PDA

View Full Version : Martin displays his greatness

The_Philster
10-17-2005, 08:21 AM
He's often overlooked when discussions turn toward the greatest running backs in the history of the National Football League. Jim Brown set the standard. Emmitt Smith rushed for the most yards. Walter Payton? Sweetness. Barry Sanders could make the argument that nobody was better.
Curtis Martin? For some reason, that's where people draw the line. Martin proved Sunday that he still has the same elusiveness, the same speed that carried him to fourth place on the NFL's list of all-time leading rushers and had made him a consistent, dependable back for 11 seasons. He gained 148 yards on 18 carries and scored a touchdown as the lone bright spot for the New York Jets in a 27-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051017/1015791.asp)
http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/10/17/1017jetsider.jpg

17a_tailgater
10-17-2005, 08:57 AM
curtis is one of the best running backs ever! thanks for the props.

Demon
10-17-2005, 09:02 AM
It was hard for him to display his greatness, against our weak rush defense. Every running back runs crazy on us. I am really afriad of what Holmes/Johnson will do to us in a months time.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Just when you think the guy is done, he comes back with a huge game. Longevity is something that is often overlooked in the NFL. It doesn't seem to matter for much anymore, which sort of sucks because you rarely see RB's produce year in and year out like Curtis Martin has. I've always liked the guy, he's not a loud-mouth ass. He's more of a throw-back RB, in an egotistical era.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2005, 09:04 AM
It was hard for him to display his greatness, against our weak rush defense. Every running back runs crazy on us. I am really afriad of what Holmes/Johnson will do to us in a months time.

Domanick Davis, Warrick Dunn, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Curtis Martin, Deuce McCallister.

Those are the RBs that the Bills have faced so far this season. All pro bowl caliber. The real test will be this week against Lamont Jordan, a NY Jets cast off.

Demon
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Domanick Davis, Warrick Dunn, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Curtis Martin, Deuce McCallister.

Those are the RBs that the Bills have faced so far this season. All pro bowl caliber. The real test will be this week against Lamont Jordan, a NY Jets cast off.

I know what you're saying, but everytime a "big name" comes here doesn't mean we can allow him to get 130 yards, which seems to be the norm around here. I know we've played some of the best, but stopping one of them, maybe two, and it'd be a different game. Even if Williams didn't run for the yards he did, Tampa would still beat us.

All i am saying is, if we want to be serious about the playoffs, there has to come a game were we've above the average defense, and contain the star RB and give our club a much greater chance of winning.

17a_tailgater
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Oct 23 @Oakland 4:15pm -lamont jordan
Oct 30 @New England 8:30pm -corey dillon
Week 9 BYE
Nov 13 Kansas City 1:00pm -priest/lj
Nov 20 @San Diego 4:15pm -LT
Nov 27 Carolina 1:00pm- stephan davis
Dec 4 @Miami 1:00pm -ronnie brown
Dec 11 New England 1:00pm -dillon
Dec 17 Denver 8:30pm -bell/anderson
Dec 24 @Cincinnati 1:00pm -rudi johnson
Jan 1 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm-martin

so where are you not playing a pro bowl type runner??? denver maybe but look at the system they have in denver.

The_Philster
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Coming off the field, you could tell he was dejected about the loss, but he still took the time to stop and toss some gloves up to some Bills fans next to the tunnel

Iehoshua
10-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Martin shredded the Bill D. He's definitely still got it. :up: