• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

2005: A season of waste

We aren't going to make the playoffs. This team is not a playoff team, regardless of the QB. JP's growth is getting stunted by not playing, so he'll have to to start over again next season. MM/TD have effectively pushed back our becoming competitive by yet another year.

NOTE: I am not guaranteeing JP is the real deal. I am guaranteeing playing KH is a postponement of finding out, which effectively postpones the team's progress. Meaning, if he is the real deal, he'll be playing well by the end of the year/start of next season. If he is not the real deal, then at least we know what we need to do in the draft/FA in the offseason. But if we don't know which he is, then we have to go through this BS all over again next year and then won't go after our franchise QB until '07.

TD is a joke and needs to go. Egotistical, stubborn, power hungry and maker of bad choices. The more seasons he fails, the more the brilliance of the 90s Steelers falls on Cowher, not TD.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: 2005: A season of waste

Then give up on it.

Pack it in- we will see ya next year!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

stop being so Cynical, if we lose 2 of our next 3 and JP will be in. so lets all root for the jets this weekend, so we can "prepare for our future"

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

I'm gonna start a Donahoe must go chant sunday

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Sitting for 1 to 5 games will not stunt JPs growth. It may even help him.

It was obvouis to almost everyone the kid needed to take a seat on the bench right now. If he continued to play the way he was playing it would do nothing but hurt what little confidence he had left.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Being benched and replaced by a 9 yr career backup isn't going to help his confidence either.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              Then give up on it.

By playing KH we ARE giving up. I wish Holcombites could see that.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                Sitting for 1 to 5 games will not stunt JPs growth. It may even help him.

This is true. It could make him even more hungry to get back on the field. He can't just be given the position, he must earn it...This isnt pop warner football, he's a football player of the NFL, he's gotta stop whinning & be competitive.
                "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  By playing KH we ARE giving up.
                  How?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Being benched and replaced by a 9 yr career backup isn't going to help his confidence either.
                    Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    How?
                    I'ts the Chicken Little Syndroome- the sky is always falling!

What is such the rush? Are you dying of cancer or something? Only 1-2 seasons left to live?

What is the big hurry in getting JP in there? He's a square peg in a round hole right now- stop trying to force it.

If Holcombe is losing- put JP in. You can lose with anyone. But Holcombe won. Ride with it.

If JP will be irrevocably "damaged" by this benching- then he's too big of a pussy to be an NFL quarterback in the first place. Mr Cynical- quit making JP out to be a bigger pussy than he is. He's a man- he better be able to take the good with the bad or get the F out of town.

We won with Holcombe under center- Only if Mr Cynical could see that
                    Last edited by Dozerdog; 10-14-2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

It's not a case of not being able to handle the benching...it's a case of by benching him, we're delaying his development...putting off the inevitable...he's either gonna struggle now or next year or whenever he gets back in there. The only thing that will prevent him from struggling is giving up on him
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

by saying Holcombites do you mean our players? Someone should tell them not to bother playing Sunday because it's a waste.

They have nothing to play for because fans that shared the same opinion that the Chargers were going to finish last place last year said, they aren't gonna go anywhere.

I cheered for Van Pelt even though I knew he wasn't the answer. I was proud to call him a Buffalo bill. He did his best and never gave up. In the last game in Miami when we went 3-13 , I was there and I was proud to be a bills fan. Even finfans gave their props to AVP in that losing cause.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          Then give up on it.

13 and 3, baby!!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Drafting another QB is giving up on him. Signing a young hotshot backup is giving up on him. Having two career journeymen backing him up pretty much indiucates to me that he's going to be here a long time. Hell- we dumped Bledsoe to give this guy a chance- what kind of signal does that send??????

Sitting a guy who is performing worse than Jonathan Quinn of the Bears last year a few games isn't giving up on him

Quit being drama queens about it.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

If you feel that way then this is a great opportunity for you Sunday to root for the Jets. Think of the benefits:

a) if we lose we're that much closer to JP getting back in.
                              b) if we lose we're that much closer to missing the playoffs so you get to say you were right.
                              c) if we lose your "TD must go" threads will get lots of attention.

So get out your "Fireman Ed" hat and start the chant "J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS"

finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X