PDA

View Full Version : Here is what Jaws thinks of the Losman/Holcomb ordeal

BillsFever21
10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't think the Buffalo Bills made the right move switching J.P. Losman for Kelly Holcomb. They made a commitment to the young quarterback in the offseason, and you would've thought they knew that there were going to be bumps in the road. It's crazy to think that a young guy is going to come in and be Peyton Manning right off the bat. It takes time to develop a quarterback mentally, and this benching is only going to set him back mentally now.

I understand the Bills feel they have a strong shot at making the playoffs, but if that was the case, then why did they put Losman in this position in the first place? They jettisoned Drew Bledsoe in the offseason under the guise that they were going to stick with Losman through thick and thin. Now they have decided to win now at the expense of Losman, and I'm not sure at how intelligent that move is going to turn out. In the short run, Holcomb will stabilize the offense because he can manage the game better than Losman at this stage of his career.

But let's not act as though starting Holcomb is going to provide some type of quantum leap for this offense. They are still going to rely heavily on RB Willis McGahee and the defense to win games because the offensive line is only average at pass protection.

Losman should now use this time to focus on his strengths, which are obviously his arm strength and mobility. As is typical of every young QB, he played the game too fast when he was the starter. The greatest way to tell if a quarterback is starting to see a slowing down of the game is to watch his feet, because if his feet are going a mile a minute, then so is his brain.

Jaworski knows his stuff and I can't agree with him anymore. This coaching staff is clueless and can't make up their minds on what they wanna do.

The_Philster
10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
not that I doubt what you're saying...I'm in agreement and I fully think Jaws believes that too...but do you have a link?

BillsFever21
10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
not that I doubt what you're saying...I'm in agreement and I fully think Jaws believes that too...but do you have a link?

Found it on another board. It came from ESPN Insiders which only paid subscribers have access to.

Iehoshua
10-13-2005, 08:39 PM
:bf1: Lots of wisdom in the words of Jaws...

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
I've always like Jaws. The guy knows his stuff and isn't afraid to speak his mind. :up:

Billz_fan
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM
He makes some good points. Can't argue with the logic he uses :up:

Mr. Cynical
10-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Great post. No, it is a PERFECT post. :10:

I and others in the JPD have been saying the EXACT same things, so I'm glad to see it come from someone who has played the game and knows what he is talking about.

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Great post. No, it is a PERFECT post. :10:

I and others in the JPD have been saying the EXACT same things, so I'm glad to see it come from someone who has played the game and knows what he is talking about.

I'm NOT in the JPD and have also said this all along. It is just the smart thing to do.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
yeah it's nice to see people outside of the Bills say what many fans have stated
this to me could damage or excell him
for the gamble we made it's true why not stick with him

O well
Maybe Jaws can come back to lackawanna? and talk to the organization
Nope they have blinders on
Their all on "Thin Ice" don't ya know
yeah idiots lake erie isn't going to freeze
now what
zero visability management here for the fans

BillsFever21
10-13-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah it's nice to see people outside of the Bills say what many fans have stated
this to me could damage or excell him
for the gamble we made it's true why not stick with him

O well
Maybe Jaws can come back to lackawanna? and talk to the organization
Nope they have blinders on
Their all on "Thin Ice" don't ya know
yeah idiots lake erie isn't going to freeze
now what
zero visability management here for the fans

They are all afraid of losing their jobs. A coach who's decisons come down to being afraid of losing his job shows he isn't good enough in the first place to handle the position.

Novacane
10-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Jim Kelly said it was a bad move too.

Iehoshua
10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm NOT in the JPD and have also said this all along. It is just the smart thing to do.
You can take the man out of the JPD, but you can't take the JPD out of the man...
:D

BSXIII
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I think the switch was a good move. At this point in time, Losman is not ready to be an NFL QB, especially with all this team's offensive problems. The few times he's had chances so far, he's done nothing. But with this o-line his chances will be few and far between. Going from Tulane to playing in the NFL behind this 0-line is just too much of a jump for anyone.