PDA

View Full Version : Bills look impressive in win over the Jets

The_Philster
10-17-2005, 10:40 AM
In an important divisional matchup, the Buffalo Bills upended the New York Jets 27-17 in front of a sold-out crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium. During the week, the focus of this game centered around the two starting quarterbacks, Kelly Holcomb of the Bills, and Vinny Testaverde of the Jets. Holcomb looked poised as he completed 18 of his 26 pass attempts for 172 yards and 2 touchdowns. He did throw 2 interceptions but looked solid throughout. As for Testaverde, he did not enjoy the same fortune as his counterpart. The 41-year old completed just 12 of 26 passes for 161 yards and 2 interceptions. He also lost a fumble on a mishandled snap in the fourth quarter. However, he did manage to find the end zone once on a quarterback keeper from the Bills' goal line. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-recap171005.php)

Typ0
10-17-2005, 02:17 PM
myself...I wasn't that impressed. I would have been impressed had we put the game away when we should have. The JETS are struggling and we let them stay in the game. No way do we beat a team that is playing well with the way we played yesterday. We have improved the last couple weeks...but we have a long way to go and only a short time to get there.

HotRod
10-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Typ0, I agree and disagree.

I was impressed that the Bills actually showed improvement. They did manage to finally score during the second half (yea!). They acted like they came to play football for almost the entire game.

I do agree that they should have put the Jets away instead of allowing them to stay in the game. We should have been able to watch Losman play clean up for the most of the 4th quarter.