• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Mike Williams new name....

Should be Pussyfoot.

Thats all he did on Sunday. Just danced around the pocket. Sure he bumped a few guys but when your as big as he is there is no excuse.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Mike Williams new name....

Looked to me like he was was not 100%, seemed to be favoring one leg.

Comment

• colin
      Drew's my hero!
      • Jul 2002

he had some absolutely crushing run blocks, and after one bad play smothered the right hand side of the Jets pass rush.

i'll take that every week.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

So him blocking his guys effectively is not enough for you?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
          Should be Pussyfoot.

Thats all he did on Sunday. Just danced around the pocket. Sure he bumped a few guys but when your as big as he is there is no excuse.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Should be Pussyfoot.

Hmmm. I thought he looked a lot better than Jerman. IMO I think he made a huge difference out there. I was actually pretty impressed. Gandy is the one that is starting to worry me. He is very mediocre.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Funny how all of McGahee's good runs we're to his right? Wonder who plays RT...

Comment

• vicmantak
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                Looked to me like he was was not 100%, seemed to be favoring one leg.
                Maybe but what is the reason that make me think that he was not 100% from many years ago...

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  Funny how all of McGahee's good runs we're to his right? Wonder who plays RT...
                  Not sure...but he wore #68
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

He looked better in run blocking than pass blocking, but the line as a whole was better all around. Gotta build on the strengths and strive to improve weaknesses...

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                      He looked better in run blocking than pass blocking, but the line as a whole was better all around. Gotta build on the strengths and strive to improve weaknesses...
                      The line looked better because it was the first time since the first game of the season that the starters all started and finished the game together. They all did a great job today. Imagine how well they play when Villareal and Williams are actually healthy!

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

I think a lot of you are giving MW more credit than he deserves almost all of McGahees runs were after first contact. Credit goes to the runner in those situations. McGahee actually broke out of a few piles too. I was paying close attention to MW I just dont think he is all that strong.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

I think a lot of you are giving MW more credit than he deserves almost all of McGahees runs were after first contact. Credit goes to the runner in those situations. McGahee actually broke out of a few piles too. I was paying close attention to MW I just dont think he is all that strong.
                          Be that as it may, MW is an order of magnitude better than Jerman, and I rather have him there any day! I thought he did some good run blocks. Keep in mind that the entire Oline was facing a top Dline - maybe one of the best in the NFL! For that reason, I don't even fault Gandy who had 2 penalties. Considering who they were facing, I thought they did fantastic! I expected Holcomb to be on the floor and maybe even leaving the game hurt and JP coming in. To my pleasant surprise, the line outperformed the Dline and I am still in shock!

Comment

• Spiderweb
                            ....formerly OhBF
                            • Sep 2003

You might wish to review tape of the game. Outside of the one breakdown he had on Ellis (sack), and despite a gimpy ankle that is going to bother him for a while, Williams did a very good job overall. As well as McGahee played, the first contact wasn't a 270-300 pound defensive lineman, and often it wasn't even a LB. A number of those "first contact" runs where McGahee made extra yards were initiated by DB's, and that's about all you can ask for from the OL. I'll take Williams over anyone else on our roster at RT any day of the week and over most of the "other" RT's in the league, when healthy.

Nope, the return of Williams was a pleasant event, even if he wasn't 100%. Personally, I enjoyed the fact that the Bills and McGahee were able to run to the right side very effectively and a large part of that was Williams.
                            Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                            own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

i gotta disagree.

i have the game TIVO'd, some of the runs to the outside had williams just remove his man from the play entirely.

i was worried mike would get his ass handed to him all game after that one terrible sack he let up early, but for our line as a group to manhandle a great jets line (their DT was D player of the week against Tampa, and a 4th overall pick himself) makes me a lot happier about what we have.

you'll notice that holcomb rushed passes a couple of times even tho he had time, that tells you how much our protection has improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X