PDA

View Full Version : ROSCOE UPDATE!!

Mitchy moo
10-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I think the raiders are going to meet Roscoe:

Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish may finally make his regular-season debut on Sunday in Oakland. Mularkey thought about activating Parrish for the Jets game, but decided it was best to wait another week. Parrish has been out since breaking his wrist in training camp. "I think we had higher hopes earlier in the week," Mularkey said of Parrish's availability agaisnt the Jets. "But then I really started thinking that this is the first time he's caught passes and punts in really eight weeks. We haven't tested him being hit, we haven't tested him if he falls on the ground. I just felt let's wait a week and see if next week is a better week and maybe test some of those other things out."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051018/1054105.asp?tbd1054105.asp

mysticsoto
10-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Personally, I think they should wait until the NE game to bring Parrish out. Oakland doesn't have a great defense and we might be fine with Reed. If the line does their job in blocking, we should be able to score pretty well against Oakland - the question is, can we keep up with their scoring? Or can our D put a stop to their high potent offense...

Having Parrish come in against NE might through a chink into the machinery and disrupt Belicheck's plans against us. Remember that they are coming off a bye (like Miami) so the less they have to go on with how Parrish might play and what he might do, the less ready they will be for him.

That being said, Parrish isn't going to change our game play tremendously - he's just another outlet - that may be available from time to time. The line still needs to perform like they did against the Jets for us to be able to do anything!

justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 08:21 AM
His first play will be a reverse

mysticsoto
10-18-2005, 08:56 AM
His first play will be a reverse

His 1st play will probably be a punt return. Personally, once he gets in, I think Mularkey should always place him and McGee in the backfield for Punts and kickoffs. The other team will have no choice but to try and kick it into the endzone and hope the ball makes it.

justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 09:04 AM
His 1st play will probably be a punt return. Personally, once he gets in, I think Mularkey should always place him and McGee in the backfield for Punts and kickoffs. The other team will have no choice but to try and kick it into the endzone and hope the ball makes it.I have a problem w/ McGee dancing around during a kickoff. He's bound to get a huge hit and after him, we have Eric King. I would like to see what Roscoe can do returning kickoffs this year.

mysticsoto
10-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I have a problem w/ McGee dancing around during a kickoff. He's bound to get a huge hit and after him, we have Eric King. I would like to see what Roscoe can do returning kickoffs this year.

McGee has earned my respect as a returner -and as far as I'm concerned, he can do whatever he wants when returning. He has shown he knows what he is doing! Roscoe I am hopeful of, but I worry that he may be like Jonathan Smith who will cough up the ball with a really hard jolt b'cse they are so small. I hope I am wrong, but time will tell.

Kerr
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Personally, I think they should wait until the NE game to bring Parrish out. Oakland doesn't have a great defense and we might be fine with Reed. If the line does their job in blocking, we should be able to score pretty well against Oakland - the question is, can we keep up with their scoring? Or can our D put a stop to their high potent offense...

Having Parrish come in against NE might through a chink into the machinery and disrupt Belicheck's plans against us. Remember that they are coming off a bye (like Miami) so the less they have to go on with how Parrish might play and what he might do, the less ready they will be for him.

That being said, Parrish isn't going to change our game play tremendously - he's just another outlet - that may be available from time to time. The line still needs to perform like they did against the Jets for us to be able to do anything!

I really like your idea of saving him up until we play NE. This way belichek can't gameplan for parrish. Our secret weapon for that game.

BidsJr
10-18-2005, 01:23 PM
I really like your idea of saving him up until we play NE. This way belichek can't gameplan for parrish. Our secret weapon for that game.

He's a rookie reciever who has never played an official NFL down.

He is no secret weapon.

camelcowboy
10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I have a problem w/ McGee dancing around during a kickoff. He's bound to get a huge hit and after him, we have Eric King. I would like to see what Roscoe can do returning kickoffs this year.

