PDA

View Full Version : What have we seen so far.....

justasportsfan
10-17-2005, 08:25 AM
This team is far from good but I'll take it.

I can only hope JP is learning by watching Holcomb. So far in his 1st 4 games JP was playing like his predecessor Drew. Holding on to the ball and waiting for a wr to get open instead of trusting them to make plays. Even Brady threw to rookies last year all the way to the sb.

Holcomb-spreading the love.

He threw to 7 different players and would've had better stats if we didn't commit so much penalties. KH problem? He's not as accurate downfield but on the bright side, he's awsome at short passes. Other than Shelton, I don't remember any of his targets dropping a pass. He's made bad throws like those INT's but if there's anything JP could learn from that is not to lose composure. KH did a swell job bouncing back from those mistakes. KH had enough compodure even when the pocket collapsed to get rid of the ball or dump it off to Moulds or a TE instead of just taking off. Drew would've folded too.

OL-

welcome to last year. It took time for our OL to get it going just like last year. Our line is built to run the ball and we did it very well. Our Pass protection was so-so but it was better than I've ever seen them all year.

Coaching-

it's a good thing Clements didn't try to play conservative in the 2nd half. We finally scored a TD in the 2nd half. Hopefully it get's better as KH get's to become more familiar w/ his wr's .

ST-
Bobby April has got to be the leading candidate again for best ST coach of the year. Who would've thought that Lindell would be the most consistent player on this team. I didn't

Willis-

nuff said. Best player on the field. We should utilize him more in the passing game. Great job by Shaud Williams in a relief effort.

D-

they bent but didn't break .Our passing game get's burned every now and then but makes enough plays to come back and seal the deal. This is what I meant by having a pass rush from our DE without having to blitz. It's DE's plays like what Denney did by penetrating for back to back sacks, that had the jets -8 in passing yards by the late 1st qtr or early 2nd qtr. (?) .

I miss Pat Williams. If it wasn't for our D getting killed by huge gains by Martin (and penalties) , we could've ended the game by the 3rd qtr and JP could've seen some action.

Crowell- this is why you never give up on your players. You'll never know who's gonna step up and become a future starter when you give them your vote of confidence. He even had the sense to hand the ball to Vincent to continue to run back the INT.

Now it's time to see what our team can do playing away games.

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Great points, excellent post!!!

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Very good observations. I don't think JP looks like Drew though. I think JP wasn't patient enough. The poise will come with time--hopefully.