PDA

View Full Version : Who said Miller wasn't ready??

Philagape
10-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Someone here said Ryan Miller wasn't ready for the NHL.

Good call.

:haha:

pyrrhonist
10-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Good call.

While Makaveli is the person you're attempting to call out with this post, at least he stayed true to his original thoughts. The majority of the people here were dissing Ryan prior to this preseason, and saying he would never be the starter. Fast forward a few years to the "new" NHL, and suddenly everyone was a fan of his. Perhaps that is where the finger pointing should go? :king: :D

JD
10-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Well everyone had a right to say he wouldnt be ready...based on his poor performance last season. Biron hasnt sat out this long since Dom...wonder how hes taking this?

Philagape
10-14-2005, 08:18 AM
The majority of the people here were dissing Ryan prior to this preseason, and saying he would never be the starter.

I wasn't.

I just wanted to know where someone gets off making such a declaration about someone whose last NHL play was a year and a half ago and had a dominating year in the AHL.

Some people on this site need to learn that young players tend to get better. A few don't, but there is no one here qualified to say who will and who won't. Posters just like to spout off in a lame attempt to sound cool and edgy and knowledgeable when in fact they have no idea what they're talking about.

Players grow. They learn. They mature, physically and psychologically. I hope Miller's current play encourages people about JP Losman, because in Miller's last stint with Buffalo, he played pretty badly. He simply wasn't ready at the time.

But now it's __________________!!!!!!! (I refuse to use the cliche)

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2005, 09:52 AM
His glove is waaaay better than 2 years ago.

I would like Lindy to stop playing him back to back games (2 nights in a row)though.

Dozerdog
10-14-2005, 10:46 AM

Good call.

Someone said letting Zhitnik and Satan go was a huge mistake

Someone said we should have signed some aged overpricred free agents instead of signing and developing the young talent we already have

Someone said Reiger and Ruff were clueless and weren't fit to run a Burger King let alone an NHL team

A whole bunch of someones were *****in' & moaning that they were never going to support this team because they weren't committed to winning

pyrrhonist
10-14-2005, 11:20 AM
As funny as some of the things Dozer posted are (And 2 apply to me!), it's only 5 games, folks. There are 77 games to go! :calm:

Makaveli
10-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Good call.

thats right I did say it... and from watching him in the AHL and even now he still makes me nervous as hell because I don't think he has a solid game, and oh yea.... its been 5 games, I can admit Miller has played well and I can and HAVE admitted he will be an All-Star one day but I still dont think he's the way to go for now... its funny cuz if it was Mika in net and I made a thread like this, everyone would say "its everyone playing in front of him", "the D has been amazing" etc etc...

MEH!

Philagape
10-14-2005, 11:46 AM

Someone said we should have signed some aged overpricred free agents instead of signing and developing the young talent we already have

Someone said Reiger and Ruff were clueless and weren't fit to run a Burger King let alone an NHL team

A whole bunch of someones were *****in' & moaning that they were never going to support this team because they weren't committed to winning

Yeah!

camelcowboy
10-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Miller has a quality i love and a quality i hate, I love how the third period appears to be his strongest, comming up with game saving plays, yet early in games he gives up goals, and looks lots when someone is screening the net.

Dozerdog
10-14-2005, 12:04 PM
As funny as some of the things Dozer posted are (And 2 apply to me!), it's only 5 games, folks. There are 77 games to go! :calm:

Team that took our two better players & beat us out of the playoffs= Win

Last Season's #1 playoff seed &Projected Stanly Cup contender= Win

Projected Stanly Cup winner on road (3rd game in 4 nights)- Lost

Suppoosedly rebuilt Superstar team loaded with #1 overall picks= Win

Defending Stanly Cup champs on the road = Win

Only 5 games- but no slouches amongst them.

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Team that took our two better players & beat us out of the playoffs= Win

Last Season's #1 playoff seed &Projected Stanly Cup contender= Win

Projected Stanly Cup winner on road (3rd game in 4 nights)- Lost

Suppoosedly rebuilt Superstar team loaded with #1 overall picks= Win

Defending Stanly Cup champs on the road = Win

Only 5 games- but no slouches amongst them.
That's all fine and dandy, but we still need a defenseman or two. Or three. :::

camelcowboy
10-14-2005, 12:17 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but we still need a defenseman or two. Or three. :::

We have defensmen, but how a defenseman besides Mckee that can actually throw a check or clear out the front of the net. These speed offensive defensemen scare the hell out of me, especially Lydman.

