PDA

View Full Version : JP will be starting before the end of the season.

RedEyE
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
JP might be sitting now, but I guarenatee that he will be starting before the end of this season.

....and here's why:

1) Holcomb is 32 and hasn't played longer than 8 straight games without injury.

2) The Bills still believe that JP is their future and even though the kid is only 1-3 starting, they still have no idea what he is capable of doing.

3) This team isn't playoff bound this year anyway.

4) He needs the experience. He can ride the pine for 20 years and still never get what he needs unless he gets into the game for some good 'ol OJT. Repetition is what this kid needs in order to get better. Just like the rest of us, when starting a new job you can only read so many manuals and watch your trainer only so many times before needing the time to learn from your mistakes. Learning from our mistakes is what makes all of us better at what we do.

I believe that either the last 4-5 games will belong to JP, or that Mularkey might pull some nonsense as he plays JP against teams that can't contain a roaming QB, swapping him in and out with Holcomb throughout the season. Regardless, we will see our very own "Bobby Boucher" at the helm several more times this year. Mark my words.

Devin
10-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I agree and hope we are both right.

If we go into next season with JP having experience and all our weapons healthy we are going to hav a fast, young, dangerous offense.

As I said before id rather get the growing pains out of the way.

BillsFever21
10-13-2005, 09:22 PM
JP will probably be in after the bye week. We will be 3-5 after the New England game and Losman will be back in.

If he doesn't bring him back in then it will be because he will be too embarrased to admit that he made the wrong decision in the first place and took away 4 more games of experience from Losman.

Throne Logic
10-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Should be in now. Buffalo is mortgaging the future for the chance, not even a great chance, for a quick high.

Nic82
10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Who knows what the Bills will do by the end of the season, but this team needs to win now. It shouldn't take six years to rebuild. We have been in neutral the last three years. I thought the Bills made a good decision to cut Drew Bledsoe, but now I know it was wrong. The Bills saved 2 million in cap space by cutting him, but the signing of Kelly Holcomb pretty much negates that cap savings. Now, Kelly is the starter. I think everyone would agree that Drew is slightly better than Kelly. When the Bills decided to go with JP, I thought he would be NFL ready, but it is evident that he is not ready. The Bills should be patient with him. Remember Steve McNair sat for about two years before he became a starter. Remember he also came from a small school. JP will play when he earns it. No player is bigger than the team.

pintonick96
10-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Kelly isn't 2 million against the cap. He's doing well and we might as well ride him out. Let JP see how its done. JP hasnt done as bad as everyone thinks he has. We all think we have the 1985 Bears on our roster and we're expecting to go 19-0. Lets just see what happens.

Kerr
10-14-2005, 12:05 AM
I would say after our next loss, Losman will be back in there.

Nic82
10-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Kelly isn't 2 million against the cap. He's doing well and we might as well ride him out. Let JP see how its done. JP hasnt done as bad as everyone thinks he has. We all think we have the 1985 Bears on our roster and we're expecting to go 19-0. Lets just see what happens.

The Bills saved 2 million in cap space by cutting him, but the signing of Kelly Holcomb pretty much negates that cap savings. Sorry Kelly is 1.2 million against the cap, but Drew's worth is at least $800,000 more than Kelly's. Therefore the Bills didn't save anything.

sba
10-14-2005, 01:49 AM
Plus Drew is off the cap altogether next year, freeing up more money to sign FA's. With that money off, and a hopeful restructure of Mike Williams' deal, as well as a restructure or release ( :( ) for Emo we'll hopefully sign some decent FA's.

I'm at the point of reading this board where I'm not sure people care about winning. If Holcomb wins the next 10 games in a row, people will still be upset that we're not tanking the season for Losman to play. I'd like to see more from Losman too, so that if he's clearly not the answer, which is how it's looking right now, we can make a serious run at Drew Brees or Billy Volek or someone else to take over at QB for us.

vicmantak
10-14-2005, 04:40 AM
I'd like to see more from Losman too, so that if he's clearly not the answer, which is how it's looking right now, we can make a serious run at Drew Brees or Billy Volek or someone else to take over at QB for us.
Exactly!
On papers, both will be FAs next year and for sure it would be extremely amazing if Bills can make the run for any of them.

Stewie
10-14-2005, 07:17 AM
JP will play the game after we get eliminated from the playoffs, and I'm fine with that.

BillsFever21
10-31-2005, 08:33 AM
JP will probably be in after the bye week. We will be 3-5 after the New England game and Losman will be back in.

If he doesn't bring him back in then it will be because he will be too embarrased to admit that he made the wrong decision in the first place and took away 4 more games of experience from Losman.

Damn, I hate being a realist and always being right about the direction of this team.

Hopefully the final part will be correct and Losman will be back in the huddle after the bye week.

Me and the realist are/were right on. As soon as Losman was benched I said we would beat Miami and the Jets and lose to the Raiders and Patriots. I wish I could be wrong because that would mean we would actually have a good season.

The JPD isn't happy about having to say we told you so.

HHURRICANE
10-31-2005, 08:43 AM

I will freak out if they don't start JP after the bye!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: