Anybody else hear the warning alarms going off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Anybody else hear the warning alarms going off?

With Holcomb at the helm?

you should be.

14 points that kept the Jets in the game were directly from his Int's.

Again we showed a second half O slump.

Both the fins and Jets were FAR from power house teams. As I said many times now, Holcomb is not a superbowl caliper QB. Yesterday he started to show the type of stuff that will kill our hopes for this year. It was a disturbing thing to see, both those throws were horrendous. Is it a trend or just one bad game? I dont know.

I still want Holcomb as our starter fro one reason and one reason only that has ZERO to do with his level of talent. The rest of the teams actually shows up when he starts!

I will tell you what though, Holcomb isnt our SB QB, and he may turn out not to be even our playoff QB. Then what the hell was the point, I hope it doesnt go that way but 2 picks, for 2 TD's against the lowly Jets that kept them in the game is pretty damn disturbing. There was ONE reason to put Holcomb in, that was if starting him means we go to the playoffs. If it turns out we dont go, MM should be fired, and Eric should be cut. Would you be happy with yet another wasted season when Holcomb was supposed to be our answer?

Like I said, the team is winning and that is ALL that matters, but there is plenty to worry about and we have yet to play a tough team with Holcomb at the helm. Lets hope our decision pays off.

• Jersey1031
    • Feb 2003

Re: Anybody else hear the warning alarms going off?

Originally posted by jp-era
    With Holcomb at the helm?

you should be.

14 points that kept the Jets in the game were directly from his Int's.

Again we showed a second half O slump.

Both the fins and Jets were FAR from power house teams. As I said many times now, Holcomb is not a superbowl caliper QB. Yesterday he started to show the type of stuff that will kill our hopes for this year. It was a disturbing thing to see, both those throws were horrendous. Is it a trend or just one bad game? I dont know.

I still want Holcomb as our starter fro one reason and one reason only that has ZERO to do with his level of talent. The rest of the teams actually shows up when he starts!

I will tell you what though, Holcomb isnt our SB QB, and he may turn out not to be even our playoff QB. Then what the hell was the point, I hope it doesnt go that way but 2 picks, for 2 TD's against the lowly Jets that kept them in the game is pretty damn disturbing. There was ONE reason to put Holcomb in, that was if starting him means we go to the playoffs. If it turns out we dont go, MM should be fired, and Eric should be cut. Would you be happy with yet another wasted season when Holcomb was supposed to be our answer?

Like I said, the team is winning and that is ALL that matters, but there is plenty to worry about and we have yet to play a tough team with Holcomb at the helm. Lets hope our decision pays off.

One of those td's was because our D let 1 of 2 40+ yd gains by martin, which let the jets continue to drive...those two big runs hurt...
    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Agreed, and I put the blame for this squarely on MM's shoulders. He should be able to motivate his players to play no matter who is at QB. More and more I think MM is not a very good coach. Wathing him on the sidelines I keep thinking he just needs a beer and a hot dog in his hands....he is almost like a spectator.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

You're right! Holcomb missed that ****ing tackle on C-Martian. He should've made that damn him!

Some of you guys are pathetic.. LOL.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I just love how Bills fans rush to the message boards to point out all the players that suck, have problems, or need to be scrutinized.

We won, end of story.

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BAM
            You're right! Holcomb missed that ****ing tackle on C-Martian. He should've made that damn him!

Agreed.

How can anyone diss Holcomb is beyond me. Losman would never score on the first drive. And Losman would never get the big plays on 3rd downs, what was Losman's 3rd down %? I'm sure it's beyond awful.

Holcomb isn't the anwser for the future but he is good enough to take us to the playoffs, but it is a team sport. Sure he made mistakes last game, but theres more reasons to him starting then just "players actually show up" when he plays BS.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BAM
              You're right! Holcomb missed that ****ing tackle on C-Martian.
              I didn't realize the Jets had an alien playing for them.

Comment

• McGahee420
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                I just love how Bills fans rush to the message boards to point out all the players that suck, have problems, or need to be scrutinized.

We won, end of story.
                Seriously, a Win is a Win. Holcomb may of had two INTs, but he responded right after with scoring drives. I guess that doesnt matter though.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Gotta take the good with the bad, the bad with the good. He made a lot of good throws that JP can't make right now.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BAM

It is a WELL known fact that turnovers equal losses. Thats all Im saying. You simply cant afford to make bad throws like that that become int's and expect to win.

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Demon
                      Agreed.

How can anyone diss Holcomb is beyond me. Losman would never score on the first drive. And Losman would never get the big plays on 3rd downs, what was Losman's 3rd down %? I'm sure it's beyond awful.

Holcomb isn't the anwser for the future but he is good enough to take us to the playoffs, but it is a team sport. Sure he made mistakes last game, but theres more reasons to him starting then just "players actually show up" when he plays BS.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

uote=McGahee420]Seriously, a Win is a Win. Holcomb may of had two INTs, but he responded right after with scoring drives. I guess that doesnt matter though.[/quote]

Your 300% right and as I said, Holcomb should continue to start.

But based on those 2 very bad throws against the clowny Jets, I wouldnt put the short leash on him yet, but I would have it in my hand and ready to go.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by McGahee420
                          Seriously, a Win is a Win. Holcomb may of had two INTs, but he responded right after with scoring drives. I guess that doesnt matter though.

Delhome threw 3 picks, 2 directly for tds, but they won!! no big deal, a wins a win, thats what his job is. To get us a win...
                          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

uote=McGahee420]Seriously, a Win is a Win. Holcomb may of had two INTs, but he responded right after with scoring drives. I guess that doesnt matter though.
                            Your 300% right and as I said, Holcomb should continue to start.

But based on those 2 very bad throws against the clowny Jets, I wouldnt put the short leash on him yet, but I would have it in my hand and ready to go.

Then WTF are you saying..... bring in Shane Matthews? Bring back Travis Brown?

Dude Holcomb is the best we got and everyone (almost) in that stadium believes every Sunday we can win, Holcomb gives us a chance to win, because he won't make mistakes, he will make some key passes and will let us stay in every game and if the defense does what they can do, we can win. With Losman, you're just paying tons of money to look at a guy who is just developing with no hopes of winning.

And like you said, what if we miss the playoffs, then what kind of waste would this be?

I guess it's true, but what if we start Losman all this season and all next season and he turns into a bust? Have fun explaining to your 45,000 season ticket holders that we have atleast 3 more years to re-build before thinking about the playoffs.

Take a deep breath man and realize, Holcomb or Losman, their still wearing a Bills jersey.
                            Last edited by Demon; 10-17-2005, 12:23 PM.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

What a ridiculous thread. The D gave up 17 points, one of which the Jets started on the ONE YARD LINE. The offense came up with big scoring drives to answer the Jets at both the end of the second half, and after the Jets cut the deficit to 24-17. They also had a nice 83 yard drive for a TD after McGee picked off a Vinny pass at the 17 yard line. I thought the Bills dominated this game from the line of scrimmage on, and except for 2 long Martin rushing plays, the D dominated as well. Over-pursuit is something that can be fixed, so don't worry too much. Enjoy a win for crying out loud.

Comment

Working...
                              X