PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the team, but...

DaBills
10-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Nice job on the win fellas!!!!! TIED-FOR-FIRST-IN-THE-AFC-EAST!!!! WHoo-hooooo!!!

A few things though:

1. Holding penalties by our WRs on plays gotta stop.

2. Killer instinct. Right now, we are a very good 2-QTR team, hold 'em in the third and almost let it slip away by the fourth quarter team. We had them knocked out in the first half and gave them TOO many chances to get back into it. Jerry Gray and bend-don't-break is killing us late.

3. Eric Moulds, please dive FORWARD! 4 freakin times he cut backwards after a reception trying to make something happen, and loses yardage, and at least three first downs by my count.

4. The reverse? Has it ever worked? Can we freakin' retire that play please?

5. Over-committing D. Vinny still has an arm, sure, but is slow as **** and we capitalized thankfully. But Vick showed our D what a mobile D can do when the D over-commits and we leave lanes open up the middle.

6. Our DB's are laying off the WRs too much and allowing to many intermediate passes. QBs like Brady will continue to kill us if we give them scenarios like that.

7. Do not give up on the run in the red zone. We drove almost 50 yards at one point to the red zone and started throwing? (We wised up later but why not run until they stop you?

This win is as much a change in gameplan as QB. We ran WM far more and earlier in the game than we had previously. That's good, but why didn't MM do that with JP? KH blew it when he got away from depending on WM and went three-and-out by passing. That's what got JP into trouble.

8. More screens. We ran more screens and quick slants and that's what WILL work. We need to keep doing it and not get greedy with bombs. Pound the ball, maybe go deep later.

9. Pick a QB and stick with him. Name one successful team that flip-flopped back and forth between two QBs in one year. It does nothing but create problems. Start or get rid of JP.

Joey Harrington and David Carr haven't learned by now after 3-4 years IN the game and not on the bench, how is JP on the bench helping HIM learn the game? Switching to KH this early has messed things up for JP and I predict he won't be the same. Especially if the team keeps winning and we stick with KH, realistically there's no place for JP here.

Lexwhat
10-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Nice job on the win fellas!!!!! TIED-FOR-FIRST-IN-THE-AFC-EAST!!!! WHoo-hooooo!!!

A few things though:

3. Eric Moulds, please dive FORWARD! 4 freakin times he cut backwards after a reception trying to make something happen, and loses yardage, and at least three first downs by my count.

I agree with most of the points you made. However, are we watching the same Eric Moulds? I saw him make several cuts today backwards that helped him pick up first downs. I counted 3 times today that Ty Law fell to the ground and missed Moulds as a result of Moulds's cutting and shifting (one was the touchdown). Moulds is playing hard, and maybe hes not as good with yards-after-catch as he used to be, but he made some nice plays.

But yes, nice job on the win!

Tinboy
10-17-2005, 12:59 AM
This win is as much a change in gameplan as QB. We ran WM far more and earlier in the game than we had previously. That's good, but why didn't MM do that with JP? KH blew it when he got away from depending on WM and went three-and-out by passing. That's what got JP into trouble.

The way I see it KH is a more consistent passer then JP so WMG can run the ball more. Strange but true.

vicmantak
10-17-2005, 03:15 AM
The defense still needs a lot of team work to be contenders:

Tackle assists on the last 3 games:

Jets: 30, 25, 30
Bills: 19, 19, 13

DaBills
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
I agree with most of the points you made. However, are we watching the same Eric Moulds? I saw him make several cuts today backwards that helped him pick up first downs.

I'm only referring to those plays where he tried that move and it didn't work. I think there were one time I saw where he did it and it worked, but more times than not, it didn't. I know he's trying to make something happen, but go north and south once and a while man!

;-p

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM

Pick a QB and stick with him. Name one successful team that flip-flopped back and forth between two QBs in one year. It does nothing but create problems. Start or get rid of JP.

Joey Harrington and David Carr haven't learned by now after 3-4 years IN the game and not on the bench, how is JP on the bench helping HIM learn the game? Switching to KH this early has messed things up for JP and I predict he won't be the same. Especially if the team keeps winning and we stick with KH, realistically there's no place for JP here.

I couldn't agree more.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
How has playing 3-4 years helped Carr and Harrington? It hasn't. They both SUCK and are BUSTS.

DaBills
10-17-2005, 11:42 AM
How has playing 3-4 years helped Carr and Harrington? It hasn't. They both SUCK and are BUSTS.

I agree. It hasn't. Why Houston hasn't pulled the plug on that experiment or at least built a solid OL is beyond me. Harrington at least got some help in the WR department, but I doubt it'll help.

Mr. Cynical
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM

Or is it that Houston and Detroit just suck so bad that even Montana or Elway would suck at QB?

I don't know which one is the answer, but at least they gave them a chance.

MikeInRoch
10-17-2005, 11:59 AM
4. The reverse? Has it ever worked? Can we freakin' retire that play please?

As far as I know, we haven't run an actual reverse yet this season. Plays where the QB fakes to the back one way and then hands off to the WR coming around are not revereses, despite what most of the announcers think. That is an 'end around'. If the RB is the one who takes the handoff, and then gives it to the receivers, THAT is a reverse.