb

In that order. Then a big drop to the rest, unless Culpepper returns to form or Palmer proves he is for real.

Sportsuser101
10-13-2005, 09:20 AM
1) Manning: Talking about best QB. Not best Big game winner.
2) Farve: Old and still has it. Could play for another 3 years if wanted to. Green Bay was nuts to draft Rogers. They should of Drafted to help Farve.
3) McNabb

4-10 can go in order, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Hassleback, Palmer, Bulger, Delhomme.

Culpepper is not in the top 10. Randy Moss made him. And until he can prove he can be a good QB without Moss then he can move up the list.

Who is Farve?

TacklingDummy
10-13-2005, 09:23 AM
The Guy who you didn't put on your list.

Novacane
10-13-2005, 09:28 AM
How can you leave Favre off a top 10 QB list?

camelcowboy
10-13-2005, 09:29 AM
10 Drew Bledsoe, Dallas Cowboys

So far Bledsoe deserves to be in the top 10. Look for another 2nd half drop off.

agreed :up:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Sportsuser101
10-13-2005, 09:32 AM
The Guy who you didn't put on your list.

Never heard of Farve. I left Favre off the list because he doesn't have it anymore. Makes too many turnovers.

Meathead
10-13-2005, 09:32 AM
if you dont think losman is the best qb you're a bad fan.

camelcowboy
10-13-2005, 09:33 AM
if you dont think losman is the best qb you're a bad fan.

Nope just if your saying hes a bust after four games

Novacane
10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Never heard of Farve. I left Favre off the list because he doesn't have it anymore. Makes too many turnovers.

Leads the league in TD passes this year. He still has it.

camelcowboy
10-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Leads the league in TD passes this year. He still has it.

He's going to have turn overs because he's carrying that team on his back. What the hell happened to Arhman Green?

footballhottie
10-13-2005, 09:42 AM
bledsoe is only good because the oline is able o hold off the defence for days at a time....which is just enough time for him to get his big head out of his ass.....

TacklingDummy
10-13-2005, 09:45 AM
I left Favre off the list because he doesn't have it anymore. Makes too many turnovers.

He tries to make plays happen, he's the only thing that GB has got.

I'd love to have the Favre that doesn't have it anymore QBing the Bills for the next 3 years.

Sportsuser101
10-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Green has missed 1 game and that 1 game they won 52-3 so thats not a good excuse. Favre makes too many turnovers and the only reason he has the TDs is because the Pack have been down by 10 points before they even get on the field. He has throw it and if you look at the games most of them have been late in the 4th quarter.

TacklingDummy
10-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Favre makes too many turnovers and the only reason he has the TDs is because the Pack have been down by 10 points before they even get on the field. .

So then what your saying is, Favre would have less turnovers if the Packer's weren't always down by 10 points?

You put Cuppepper on the list and he has 10 Ints. and only 4TDs compared to Favre's 12 Tds 8 Ints.

How much better would Favre's #s be in the past if he had a Randy Moss to throw to?

Tinboy
10-13-2005, 10:21 AM
I agree leaving Favre out is crazy! He still has it I would say with a QB-rating of 87.6 this year.

Jersey1031
10-13-2005, 10:56 AM
1. manning
2. brady
3. mcnabb
4. palmer
5. favre

BillsFever21
10-13-2005, 04:36 PM
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. McNabb
4. Favre
5. Palmer
6. Hasselback
7. Brees
8. Vick
9. Hasselbeck
10. Roethlisberger

Mr. Cynical
10-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Favre absolutely still has it and should be in the top 5. Looking at what he has to work with makes his accomplishments that much more incredible.

No, he is not what he used to be. Who is? But in his prime he was the best QB in the history of the game IMHO. And even in his "twilight years" I'd take him over 90% of the QBs currently in the league.

Mr. Cynical
10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
This message is hidden because J.P.is just pathetic is on your ignore list.</SPAN>

Please, don't anybody quote him. I know it will be an idiotic post and really don't want to hurt my eyes. Thanks.

AndreReed83
10-13-2005, 06:05 PM
bledsoe is only good because the oline is able o hold off the defence for days at a time....which is just enough time for him to get his big head out of his ass.....

Wow, somebody besides me has realized this! I wonder how the Cowboys O-line is going to hold up through the year... or if they try to make a playoff run. Those guys will be pounded by the end of the season. That should drop ole Drew out of your top 10 rather quickly.