PDA

View Full Version : Just be glad that Tom Benson is not our owner...

Michael82
10-17-2005, 08:10 PM
It looks like New Orleans is going to lose their team after this season and it will be for good. Another scumbag owner like Al Davis, and Jim Irsay gets his way. :ill:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2194464

Michael82
10-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Ya gotta feel for these fans. :(

http://whodatzone.com/forum/index.php?showforum=2

Devin
10-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Tom Benson is a piece of garbage, this whole city hates him.

Hes alays been one of the cheapest, dirtiest, corrupt owners in the NFL. I hope that 78 year old turd bites it in the owners box.

The mayor of San Antonio should follow close behind.

OpIv37
10-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I could see the NFL pulling a Cleveland- give the Saints to SA, then in 2 or 3 seasons give NO a team back (once they have a stadium and some people).

RedEyE
10-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Under the circumstances it seems some what necessary. It's going to take several years for New Orleans to come even close to functioning as its former self. My guess is probably close to a decade. Maybe longer if Wilma takes a turn in the right direction.

I think Op is right. Once everything settles, the NFL will give New Orleans another opportunity.

Devin
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Well he will use he Hurricane as an excuse but Benson has been threatning this for years.

Jersey1031
10-17-2005, 10:17 PM
I could see the NFL pulling a Cleveland- give the Saints to SA, then in 2 or 3 seasons give NO a team back (once they have a stadium and some people).

I'd seriously doubt that. The NFL is perfect right now, 4 teams in each of the 8 divisions, for an even 32 teams. A 33rd team would just screw things up too much (scheduling and what not)...Not exactly saying NO doesnt deserve one, but this is a reason maybe why they wouldnt get one.

imbondz
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
It looks like New Orleans is going to lose their team after this season and it will be for good. Another scumbag owner like Al Davis, and Jim Irsay gets his way. :ill:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2194464

not many football teams lose their city to a flood. I don't see any comparison at all.

RedEyE
10-17-2005, 10:21 PM
New orleans is a great place for a NFL team. The party atmosphere and the coast line certainly helps things.

I'd also like to see a team in Las Vegas. I would fly out to see the Bills take on the Vegas team in a heart beat. It would be a great retreat for fans.

And if they built a dome, I can guarantee they would host a Super Bowl.

It would also be cool if they put slot machines above every urinal.

Typ0
10-17-2005, 10:31 PM
If New Orleans was commited to having this team they should have plans in place for a new stadium. This has nothing to do with the Hurricane it's got to do with the fact that the Saints have been playing in one of the worst Venues in the country for years. The Superdomes time had come and gone ten years ago.

Michael82
10-18-2005, 09:08 AM
If New Orleans was commited to having this team they should have plans in place for a new stadium. This has nothing to do with the Hurricane it's got to do with the fact that the Saints have been playing in one of the worst Venues in the country for years. The Superdomes time had come and gone ten years ago.
That's exactly my thoughts. Tom Benson has been trying to get a new stadium for years and the state and city have dragged their feet in it. Even without the hurricane, this was bound to happen someday.

Captain gameboy
10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Totally agree. The handwriting was on the wall far before any storm.

Devin
10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Benson has been trying to move the Saints for 10 years, The Superdome is still host to the Superbowl, NCAA National Championship game as well as a host of other events.

Benson has personal ties in San Antonio. This storm was an excuse, not a reason.

Dont get it twisted, this guy is a piece of trash. The very mand responsible for getting him a 186 Million dollar deal from LA state government was fired because of his public criticism about Benson turning his back on the state and people of LA.

HAMMER
10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
New orleans is a great place for a NFL team. The party atmosphere and the coast line certainly helps things.

I'd also like to see a team in Las Vegas. I would fly out to see the Bills take on the Vegas team in a heart beat. It would be a great retreat for fans.

And if they built a dome, I can guarantee they would host a Super Bowl.

It would also be cool if they put slot machines above every urinal.

You will probably never see a team in Vegas. Tagliabue addressed that question once, very succinctly, NO!

Stewie
10-18-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm obviously in the minority with this viewpoint, but...

It's his team. More to the point, it's his business. The only fans he owes anything to are the ones who paid for tickets this year. I believe that situation is addressed. If his contracts with NO, LA, and/or the NFL allow him to move his team, then that's too bad for saints fans. He should do what he wants with it.

Michael82
10-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm obviously in the minority with this viewpoint, but...

It's his team. More to the point, it's his business. The only fans he owes anything to are the ones who paid for tickets this year. I believe that situation is addressed. If his contracts with NO, LA, and/or the NFL allow him to move his team, then that's too bad for saints fans. He should do what he wants with it.
hope u dont feel that way when the shoe is on the other foot with it being Ralph's daughters and the Bills :ill:

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2005, 12:39 PM
That's exactly my thoughts. Tom Benson has been trying to get a new stadium for years and the state and city have dragged their feet in it. Even without the hurricane, this was bound to happen someday.
Man you flip-flop more than John Kerry.

Michael82
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Man you flip-flop more than John Kerry.
What do you mean? I still say he's a scum bag for doing it. Just that i'm not surprised that it's happening. :::

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
:::

Stewie
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
hope u dont feel that way when the shoe is on the other foot with it being Ralph's daughters and the Bills :ill:

If no one steps up to buy the team from the wilson family, and they want to move it, I won't like it. But I wont pretend they have an obligation to wny.