PDA

View Full Version : I think we're facing the jets at just the right time

Stewie
10-14-2005, 06:26 AM
-Vinny T has the smarts to beat a blitzing defense but not the body. He's old and coming up to speed. We blitz a lot, mostly because it's the only way we create pressure. I see Vinny throwing picks. Our d-backs will be jumping routes all evening.

-Our special teams is better than theirs.

-Our running game is better than theirs.

-Curtis Martin is old. So is Kevin Mawae.

-Mularkey and Edwards both make boneheaded in-game decisions. That's a wash.

perhaps most importantly...

-This is Kelly Holcomb's career. Until now, he hasn't gotten a fair shot at guiding an NFL team (sitting behind the #1 overall pick and the politics, etc.) He wins big this week, and the questions about J.P. are over until further notice. We'll see how hungry he is.

Bills 20
Jets 3

Historian
10-14-2005, 07:00 AM
No way. I think they're just good enough to squeek by at 16-14.

This team isn't beating anybody by 17...even the ECC Kats.

Das_Bills
10-14-2005, 07:01 AM
-Vinny T has the smarts to beat a blitzing defense but not the body. He's old and coming up to speed. We blitz a lot, mostly because it's the only way we create pressure. I see Vinny throwing picks. Our d-backs will be jumping routes all evening.

-Our special teams is better than theirs.

-Our running game is better than theirs.

-Curtis Martin is old. So is Kevin Mawae.

-Mularkey and Edwards both make boneheaded in-game decisions. That's a wash.

perhaps most importantly...

-This is Kelly Holcomb's career. Until now, he hasn't gotten a fair shot at guiding an NFL team (sitting behind the #1 overall pick and the politics, etc.) He wins big this week, and the questions about J.P. are over until further notice. We'll see how hungry he is.

Bills 20
Jets 3

I agree with your post. The jets are having problems just as we are. I feel this is going to be our breakout game and the D and O will accually prove we are improving. I predict 5 picks and 4 sacks. Holcomb looked great in the Miami game and yes he can improve. He made the Oline look better than what they have been.

Bills 32
Jets 10

BillsFever21
10-14-2005, 09:29 AM
If the Jets can give us the game by committing 18 penalities and turn the ball over 5 times we have a good chance of winning.

ItsNoGood
10-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree with your post. The jets are having problems just as we are. I feel this is going to be our breakout game and the D and O will accually prove we are improving. I predict 5 picks and 4 sacks. Holcomb looked great in the Miami game and yes he can improve. He made the Oline look better than what they have been.

Bills 32
Jets 10
Bills won't score 32 points in both games against the Jets combined.

CuseJetsFan83
10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Bills won't score 32 points in both games against the Jets combined.

i agree, i tell ya..... it anything it will be a repeat of last years game at the ralph...... hopefully in my case with a different outcome, but it should be fairly close, and then one team or another breaks out in the 3rd. vinny may not have the mobility, but the shear fact he can throw, and neither chad/vinny/brooks can is enough for the bills pass d to be on alert which should open up either the running game or, those god awful 5 yard swing passes.

Stewie
10-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Maybe Bledsoe can lay out Fergueson in practice this week in memory of the best bills qb block ever.

gr8slayer
10-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Its just hard for me to be confident going into any game right now. I think the Jets are in the same boat we are in except we have Willis > and they have Curtis <.