PDA

View Full Version : Another big run allowed by our Run D...

Kerr
10-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Even though we won, you just can't help but have concern for this consistency from our Defense. From week 2 and forward, the run D has allowed big runs to every rb they've faced. I reckon that the Run D will end up being our demise later on in the season when we're contending for a playoff spot. These big runs are potential momentum shifters, which cannot continue to happen if we are to make a playoff run. If I'm TD, I'm going to make a trade for the biggest sob I can get to clog up running lanes. Sam Adams isn't enough for this defense.

BiLLSRuLE
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
yeah, this run d scares me this year

JefftheBillsfan
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
i think its just a product of us being aggresive, yeah maybe overly aggressive at times. we used to be a bend but not break defense, thats definately not the case any more. we give up big plays like the curtis martin run, but look at all of the big plays they have had the past 2 weeks to help us win. i think our D is better than we are all making it out to be.

DaBills
10-16-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't think this D is that good. IMO, Jerry Gray is being bailed out by some players with enough skillz to mask the real problem. They got saved by the O who ball-controlled and managed to produce today.

We shut teams down on 1st and 2nd, but give up 3rd down conversions. 3rd and 14 today and we let them have another today. Damn!

Martin had what, close to 150 today? Bend-don't break is all I could think of watching it. We have very good CB coverage on deep balls. We have good pressure today on Vinny, but also, who was home if Vinny was more mobile? He would've burned us like any other mobile QB already has. Over pursuit wid eis creating lanes right up the middle for RB's and QBs to run draws on.

Worse though, we suck at covering med-range passes and quick outs. How many times did the CB's layoff 5-7 yards at the line off Jet WRs?

That's the stuff Tom Brady notices and kills us on. Until we fix that, we're hurting and won't get past NE.