PDA

View Full Version : Won the game but got &*@&# by the schedule

Tasker
10-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I am all about the fact that the division belongs to us once again.
What this shoul dmean is no mare Patriot games on nationally, no more patriots BS, they need to get media SNUBBED like we do ever week in every media source. The fact is the division leader is us, so for at least one week, maybe the media would like to give the respect that deserves....LIKE INCLUDE BILLS CLIPS ANYWHERE IN THE MEDIA.

But too bad for the plain fact.

This is the hardest Schedule in the Nation Football LEague. PERIOD
Find me one harder....you cant.

No team in the NFL could win a division with this schedule.

Not to mention we had to Play miami after their bye, and now we play new england after theirs.
When the easiest game left on your schedule is home for KC or (4-2)Carolina, you have issues that run deep.

Oct 23 @Oakland 4:15pm
Oct 30 @New England 8:30pm
Week 9 BYE
Nov 13 Kansas City 1:00pm
Nov 20 @San Diego 4:15pm
Nov 27 Carolina 1:00pm
Dec 4 @Miami 1:00pm
Dec 11 New England 1:00pm
Dec 17 Denver 8:30pm
Dec 24 @Cincinnati 1:00pm
Jan 1 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

capitolneal
10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I think Oakland would be easier than KC but ball control we Have a shot

JD
10-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Oct 23 @Oakland 1-4 (1-2 at Home)
Oct 30 @New England 3-3 (1-1 at Home)
Week 9 BYE
Nov 13 Kansas City 3-2 (1-1 on Road)
Nov 20 @San Diego 3-3 (1-2 at Home)
Nov 27 Carolina 4-2 (2-1 on Road)
Dec 4 @Miami 2-3 (2-0 at Home)
Dec 11 New England 3-3 (2-2 on Road)
Dec 17 Denver 5-1 (1-1 on Road)
Dec 24 @Cincinnati 5-1 (2-0 at Home)
Jan 1 @N.Y. Jets 2-4 (2-1 at Home)

ParanoidAndroid
10-16-2005, 08:12 PM
The running games in the AFC West are sick. I don't see us controlling the ball all that much.

The Jets were averaging 67 yards a game until today(149yds).

Our offense is going to have to keep producing like it did today and then some for us to beat those teams. Thankfully, KC and Denver are coming here.

New England is no longer an automatic loss.

We have a chance to sweep Miami and the Jets.

Carolina is going down.

That is one tough schedule, but if Buffalo keeps it up, they still have a shot at the division. A long shot.

TigerJ
10-16-2005, 10:33 PM
It's a real tough schedule, granted. I think Buffalo faces a third team coming off their bye after NE, which I think is terribly unfair of the NFL schedule maker. But Buffalo's biggest issue is their own team right now, specifically run defense. That has to improve dramatically, and soon, or nothing else is really worth talking about.

Dannyboy
10-16-2005, 11:04 PM
The division belongs to us again? Hmmm

Tinboy
10-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Oct 23 @Oakland 4:15pm Win
Oct 30 @New England 8:30pm Loss
Week 9 BYE
Nov 13 Kansas City 1:00pm Win
Nov 20 @San Diego 4:15pm Loss
Nov 27 Carolina 1:00pm Win
Dec 4 @Miami 1:00pm Win
Dec 11 New England 1:00pm Win
Dec 17 Denver 8:30pm Loss
Dec 24 @Cincinnati 1:00pm Loss
Jan 1 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm Win

9-7 division title and a Wild Card, how about it?

Demon
10-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Dec 17 Denver 8:30pm Loss

We can play Shane Matthews at QB this game and we'd still win. The Ralph will be rocking like no other, there's no way we are not winning this football game.

vicmantak
10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Week 7</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> bye</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 10/30</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> Buffalo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 8:30 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Mon 11/7</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> Indianapolis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ind)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 9:00 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 11/13</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> at Miami (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 1:00 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 11/20</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> New Orleans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 1:00 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 11/27</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> at Kansas City (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 1:00 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 12/4</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> NY Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 4:15 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 12/11</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> at Buffalo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 1:00 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sat 12/17</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> Tampa Bay (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/tam)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 1:30 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Mon 12/26</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> at NY Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 9:00 pm</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores noWrap>Sun 1/1</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> Miami (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia)</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap> 1:00 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It seems that Patriots have the same hell of schedule too...

Demon
10-17-2005, 01:55 AM
It seems that Patriots have the same hell of schedule too...

I don't think they can beat KC. Indy is prolly a win, i don't see them NE losing on MNF at home.

New Orleans and Miami need to be spoilers though. And Tampa Bay in foxboro in the cold and snow, i don't see NE losing that either.

