PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: New D-Line coach

northernbillfan
01-10-2003, 03:31 PM
As reported just moments ago by WNSA-FM The Buffalo Bills have signed new defensive line coach Tim Krumrie, from the Cincinnati Bengals...

Full Story (http://www.wnsafm.com/billsreport.shtml)

We work hard, so you don't have to!

Michael82
01-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Oh sure...I send you the pm when you put it on the board. :rolleyes:

LOL

Great Job, nbf! :up:

RedEyE
01-10-2003, 03:38 PM
oh crummie

Ð
01-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Ack! I still remember when he had his leg broken in the Super Bowl. Still gives me the heebie jeebies :eek:

Novacane
01-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Williams mentioned on WNSA that he has had talks with LeBeau and would like to have him on the staff in some capacity. Those talks will continue next week Williams also stated emphatically that Jerry Gray will be his defensive coordinator next season.

If that is the case than why bring in Lebeau in the first place?

Bulldog
01-10-2003, 03:45 PM
IMO Lebeau will have the title of LB's coach and also asst. head coach. He will have his fingerprints on the defense next year.

Doc
01-10-2003, 06:57 PM
It will be like what the Pats did with Bill Belichick during the 1996 season, i.e. keep the previous DC with the title and add the real DC and give him a position title and assistant head coach.

clumping platelets
01-10-2003, 11:01 PM
LeBeau is a 3-4 DC, I wonder how much of a problem that could be with a predominantly 4-3 scheme

Tatonka
01-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug
Ack! I still remember when he had his leg broken in the Super Bowl. Still gives me the heebie jeebies :eek:

i really dont remember that.. anyone have a link by chance?

Dozerdog
01-10-2003, 11:36 PM
January, 1989- Bengals Niners in what was, until the Bills/Giants- the best SB game to that point.

He was the Phil Hansen of Cincy, but a 49er fell on him awkwardly and broke his leg- not as bad a Theisman, but close. 1st quarter if I remember.

BillC
01-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Made me squeemish!

I almost had to put down the nachos

northernbillfan
01-11-2003, 02:38 AM
:puke:

Not as bad as when the Sabres goalie got the skate to the throat tho.

TypicalBill
01-11-2003, 02:42 AM
nice find nbf :up:

northernbillfan
01-11-2003, 02:50 AM
Thanks TB, but it was a cooperative effort. we all work together here.

don137
01-11-2003, 05:10 AM
I remember Krumrie as a DT for the Bengals. I went to college at U. of Dayton just north of Cincinnati when the Bengals actually had a decent team and went to the super bowl and as a result had to endure watching Bengal games since there was no NFL ticket. Krumrie was the heart and sole of there d-line. I believe he even made the pro bowl a couple times. Does any one know how good of a coach he is though?

Doc
01-11-2003, 01:05 PM
LeBeau isn't married to the 3-4 clump (he's been using the 4-3 in Cincy), and an recent article said that he'd probably stick with the 4-3. As for Krumrie, if he hadn't gotten hurt, the Bengals would have won that SB.

Rebecky
01-11-2003, 03:18 PM
So LeBeau takes over as REAL DC, TD is really running the team --GW and Jerry Gray are just figureheads? RW is a generous man, isn't he?

MissBuffalo
01-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Eugh......I remember that one NBF, Clint Milarchuck. Blood shooting everywhere!!!!

:puke:

DIHARD2
01-12-2003, 02:23 AM
Who has proof that Donohoe is running the team on the field and not G. W. and the hiring of his coaches? Donohoe has the final say just as any manager does, but more so on what each coach gets paid then actually evaluating their talent. But yet he does have the ability to evaluate talent, which helps in the negotiation of what the coach is worth. I see a lot of people here referring to something that no one has proof of. From what I've seen so far this year G. W. has one flaw and that is his ability to make quick decisions during the games. I don't think it's something he's going to be able to learn, but if he puts the right people up in the booths he might be able to compensate for it.

I see the advantage of having Krumrie because of his time spent in the NFL as a coach. But I think LeBeau will be the biggest assets if we get him, because of all the youth that we're going to have on the defense next year.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

mybills
01-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Bengals suck :ontome:

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Krumrie was a 3-4 nose tackle, not a DE like Hansen. He was a very good player.

timfromjersey
01-13-2003, 09:15 AM
I seem to remember that Krumrie broke the leg while making a takle on a running back with his leg whipping around then breaking or it breaking then whipping around. I don't remember if it struck a player or broke on it's own. I do remember, that was the year when the Bengal's qb Ken Anderson had a season completion percentage of over 70%. I don't think Krumrie staying in the game would have assured them the win, though. Their offense didn't do much in that game.