X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sba
    • Dec 2004

Tedy Bruschi is a moron

(CBS4) BOSTON There's a lot we don't know yet about Tedy Bruschi's football future, but this we can guarantee.

Number 54 will be back on the practice field with the Patriots in the next three weeks and sources tell CBS4's Steve Burton that he's hopefull to return to action this season.

Bruschi is eligible to come off the "physically unable to perform" list after week six, meaning next Monday.

Good move Tedy, hopefully you don't die on the field, but it'll be ok, you're a Patriot through and through. I bet your wife and kids are pleased that their daddy has an above average chance to die on the field if he takes a decent shot to the head.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tedy Bruschi is a moron

Agreed. This is different from any other injury. He's a complete fool to go back out there and risk his life.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

I've been saying Bruschi is an loud-mouth idiot for the past year or two... finally something to back it up

Comment

• Akhippo
        • Nov 2002

He has nothing else. He probably looks at his personal life and sees only football. Brain and heart ailments are the injuries you dont want to mess with. He should sit and enjoy his life.
        Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sba
          http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/loc...286180702.html

(CBS4) BOSTON There's a lot we don't know yet about Tedy Bruschi's football future, but this we can guarantee.

Number 54 will be back on the practice field with the Patriots in the next three weeks and sources tell CBS4's Steve Burton that he's hopefull to return to action this season.

Bruschi is eligible to come off the "physically unable to perform" list after week six, meaning next Monday.

Good move Tedy, hopefully you don't die on the field, but it'll be ok, you're a Patriot through and through. I bet your wife and kids are pleased that their daddy has an above average chance to die on the field if he takes a decent shot to the head.
          Don't you think that he probably went over the risks with the Doctors? I doubt he would be coming back unless there wasn't much risk of serious injury.

Comment

• CanaanVtBillsFan
            • Sep 2003

Lots of players have faced situations like this. It's an arrogance and stupidity to me
            I remember LaFontaine being told not to play and I believe the Sabres let him go because of his risk

Hey their families get filthy rich if they die
            pro players are also faced with the incredible sense of competion and as you all know many have hard times in life when they are out of that realm
            drugs, alcohol, head problems, physical problems from the beatings their bodies endure

I would hate to see anyone lose their life over the game they love, but hey their big boys snd can make their own decisions
            and also have a line of doctors the average joe can;t afford
            TommieBoy

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

If he was on the Bills you guys would be calling him a warrior.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sba
                I bet your wife and kids are pleased that their daddy has an above average chance to die on the field if he takes a decent shot to the head.
                Do you have any evidence of the above statement?
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

Exactly... he still has to be cleared by team doctors... they wouldnt let him play if they thought he had a big chance of dying.

Fact is.. any player in the NFL could die at any time.... just like the rest of us when crossing the street. There are no guarantees in life... other than death.

I do applaud him for coming back... but if his problems come back, he should step down for good.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

He wouldn't be back if the team didn't need him, With Harrison done for the year, and law gone, this defense needs him more then ever, just for the emotional boost alone. Besides doctors wouldn't stop him from playing if they thought he was in a immediate danger, but keep in mind that he isn't in football shape, so if he wants to indanger his health so be it. Its not the first time an NFL player didn't use their brain. The Minnasota players playing popeye is great example. His decision we'll see how it ends up. I see both sides to the arguement, but i would think family obligations would stop me from playing after a stroke.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                      • Jul 2002

I'm familiar with strokes and feel he should take the year off. There's no need to risk it if you can give your body more time to get stronger.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I highly doubt the NFL would allow this if there was high risk of him dying on the field.

Comment

• bledslow
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by sba
                          http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/loc...286180702.html

multiple doctors today on espn radio(boston) said he is NOT at any risk to get another stroke by playing football. -but it was cute to read you're post as you pretended to know what you were talking about.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            If he was on the Bills you guys would be calling him a warrior.
                            Not so. I know when Chris Spielman tried coming back from his neck injury I thought that was dumb too. Spielman realized it soon enough when he went to the Browns I think the team was. I've never been a Bruschi fan, I've always thought he was a little cry baby on the field blessed by serendipity. I'm sure the Patriots fans will be happy that their leader is back on the field but they won't be happy when he goes down for good.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                              • Jan 2003

Spielman was good...

Comment

Working...
                              X