PDA

View Full Version : mcgahee contract

MOULDSROCKS
10-16-2005, 08:13 PM
everyone is talking about clemens contract ect, when is willis' contract up and do you think he will stay here?

Devin
10-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Willis is up in 2007 I believe, and we can franchise him for 2008. But if he has a 1500+ yarder this season Id expect the renegotiate/holdout chatter to begin especially given rosenhaus is his agent.

He will stay here if we pay him.

MTBillsFan
10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
PAY WILLIS!! That's what I'm talking about!

Devin
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
The problem is Nate Clements arguably the best shutdown corner in the league is up after this season. People are talking about it because he will command 50-65 Million similar to Champ Bailey (Clements has better numbers then Champ career wise atm I believe) and its basically a 1 or the other type situation.

clumping platelets
10-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Yep, Willis is signed thru 07. I suspect if he stays healthy all season........Rottencrotch will want to get him a new deal this coming off-season.

Indy Bills Fan
10-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Can we afford both Clements and Willis if he demands more $$$?

clumping platelets
10-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Yes, Bills can make it happen

ArcticWildMan
10-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Do we really need to commit that much to a RB though? To keep Willis we will have to sacrifice other postions. I'd rather we spend money on the lines and make do with somebody like Shaud.

ajsdx
10-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Do we really need to commit that much to a RB though? To keep Willis we will have to sacrifice other postions. I'd rather we spend money on the lines and make do with somebody like Shaud.

I agree. With a good line, you necessarily have a good running game. Cf. Denver. Willis is a beast, but as we've seen this year and last, he is not the type of guy that can make up for a bad line. He'll get shut down for 30 yards on 10 carries again and again if the line isn't there.

jamze132
10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Why don't we just steal Denver's offense and turn any guy into an all-pro RB? We would save money then!

The_Philster
10-17-2005, 04:25 AM
knowing TD's history of not overpaying for players, that's what we'll likely do when the time comes..let him go elsewhere

Stewie
10-17-2005, 07:35 AM
I don't see TD redoing his contract after this year. We should force him to play out his contract, franchise him for two years, and let him walk. We'll have used the best part of his career. And if he *****es about making 9million a year (guessing) as a franchise RB, he's an ass who shouldn't be here anyway.

colin
10-17-2005, 07:46 AM
i don't really want to renegotiate, but willis might just be a top 3 RB in the NFL, and this is with a not quite ready for prime time line for the most part.

if he can carry 25+ times a game he is worth the cash.

The Spaz
10-17-2005, 07:48 AM
You don't know what you got till it's gone...

HHURRICANE
10-17-2005, 08:00 AM
Am I wrong here? Why not franchise Clements and then trade him for whatever we need, including draft picks. As good as Clements is I think he is the kind of player we can trade and make huge improvements to this team. As far as Shauld Williams being a starter that is ridiculous. McGahee is somone you build a team around like Thurman Thomas. He is a keeper. At the end of the day a good offense gets you to the promised land along with a good pass rushing D. We need pass rushers and OL players desperately!!

HHURRICANE
10-17-2005, 08:01 AM
By the way we won yesterday because our offense scored 27 points!!!

DarbyTheDinosaur
10-17-2005, 08:20 AM
The problem is Nate Clements arguably the best shutdown corner in the league is up after this season. People are talking about it because he will command 50-65 Million similar to Champ Bailey (Clements has better numbers then Champ career wise atm I believe) and its basically a 1 or the other type situation.

Please call me on this if I am wrong...but I think Clements has been unimpressive this season...sure the pass D is number 1, but Nate seems to play 15 yard cushions and get beat deep more often this year. McGee has looked far better.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he can re-sign him, but I don't think he is deserving of number 1 CB money...maybe top 10 CB money.

mysticsoto
10-17-2005, 09:58 AM
i don't really want to renegotiate, but willis might just be a top 3 RB in the NFL, and this is with a not quite ready for prime time line for the most part.

if he can carry 25+ times a game he is worth the cash.

That might be too high of a praise for McGahee at this point. Don't get me wrong, he runs great and I do hope we can keep him. But to be considered that high a calibre RB, Willis needs to develop better blocking abilities and become a better receiver also. Willis occasionally drops balls and is horrendous in blocking. That being said, if those things don't improve, we should not pay him top dollars!

Devin
10-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I have to disagree about the line comments, Willis has been making it happen with the crappy lines we have had for two seasons. I cannot imagine what he would do with a great line.

He is a game breaker back who will got a monster contract.

djjimkelly
10-17-2005, 11:15 AM
ive heard the new TV contract money will be taking the salary cap upwards of 100 mil if thats the case we can easily afford both :)

DraftBoy
10-17-2005, 12:26 PM
The salary cap should take a nice leap this offseason so we should be able to afford both. IF given the choice tho, Id take Willis any day.