PDA

View Full Version : Meet Ryan Miller

JD
10-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Meet the Sabres
Meet Ryan Miller
Oct 13, 2005, 06:06 PM
Robin Adams: "Everyone wants to know if your new haircut is inspired by Johnny Damon?"

Ryan Miller: "Yeah, I've gotten a lot of that. Actually I'm a big fan of his. He's one of my favorite ballplayers. Got a chance to see him at Fenway this summer.. so maybe a little bit in there. I can't quite grow the beard that he can."

Adams: "Something people might not know about you is your father, grandfather, uncle and five cousins all played for Michigan State. So I would guess by now that you could sing the fight song. Do you want to give it a try?"

Miller: "I'm not much of a singer. We usually make the rookies do that in weird places like the airport turnstiles where you get your luggage, or in the middle of a restaurant."

Adams: "Your hockey career started with you playing forward. How did you make the transition to a goalie? I heard there was a pretty interesting story behind it."

Miller: "Yeah, pretty interesting. We were living in California at the time.. San Jose and I was real defensive minded and always interested in it sot I kind of had a sit down strike. My dad was the coach and kind of made me a deal if I got three assists and a couple of goals I could try it. I went out and got seven points the next game and that's about the last time I played forward."

Adams: "What's the first major purchase that you made since joining the N.H.L.?"

Miller: "When I was a rookie I bought a house back home. I just put it right in there and I figured a house is something that's not going to depreciate in value. I don't think I am a real flashy guy."
~WIVB, Buffalo NY.
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3976859&nav=0Rag