PDA

View Full Version : From a Jet fan... Keys to the Jets-BiLLs game.

HendersonD06
10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Well first off I wanna start talking about how I think the Jets Defense will stop the Bills Offense.

I have a very strong feeling that the Bills are going to run early and run often... But with the power and speed on the D-Line with J.Abraham,D.Robertson,J.Reed(Might have a huge game), and S.Ellis... I think those boys can get through the Bills O-Line all day long and stuff W.McGahaee before he even gets to the L.O.S... And on some plays where the Bills O-Line actually does get some momentum on the Jets D-Line... Look for J.Vilma and company to get to the sidelines before W.McGahee can.

Willis is a great running back, I'm not trying to take anything away from his talent... But the fact of the matter is this... The Jets D-Line should apply pressure on the Bills run-game all day long, and with that... I expect the Bills run game to die down come middle of the 3rd quarter.

As long as the Jets can stuff the run, and stuff it often... And put the Bills in passing situations where they would rather not be in... I don't see them passing all over us come Sunday, JMHO.

Yes K.Holcomb did have a nice day beating the Phins... But the Phins D is not even in the same waters as this D... We are quicker, younger, stronger, faster, and coached by D.Henderson... I see him throwing 2-3 int's this game.

Thats the key... Stuff the run all day long, put the Bills in bad passing situations, and let the Jets secondary, led by T.Law and company to fly to the ball like some true ball-hawks.

And I really think the Jets Offense will have a nice game... Look for the Jets to pass to set up the run, Curtis might really have a nice game this week@Buffalo. Look for Vinny to take alot of 3 step drops, hit Coles and McCareins on some quick slants, use Baker and D.Jolley on some flats, run acouple of screen passes, and then BANG! Go deep for two or maybe even three 20-30 yd strikes...

Jets-27- Bills-16.

Look, I dont wanna sound like a troll in this post but... Now on the other hand... There is no way the Jets will beat the BiLLs if the Jets D-Line don't step up, and allows Willis to have a big game... No way... Just because if Willis gets going, Holcomb might actually pick us apart... All I know is this, Holcomb has been a back-up since entering the NFL... Vinny may be 41, but he has alot of knoladge, and might not be a P.Mayton type of player for the Jets... But he does know how to manage a game. If the Jets D can put Holcomb in some 3rd and 12'2, 3rd and 11'2... I really think the Jets D will play good on passing downs (Yet to allow a reciever to break 100yds)

But its simple... If we get beat by the run early and often... We lose.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

E.Barton,J.Vilma,M.Brown,V.Hobson,

T.Law,J.Miller,D.Strait,D.Barrett,

E.Coleman,R.Washington,K.Rhodes,O.Celestin BaBy!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/33_764896Custom2.jpg
Defense wins championships!
<!-- / sig -->

HendersonD06
10-14-2005, 04:47 PM
How do Bills fans feel? Like what do the Bills have to do (Gameplan wise) to beat the Jets,

FlyingDutchman
10-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Good post, good to see that Jet fans actually put thinking into their posts unlike some fin fans who just blab biased crap. I think the Bills will try to make Vinny to be the one to beat them. You guys have to establish the running game to succeed. If you fall behind early it will hard for Vinny to beat a tough pass defense. Either way it will be a low scoring tough game that will be won in the trenches.

Jersey1031
10-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Willis is a great running back, I'm not trying to take anything away from his talent... But the fact of the matter is this... The Jets D-Line should apply pressure on the Bills run-game all day long, and with that... I expect the Bills run game to die down come middle of the 3rd quarter. As long as the Jets can stuff the run, and stuff it often... And put the Bills in passing situations where they would rather not be in... I don't see them passing all over us come Sunday, JMHO.

Ummm no...JETS Rushing Defense -- 120.4 ypg (27th)

...enough said, goodbye, see you sunday.

slakjaw157
10-15-2005, 01:24 AM
As simple as it sounds, and as obvious, turnovers will be the key as usual. I don't forsee either of these offenses burning up the scoreboard in this one, so not turning the ball over, especially in your own end will be very important. IMO it will be a battle of field goal kickers, as both offenses will have trouble moving the chains.

On the defensive side, the Bills need to pressure Vinny early and often and make sure he hits the turf. Then he will undoubtedly start to make mistakes.

Offensively, O-line,O-line, O-line................Oh, and did I mention the O-line?

sdbillsfan2
10-15-2005, 05:15 AM
How do Bills fans feel? Like what do the Bills have to do (Gameplan wise) to beat the Jets,
omg.....don't tell me the Jets coaching Staff is here fishing for answers again?

LifetimeBillsFan
10-15-2005, 06:57 AM
This shapes up as a tough, defensive battle with few points scored.

Both defenses will have to play better against the run than they have this season in order for their team to win because both offenses are going to try to do the same thing: establish the run and throw off of the run. The team that can do a better job of stopping the run will be in the better position to generate turnovers and win.

The Bills have run the ball a little better than the Jets this season against similarly tough run defenses. With Mike Williams and Chris Villarial back this week, they should be in as good a position to continue to do so as they could hope for. The Jets' offensive line, for some reason, has not been as effective as last year in the run game. Both teams have very good RB, so it really comes down to the offensive lines vs the defensive fronts.

The Jets have done a little better stopping the run than the Bills defense has this season. They miss Barton, but have a lot of quality people in their front seven and it is surprising that they have given up as much on the ground as they have. The Bills are giving up 40 yards a game more than the Jets on the ground this season--horrible! But, they have played better the last two games (until they quit at the end of the NO game). Both teams are fully capable of stopping the run if they play up to their abilities, but both have shown that they can just as readily be gashed on the ground if they don't.

Here's a key that most Jets fans are not aware of (I live in the NYC area): the veteran players on the Bills--and most of them are on the defensive side of the ball--put their butts on the line when they forced Mularkey to make the switch to Holcomb. If they don't perform well and get the job done, they know that JP Losman will be put back in at QB, the rest of the season will be spent developing him regardless of wins or losses, and a lot of them will be looking for work elsewhere next year (which isn't going to be as easy as some may think for players on the wrong side of 30). They have a lot of motivation on their side right now--more than the Jets--and it showed against Miami last week.

The Bills will have to play better than they did against Miami to beat the Jets, but they are at home and have a lot of motivation to win this one. The Jets played well at home last week, but the road is a different animal in the NFL. I think it is a little more likely that the Bills will be able to stop the Jets on the ground this week and I think that their secondary might be a tad better than the Jets in defending the pass. Vinny's experience will definitely help the Jets and the Bills will have to make sure that they don't let him draw them in and then burn them, but Vinny isn't as mobile as the QBs who have been able to do that to the Bills this season and the Jets haven't done a great job of protecting their QBs so far either. So, I would give the Bills a slight edge in this one...but they will have to play well to take advantage of it.

I won't predict a score, but it's likely to be very close. If you want to see my full take on the game, read my preview article "As I See It..." on the BillsZone.com front page.

jamze132
10-15-2005, 08:56 AM
It was still biased. It's not his fault though, he's a Jets fan.