We'll need Miami to take 1 of 2 atleast, KC to beat them, and hope Indy beats them and maybe by some mircle we beat them at home??

vicmantak
10-17-2005, 03:03 AM
We'll need Miami to take 1 of 2 atleast, KC to beat them, and hope Indy beats them and maybe by some mircle we beat them at home??
I hope it comes true but I can see Bills beating Patriots on both games for the following reasons:
1. No Bledsoes
2. no future or prospects to develop (Bills are playing to win now)
3. Holcomb and Crowell are steppin up
4. Patriots are depleted by injuries (Dillon the last key one)
5. No Ty Laws or Harrisons
6. A more comfortable Mularkey
7. Paired number weeks (unlucky for Pats)

Tinboy
10-17-2005, 06:20 AM
We can play Shane Matthews at QB this game and we'd still win. The Ralph will be rocking like no other, there's no way we are not winning this football game.

I hope you are right but the way Denver is playing right now it's going to be tough. They have won five games in a row including a game away in Jacksonville. I don't see this one as an easy game.

dannyek71
10-17-2005, 07:00 AM
one game at a time is the only way to play in the NFL. Lets look at every game, and only that game and just try to win each one without looking ahead.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2005, 08:57 AM
In three years the Bills have yet to win a game they shouln't have won. In other words, upset a good team. When they start doing that than I'll believe they have a chance of doing something.

dannyek71
10-17-2005, 09:58 AM
we won 2 division games in a row. Im going to enjoy the wins for now and just look ahead until next week

doomsdayvirus
10-17-2005, 10:00 AM
This is the hardest Schedule in the Nation Football LEague. PERIOD Find me one harder....you cant.

No team in the NFL could win a division with this schedule.

fortunately the rest of our division has basically the same schedule. we just play some different teams in the afc north & south. so there's 2 games that are different.

where new england plays indy & pittsburgh, we play houston & cincinnati. i'd rather have our schedule.

but yeah, the afc east teams have tough schedules this year.

Tasker
10-17-2005, 06:42 PM
fortunately the rest of our division has basically the same schedule. we just play some different teams in the afc north & south. so there's 2 games that are different.

where new england plays indy & pittsburgh, we play houston & cincinnati. i'd rather have our schedule.

but yeah, the afc east teams have tough schedules this year.

BUT they already played most there hard games, we have not.
ALSO, weve had two home conference games, the easy ones.

They all have the same schedule as us somewhat, but they have played the hard part already, we have played our easiest games of the year.

I came back to this cause some joker droppped bad rep, but there are an extreme case of rose colored glasses in here.

I would be proud of a 9-7 wildcard, and I hope we get there.
If our defense comes back to life against the run maybe we will.
But this whole thread fans are calling alot of games ....BILLS WINS.

but even in the ones we plan to win,
we'd be underdogs in almost every game.

AT Oakland (OAK-3)
NE at buffalo (NE-2)
At Miami (miami-4)
At NY Jets (NY-1)
KC at Buffalo (Buffalo-4)
Denver At Bufflo (EVEN)
Carolina at Buffalo (EVEN)

Tasker
10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Just to show a positive side.

If we work our way to 9-7 or 10-6.

We will likely have the tie breaker with these other top wildcard teams
KC
DENVER
Sandiego (not likely)
Jets
Miami
Cinci (will not win the division)

doomsdayvirus
10-18-2005, 10:33 AM
BUT they already played most there hard games, we have not. ALSO, weve had two home conference games, the easy ones.

They all have the same schedule as us somewhat, but they have played the hard part already, we have played our easiest games of the year.

you're right that we definitely have a harder schedule for the rest of the year than new england. my point was just that the schedules are essentially the same. unfortunately we blew most of the "easy" games already, and that's not going to help our chances.

here's the rest of new england's schedule:

Sun 10/30...Buffalo
Mon 11/7....Indianapolis
Sun 11/13...at Miami
Sun 11/20...New Orleans
Sun 11/27...at Kansas City
Sun 12/4....NY Jets
Sun 12/11...at Buffalo
Sat 12/17...Tampa Bay
Mon 12/26...at NY Jets
Sun 1/1.....Miami

how many of those games are they in serious danger of losing? indy, kc, tampa, and maybe a split with buffalo? losing ALL of those games would put them at 9-7.

of course, this is all just speculation, anything can happen between now and the end of december. brady could get injured, belichick might finally lose his mind in check into the pysch ward, aliens could land in the parking lot of the ralph and infuse the bills with super-human strength via, um, probes or something. the way things are going this season in the NFL, nothing would surprise me.