PDA

View Full Version : Offensive line dominates Jets

The_Philster
10-17-2005, 04:35 AM
There was potential for this one to be a mismatch, and it was.

The thing is, no one had it figured that Buffalo's oft-maligned offensive line would dominate New York's talented defensive line the way it did on Sunday.
The consensus was that the Jets front four led by John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Dewayne Robertson was going to overwhelm Buffalo's perennially underachieving offensive line.
Instead, the Jets were about as active as a blocking sled, and you know what offensive linemen do to blocking sleds: They push them down the field. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051017/SPORTS0106/510170335/-1/COLUMNS)

Michael82
10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Good article. Mike Gandy did an excellent job blocking stud John Abraham. :bf1:

And the return of Mike Williams definitely helped McGahee out too. :up:

CuseJetsFan83
10-17-2005, 07:16 PM
yup, and from my nosebleed seats i could see them doing protection in the LB corps of the jets as well.... oh well, hats off to the first place bills

Cntrygal
10-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the props Cuse. :up:

vicmantak
10-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the article. It's really a good read.
Stop John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Dewayne Robertson is a very big task to achieve and it might be recognized by us.
The next task is stop Ted Washington and Warren Sapp...

Tinboy
10-18-2005, 05:05 AM
Good find! I think the O-line has take an amount of unfair crap (although they have played bad in some games). I'm looking forward to the next game.

CuseJetsFan83
10-18-2005, 05:39 AM
if i were the bills though, i would surely try to fix that defensive problem with the run.... there should have been no way that curtis had 100+ yards rushing, albeit most of it were on those 2 very long runs

and lamont jordan is a much more powerful runner.

what amazes me is that they ran pretty well even with mawae out. but that could explain big sammy pouncing on vinny like a steak.