Dozerdog
10-14-2005, 12:21 PM
We will trade a goalie for one- I am certain of it.

I'm just suprised with all the injuries to goalies early in the year- that it hasn't happened yet.

Maybe the Free agent happy clubs overspent and now can't deal for one?

hammerbillsfan
10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Sabres have $10 million in cap room, they can definately get one.

Typ0
10-14-2005, 02:03 PM
honestly....I really can see where this team is going places. I can't remember saying that since the year Peca held out....at the beginning of the season I thought they would get that deal done and that team really had a shot. Of course, this team is an outside contender...but we are going to make some waves this season and have an excellent core of players to build on especially because of the youth. A lot rides on Miller as Goaltending ends up being everything on a good team....it's the factor that puts you over the edge. If we don't win it all this year I can't wait to see what the offseason brings.

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
We will trade a goalie for one- I am certain of it.

I'm just suprised with all the injuries to goalies early in the year- that it hasn't happened yet.

Maybe the Free agent happy clubs overspent and now can't deal for one?
The guy on TSN last night said Atlanta called, but Darcy said he wasn't trading a goalie. :huh:

I miss Brad Brown.

Dozerdog
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
The guy on TSN last night said Atlanta called, but Darcy said he wasn't trading a goalie. :huh:

I miss Brad Brown.That was only in preseason- and the best they would offer up was a 2nd round pick.

We need defense- not picks

I agree on Brown- but then again- can he do his job without all the clutch & grabbing?

Or would he be in the box 10 minutes a night?

SkateZilla
10-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Im ALready Missing Alexi Missnik,

But we Do Need some D Men,

HOW DO WE DRESS 7 D-Men and still look like crap on Defense...

Historian
10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
His glove is waaaay better than 2 years ago.
I would like Lindy to stop playing him back to back games (2 nights in a row)though.

I agree. He's looked good.

With Fla, Bos, and NYR up next...when do you sit him?

Dozerdog
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Yoiu could sit him vs Florida and/or the Rangers.

I would only sit him on back to back nights especially on the road.

Demon
10-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Yoiu could sit him vs Florida and/or the Rangers.

I would only sit him on back to back nights especially on the road.

Ruff already stated that Miller will start both games on WGR, i didn't hear it first hand, but a few people told me that is what he said.....

Play Miller vs. Florida, rest him vs. Boston and start him at home vs. NYR.

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM

I said all of the above except for the last one. Schedule is 82 games long. I think we should wait for at least half of them to be played before the pointing begins. There are some good teams that are playing like crap right now.

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2005, 04:33 PM

I guess I could have read a bit farther too. :D

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
thats right I did say it... and from watching him in the AHL and even now he still makes me nervous as hell because I don't think he has a solid game, and oh yea.... its been 5 games, I can admit Miller has played well and I can and HAVE admitted he will be an All-Star one day but I still dont think he's the way to go for now... its funny cuz if it was Mika in net and I made a thread like this, everyone would say "its everyone playing in front of him", "the D has been amazing" etc etc...
MEH!

Sounds like a Bledsoe type thing.

Typ0
10-15-2005, 05:30 PM
This is the first time in several years I've experienced an emotional high for buffalo sports based on PLAY. I'm going to sit back and enjoy it. Looks like Florida is favored tonight by more than a goal...do you think we can win?

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2005, 06:07 PM
This is the first time in several years I've experienced an emotional high for buffalo sports based on PLAY. I'm going to sit back and enjoy it. Looks like Florida is favored tonight by more than a goal...do you think we can win?

Yes they can. I DO like the idea of the new NHL though. I haven't actually seen any game though. :( I keep forgetting about them.

Mr.Reality
10-15-2005, 08:20 PM

haha.

Miller was very good at Michigan State. I think in the long run Buffalo fans will like him.

If you don't, hell, trade him to the Wings. . .