PDA

View Full Version : Give credit to those who usually do not get it

G. Host
10-16-2005, 10:01 PM
A number of players were making plays which made the difference NOT just those who usually are praised or excused for depending on whether they did well or poorly.

Denney - that was not just Sam Adams leftovers, Denney made moves and took out Vinny who is a tough old bird.

Posey - covering and rushing the QB

Reed - He was the guy in motion most of the game and was doing a lot of downfield blocking.

The OL - who are finally healthy (aside from Mike Williams playing injured)

And of course Lindell - Aside from one kick out of bounds he was making HIM the story not the Australian import. Now if only LSucks will change his name or go join a Fish board instead.

Mr. Cynical
10-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Agreed.

Marvelous
10-16-2005, 11:20 PM
I've been a Denney supporter for some time.. No LE controversey at all BUT Denney is awesome depth to have.
-He makes the most of his playing time
-a solid run stuffer
-great acceleration to the QB
-never complained about not starting

*I think his contract is coming up & i hope we keep him a DE depth. I noticed he plays on 3rd downs with Kelsay & Schobel. Nice formation imo.....

justasportsfan
10-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Poor Shelton, always get's overlooked

casdhf
10-17-2005, 08:51 AM
he didnt when he dropped that wide open pass

The King
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Josh Reed did do a very good job blocking.

mysticsoto
10-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Poor Shelton, always get's overlooked

I was just about to mention him here! Shelton had some GREAT blocks and if it wasn't for the stupid penalty that he made, and a dropped pass, I'd say he deserves to get the game ball!

justasportsfan
10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
I was just about to mention him here! Shelton had some GREAT blocks and if it wasn't for the stupid penalty that he made, and a dropped pass, I'd say he deserves to get the game ball!everyone made mistakes but for the most part Shelton was a huge factor in Willis' success which was the main reason why we won the game. Running the ball successfully took away the jets' ability to rush the passer.

G. Host
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I did not include Shelton because he usually gets credit and I did not see him on many plays on TV. Usually (mostly last year) he played very well.

Michael82
10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
everyone made mistakes but for the most part Shelton was a huge factor in Willis' success which was the main reason why we won the game. Running the ball successfully took away the jets' ability to rush the passer.
Agreed, but that drop was inexcusable and was the perfect call. :mad:

G. Host
10-17-2005, 11:56 PM
I've been a Denney supporter for some time.. No LE controversey at all BUT Denney is awesome depth to have.
-He makes the most of his playing time
-a solid run stuffer
-great acceleration to the QB
-never complained about not starting
*I think his contract is coming up & i hope we keep him a DE depth. I noticed he plays on 3rd downs with Kelsay & Schobel. Nice formation imo.....

And he plays special teams effectively. A slow starter but solid if not spectacular now.