PDA

View Full Version : Clements/McGee Top CB Tandom?

juice
10-16-2005, 09:56 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nate & T. Mac are awesome in run support and McGee has improved vastly since last year in his 1st season as full time starter at CB. Nate is known League wide as a top 3 CB but McGee has become a much more complte cover-corner than the one we saw victomized by Chrebet and the Jets last year.

These guys look like a one of the top CB teams the League has and with their youth both could develope into perrenial Pro-Bowlers for years to come in the NFL.. McGee isn't quite there but his improvement over last year clearly shows his potential.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051016/1015998.asp
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jamze132
10-16-2005, 10:46 AM
I am not sure if they are the BEST in the NFL but we are lucky to have to versitale and quality DBs. They are both ST freaks too!

JefftheBillsfan
10-16-2005, 12:13 PM
maybe not best CBs, but best secondary as a whole? i think so.

YardRat
10-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I think they're right up there. Unfortunately, we're looking at the same scenario we had with Winfield/Clements.

Next year McGee is going to be our #1 corner, so he better improve :)

Mr. Cynical
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Nate yes, but McGee has a weakness - the jump ball. At 5'9", he is at a serious disadvantage. But overall he is definitely very good and his ST work is all pro level.

Tatonka
10-16-2005, 05:27 PM
i think mcgee has looked great.. a few people still ***** about him, but i just dont get it.

Mr. Cynical
10-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm not *****ing...I like him...I just don't know that he makes the "top" CB tandem as this thread asks. I think he is definitely doing a good job and don't have any problems with him starting.

BAM
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Terrence McGee!!

http://www.opendemocracy.net/content/articles/661/images/0346_Hilton_pickle_011002.jpg

72 yard return!

BAM
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
ahh some of that return whiped out by a penalty, but still an INT!

juice
10-17-2005, 12:09 AM
McGee is getting his hands on alot of Picks and he's a threat to go the distance on any QB passing error or misread.

If he continue's to play at this level OCs will have to pick their poison between Nate & T Mac.. what does McGee have 3 picks already?

Demon
10-17-2005, 01:07 AM
I can't agree on the corners, however, Troy Vincent is the best saftey i've ever seen play in a Bills uniform. I love the guy, he is everywhere, always hitting hard, always playing hard, always reads plays well and never quits on plays.

Kerr
10-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't agree on the corners, however, Troy Vincent is the best saftey i've ever seen play in a Bills uniform. I love the guy, he is everywhere, always hitting hard, always playing hard, always reads plays well and never quits on plays.

He's following in Aenas Williams' footsteps.

juice
10-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I can't agree on the corners, however, Troy Vincent is the best saftey i've ever seen play in a Bills uniform. I love the guy, he is everywhere, always hitting hard, always playing hard, always reads plays well and never quits on plays.Troy Vincent is a ball hawk, a safety with CB insticts and coverage ability.. it'll be interesting to see who gets the most picks between TV, NC, and T Mac. McGee will benifit from OCs not wanting to throw in Nate's direction risking picks.

TV and LM compliment each other as well as any pair of Safties in the League, Troy with his ballhawking coverage and Law with his crushing Hits and Blitzing ability.. Milloy may be playing at an All Pro level this year.

Question: the Secondary of the Bills would have to be considered the top unit in the NFL.. can anyone name a better pair of CBs than Nate and McGee? Nate is a freak and McGee is a threat to take any pick to the house.

vicmantak
10-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Next priorities on Bills list:

1. Tag Clements
2. Extend McGee
3. Release or restructure Mike Williams' contract
4. Extend Gandy
5. Draft the best DE available