PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice that we'd have 3 DEs in on 3rd down?

pintonick96
10-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Me and Brandon kept noticing that one 3rd downs that Kelsay would slide down to DT and the Bills would have Schobel and Denney at DE. I liked the move, seeing how Denney got 2 sacks yesterday.

Discuss.

The_Philster
10-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Nothing that new...they used to slide Hansen inside to help form a 4-man front with BRUCE, Washington, and someone like Jeffcoat or Wiley taking over at LE

DraftBoy
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Im still worried about our DE's. Denney had a good game yesterday but as a whole unit they are not getting enough pressure on the QB, that may be some bc of the loss of Pat, but personally Id like to see us pickup a pure pass rushing DE.

Crisis
10-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Im still worried about our DE's. Denney had a good game yesterday but as a whole unit they are not getting enough pressure on the QB, that may be some bc of the loss of Pat, but personally Id like to see us pickup a pure pass rushing DE.

Schobel is a "pure pass rushing" DE. And he's way too inconsistent, and gets eaten up in the run game.

We need some DEs that can stop the run. Our secondary can make up for our blitz packages.

DraftBoy
10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Schobel is a "pure pass rushing" DE. And he's way too inconsistent, and gets eaten up in the run game.

We need some DEs that can stop the run. Our secondary can make up for our blitz packages.

There is no way on this earth I would consider Schobel to be a pure pass rushing DE. I was thinking more along the lines of a Freeney or Peppers type player.