PDA

View Full Version : Our DE's

justasportsfan
10-13-2005, 10:57 AM
What do you think about them so far?

I have been disappointed w/ them so far. We end up having to blitz qb's all the time because our DE's can't get to them. Could blitzing too much be the reason why we are getting killed in the running game? :idunno:

Do we need to get a stud pass rusher via FA or do we draft another "potential"

Captain Obvious
10-13-2005, 11:23 AM

I have been disappointed w/ them so far. We end up having to blitz qb's all the time because our DE's can't get to them. Could blitzing too much be the reason why we are getting killed in the running game? :idunno:

Agree with everything you've said. However don't we need a DT just as badly as another DE whether its through FA or the draft?

OpIv37
10-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Sam Adams played well against Miami. Other than that, our D line has sucked.

As far as getting to the QB, I think they're getting decent pressure but have gotten killed by some mobile QB's. Schobel' good but inconsistent.

Football games are won and lost in the trenches, and TD hasn't given the O line or the D line the attention that they need.

Turf
10-13-2005, 11:32 AM
We haven't had a dominant DE since Bruce.
And when we blitz, we send 8 guys and none of them can get through the line of scrimmage. Simply amazing. It never works that way against us.
But yes, we have a great DT, and have had alot of good DT's, Washington, Pat, and now Sam. But DE we never address, just like the Oline. Schoebel is not the answer. He's a complement to somebody real good.

justasportsfan
10-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Agree with everything you've said. However don't we need a DT just as badly as another DE whether its through FA or the draft? If our DE's constantly rush the passer you won't have to blitz our lb's and they can defend the run.

DynaPaul
10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
I liken our DE's as being akin to Phil Hansens. Neither of them are spectacular but they just make consistent plays though they could be better against the run. If we had one power DE it could totally change our defense into something awesome.

Kerr
10-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Op is right. Shobel is good, but inconsistent. The only consistent thing they've done so far is get two consecutive sacks at the end of the dolphins game to stop their comeback. That was good, but we need to see more of that.

colin
10-15-2005, 02:24 PM
we don't have any special players at DE, and we don't really need one.

atlanta has a similar level of talent at DE, they show up big time in some games, and get smothered in others.

no D is perfect and you can't have it all, but players compliment each other well. all we need is one or two new DTs and our D will be about tops in the NFL. I really wish we got Simon this offseason.

Michael82
10-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Schobel needs to bulk up some more. He's getting killed by the run.

Typ0
10-15-2005, 05:51 PM

your logic is faulty...at least in theory. Blitzing in practice should CLOSE the running lanes and allow more passing opportunities.

slakjaw157
10-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Sam Adams played well against Miami. Other than that, our D line has sucked.

IMO Adams hasn't shown up since opening game of last season.

Typ0
10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Adams has been a solid player in every game he's been here IMO.

jamze132
10-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Lets give Anderson a chance. The guy may pan out just find and be a permanent fixture in the middle for years to come.

kgun12
10-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Justa I posted this before the Saints game.

Meet Rich Gannon on the way to San Antonio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the defense he said without Pat Williams, teams have figured out to run at the left side of our defense. Say Schobel is good against the pass, but is getting KILLED against the run because of his size and the fact that Pat Williams is gone and Edwards is getting killed.

I think this probably hurts us against the pass also.

kgun12
10-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Schobel needs to bulk up some more. He's getting killed by the run.

See my above post.