X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

If the Bills don't make the playoffs...

With Holcomb starting then Mularkey and Donahoe need to pack their bags together and take a one way plane ticket out of town.

They said they can go somewhere with him so if they fail they need to go.
  • 17a_tailgater
    • Sep 2004

Re: If the Bills don't make the playoffs...

how far can the jets get if fiedler was playing??

thats the same place you could make.
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
      With Holcomb starting then Mularkey and Donahoe need to pack their bags together and take a one way plane ticket out of town.

They should be sent packing anyway. Why? Because JP's not ready and they ****ed up by naming him the starter without a camp competition between JP and either Bledsoe or Holcomb. Now we've dug ourselves in a huge hole and lost to the weakest team on our schedule.

Our coaches should have known that JP wasn't ready and we never should have been 1-3 in the first place.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

Donahoe is the worst, he has to go first.
        7 years not even making the playoffs, what a joke.
        He's just towing the team and going through the motions just to get a paycheck.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          They should be sent packing anyway. Why? Because JP's not ready and they ****ed up by naming him the starter without a camp competition between JP and either Bledsoe or Holcomb. Now we've dug ourselves in a huge hole and lost to the weakest team on our schedule.

Our coaches should have known that JP wasn't ready and we never should have been 1-3 in the first place.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Do they go if we go w/ JP and don't make playoffs too?

they expected this team to go to the playoffs even w/ JP.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

We all sure thought that JP was ready after game 1...

Hindsight is 20/20... had Holcomb started week 2... you all would have been screaming! You all thought JP was GOD after week 1. Stop acting like YOU knew any better. They made the change at the absolute correct time.

JP looked good in preseason... and looked great in Game 1. Who could have known he would stink up the joint for 3 consecutive weeks after that?

And to think that Bledsoe would have gotten us beyond the first round of the playoffs is fools gold. This line would have gotten bledsoe killed this year.

Sure, I blame TD and MM... but not for starting JP.... I blame them for not putting together a solid offensive line!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

Hindsight is 20/20... had Holcomb started week 2... you all would have been screaming! You all thought JP was GOD after week 1. Stop acting like YOU knew any better. They made the change at the absolute correct time.

JP looked good in preseason... and looked great in Game 1. Who could have known he would stink up the joint for 3 consecutive weeks after that?

And to think that Bledsoe would have gotten us beyond the first round of the playoffs is fools gold. This line would have gotten bledsoe killed this year.

Sure, I blame TD and MM... but not for starting JP.... I blame them for not putting together a solid offensive line!
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Holcomb should have been starting BEFORE week 1. And no, maybe we didn't know any better, but we don't get paid 7 figures to evaluate football talent like Mularkey and Donahoe do. And we didn't have nearly as many opportunities to evaluate him.

They either should have made the change before week 1 and committed to doing everything possible to win, or they shouldn't have made the change at all and committed to developing JP. They're trying to have it both ways. I think the Giants blew a playoff opportunity last year by starting Manning, but at least they had the balls to stick to their stated goals. TD and MM are trying to have it both ways and it's biting them in the ass.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

I respectfully disagree with you. I saw no reason in preseason for JP not to start. Kelly looked marginally better, but that was against 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

Had Kelly blown away teams in the preseason... then maybe that argument holds water... but from what we saw of both QB's against the Defenses each faced... it was a wash... I think both would have been successful week 1.. and I dont think either would have won weeks 2-3. Week 4... that was another story.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

But they get a free pass if we go 2-14 with JP?
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I respectfully disagree with you. I saw no reason in preseason for JP not to start. Kelly looked marginally better, but that was against 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

Had Kelly blown away teams in the preseason... then maybe that argument holds water... but from what we saw of both QB's against the Defenses each faced... it was a wash... I think both would have been successful week 1.. and I dont think either would have won weeks 2-3. Week 4... that was another story.
                        here's the problem- because there was no camp competition and JP was already the starter, Holcomb wasn't given any opportunities to play with the first team offense. Also, JP did some things that I really didn't like in pre-season. If you want to go back and look up my old posts, I got torn apart for saying it too.

Basically, if we could have seen Holcomb play with the first team more, and seen if Losman looked good against second teams, we would have had a better idea of who's actually better going into Week 1. As it stands, TD and MM made a decision with the goal of vindicating TD for mortaging this year's draft on JP instead of on who the best QB is at the moment.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

If we miss the playoffs again then TD needs to start looking for another job because this is just getting pathetic.

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

I'll give you that.

But I was going on the simple fact that going on what WE knew of JP and KH.. they made the right choice.

As for the camp situation... I agree that seeing KH with the first unit may have made a difference.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I'll give you that.

But I was going on the simple fact that going on what WE knew of JP and KH.. they made the right choice.

As for the camp situation... I agree that seeing KH with the first unit may have made a difference.

I'm just frustrated by the fact that MM and TD can't seem to figure out when to admit a mistake and when to stand by their decisions.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X