PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills don't make the playoffs...

BillsFever21
10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
With Holcomb starting then Mularkey and Donahoe need to pack their bags together and take a one way plane ticket out of town.

They said they can go somewhere with him so if they fail they need to go.

17a_tailgater
10-14-2005, 01:37 PM
how far can the jets get if fiedler was playing??

thats the same place you could make.

OpIv37
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
With Holcomb starting then Mularkey and Donahoe need to pack their bags together and take a one way plane ticket out of town.

They should be sent packing anyway. Why? Because JP's not ready and they ****ed up by naming him the starter without a camp competition between JP and either Bledsoe or Holcomb. Now we've dug ourselves in a huge hole and lost to the weakest team on our schedule.

Our coaches should have known that JP wasn't ready and we never should have been 1-3 in the first place.

hammerbillsfan
10-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Donahoe is the worst, he has to go first.
7 years not even making the playoffs, what a joke.
He's just towing the team and going through the motions just to get a paycheck.

YardRat
10-14-2005, 01:46 PM
They should be sent packing anyway. Why? Because JP's not ready and they ****ed up by naming him the starter without a camp competition between JP and either Bledsoe or Holcomb. Now we've dug ourselves in a huge hole and lost to the weakest team on our schedule.

Our coaches should have known that JP wasn't ready and we never should have been 1-3 in the first place.

:clap: :bravo:

justasportsfan
10-14-2005, 01:51 PM

They said they can go somewhere with him so if they fail they need to go.Do they go if we go w/ JP and don't make playoffs too?

they expected this team to go to the playoffs even w/ JP.

Pride
10-14-2005, 01:56 PM
We all sure thought that JP was ready after game 1...

Hindsight is 20/20... had Holcomb started week 2... you all would have been screaming! You all thought JP was GOD after week 1. Stop acting like YOU knew any better. They made the change at the absolute correct time.

JP looked good in preseason... and looked great in Game 1. Who could have known he would stink up the joint for 3 consecutive weeks after that?

And to think that Bledsoe would have gotten us beyond the first round of the playoffs is fools gold. This line would have gotten bledsoe killed this year.

Sure, I blame TD and MM... but not for starting JP.... I blame them for not putting together a solid offensive line!

justasportsfan
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM

Hindsight is 20/20... had Holcomb started week 2... you all would have been screaming! You all thought JP was GOD after week 1. Stop acting like YOU knew any better. They made the change at the absolute correct time.

JP looked good in preseason... and looked great in Game 1. Who could have known he would stink up the joint for 3 consecutive weeks after that?

And to think that Bledsoe would have gotten us beyond the first round of the playoffs is fools gold. This line would have gotten bledsoe killed this year.

Sure, I blame TD and MM... but not for starting JP.... I blame them for not putting together a solid offensive line!
:up:

OpIv37
10-14-2005, 02:06 PM

Holcomb should have been starting BEFORE week 1. And no, maybe we didn't know any better, but we don't get paid 7 figures to evaluate football talent like Mularkey and Donahoe do. And we didn't have nearly as many opportunities to evaluate him.

They either should have made the change before week 1 and committed to doing everything possible to win, or they shouldn't have made the change at all and committed to developing JP. They're trying to have it both ways. I think the Giants blew a playoff opportunity last year by starting Manning, but at least they had the balls to stick to their stated goals. TD and MM are trying to have it both ways and it's biting them in the ass.

Pride
10-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I respectfully disagree with you. I saw no reason in preseason for JP not to start. Kelly looked marginally better, but that was against 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

Had Kelly blown away teams in the preseason... then maybe that argument holds water... but from what we saw of both QB's against the Defenses each faced... it was a wash... I think both would have been successful week 1.. and I dont think either would have won weeks 2-3. Week 4... that was another story.

finsrclowns
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM

But they get a free pass if we go 2-14 with JP?:coocoo:

OpIv37
10-14-2005, 02:20 PM
I respectfully disagree with you. I saw no reason in preseason for JP not to start. Kelly looked marginally better, but that was against 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

Had Kelly blown away teams in the preseason... then maybe that argument holds water... but from what we saw of both QB's against the Defenses each faced... it was a wash... I think both would have been successful week 1.. and I dont think either would have won weeks 2-3. Week 4... that was another story.

here's the problem- because there was no camp competition and JP was already the starter, Holcomb wasn't given any opportunities to play with the first team offense. Also, JP did some things that I really didn't like in pre-season. If you want to go back and look up my old posts, I got torn apart for saying it too.

Basically, if we could have seen Holcomb play with the first team more, and seen if Losman looked good against second teams, we would have had a better idea of who's actually better going into Week 1. As it stands, TD and MM made a decision with the goal of vindicating TD for mortaging this year's draft on JP instead of on who the best QB is at the moment.

gr8slayer
10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
If we miss the playoffs again then TD needs to start looking for another job because this is just getting pathetic.

Pride
10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll give you that.

But I was going on the simple fact that going on what WE knew of JP and KH.. they made the right choice.

As for the camp situation... I agree that seeing KH with the first unit may have made a difference.

OpIv37
10-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll give you that.

But I was going on the simple fact that going on what WE knew of JP and KH.. they made the right choice.

As for the camp situation... I agree that seeing KH with the first unit may have made a difference.

I'm just frustrated by the fact that MM and TD can't seem to figure out when to admit a mistake and when to stand by their decisions.

justasportsfan
10-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm just frustrated by the fact that MM and TD can't seem to figure out when to admit a mistake and when to stand by their decisions.
It all falls on TD's head. He seems to want to hire coaches who do nothing but say "yes'. I'm not sayng MM is a bust just yet , but there is no denying that is one of the reasons why he got the job.

Mr. Cynical
10-14-2005, 03:09 PM

This has been the case with TD since Day 1. It follows suit that MM would be this way since he is another TD cronie.

Bottom line - the Bills will continue to suck (yes, we suck as our 28-41 record and no playoffs in 5 years proves) until TD and his staff are long gone.

Historian
10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
It all falls on TD's head. He seems to want to hire coaches who do nothing but say "yes'. I'm not sayng MM is a bust just yet , but there is no denying that is one of the reasons why he got the job.

Exactly.

DynaPaul
10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Donahoe should be sent packing. He gets paid to make these personnel decisions and if they don't work out then he gets the blame.

BillsFever21
10-14-2005, 05:03 PM
But they get a free pass if we go 2-14 with JP?:coocoo:

How many times have I said Mularkey should be fired? Do I need to find all the posts? It could take a while.

Mularkey is a cowardly moron who needs to go regardless. TD can join him for standing by this decision. You know TD has his hands in the cookie jar too.

slakjaw157
10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
The team just needs to win, plain and simple. Was everyone calling for MMs' head last year during our late season charge? Probably not. I still think MM will do fine in the long run. TD, however is a completely different animal. He has had his chance and then some. Ralphy needs to wake up and sheetcan his arse. Time to bring in someone who is COMMITTED to winning.