I fine with Mcgee returning kicks. He has a talent at running in traffic. We should use it, This team needs all the advantages we can get. Roscoe should handle punts, I really hate Nate's tendency to fumble, and i can't stand fast freddies recklessness, as a returner.

camelcowboy
10-18-2005, 01:30 PM

He is no secret weapon.

I fully agree, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm parrish returning, or Bruski Returning i think they have element of surprise. They have a bye, they can game plan for 2 weeks, were not going to be able to surprise them. If anything get parrish out there versus the Raiders. See if he's in game shape, try him out. He needs a tune up game to see if he's going to be worth a damn this season.

justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I fine with Mcgee returning kicks. He has a talent at running in traffic. We should use it, This team needs all the advantages we can get. Roscoe should handle punts, I really hate Nate's tendency to fumble, and i can't stand fast freddies recklessness, as a returner.it's not his returning kicks that worries me. It's his dancing. I'm just hoping Roscoe could be as effective as McGee and take the job away. We are thin at the cb position compared to the wr.

Kerr
10-18-2005, 01:36 PM

He is no secret weapon.

There's no game film on him and if he's explosive as they say he is, then bb will have his hands full trying to make adjustments. I'd say he's a secret weapon since he's supposed to add more firepower to our offense.

camelcowboy
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
it's not his returning kicks that worries me. It's his dancing. I'm just hoping Roscoe could be as effective as McGee and take the job away. We are thin at the cb position compared to the wr.

If he can win the job fine, but if its not broke don't fix it.

Demon
10-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Why are people so excited about him? He won't do much early on, late this season we might see flashes but next season is when we'll see the real Roscoe Parrish. Even Randle-El didn't become a star over night.

I'd say, if Parrish plays Sunday, he'll have 1 catch for 11 yards.

mysticsoto
10-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Why are people so excited about him? He won't do much early on, late this season we might see flashes but next season is when we'll see the real Roscoe Parrish. Even Randle-El didn't become a star over night.

I'd say, if Parrish plays Sunday, he'll have 1 catch for 11 yards.

If he was getting the 3rd WR slot, then at the very least, he's better than Reed! Alot of teams are leaving Reed and concentrating more on stopping the run, which is why Reed has at times been open. If you leave Parrish open, he will burn you and you just cannot put a LB on him either. With a LB oriented team like NE is, it then becomes more important than some might think.

Demon
10-18-2005, 02:12 PM
If he was getting the 3rd WR slot, then at the very least, he's better than Reed! Alot of teams are leaving Reed and concentrating more on stopping the run, which is why Reed has at times been open. If you leave Parrish open, he will burn you and you just cannot put a LB on him either. With a LB oriented team like NE is, it then becomes more important than some might think.

I know what you, and all of you are saying, but i just don't think a guy, who has been out injuried for like 8 weeks now, who hasn't played one down in the NFL, regular season or pre-season, to just come onto the sceen and be the difference maker. I don't think he will be covered much more then Josh Reed is, obviously Parrish is better and in a few games, months, and next year, he will be a difference maker, but in the next 2-4 games, to expect anything out of him is out of question IMO.

I do want him to play and want to see him play, because that will develop him more by gaining expierence, all i'm saying is, i don't think he will have an impact, not just vs. Oakland, but in the first 4 games atleast.

And if Parrish sits this week, i don't want him to be the "secret" weapon vs. New England. We'd put him into the fire right away... that has disaster written all over it. If he sits this week, i'd prefer to see more of Josh Reed vs. NE then Parrish.

Sportsuser101
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I've said it ever since I saw Parrish in camp. He is going to do alot more to this offense then some may think. Even in day 1. His speed alone makes you play a speed corner on him which for most teams is a #1 or #2 CB. Most teams don't have 2 speed corners so they won't be able to carry both Evans and Parrish. Alot of teams like to use their speed corners in Moulds as well because he would overpower most slower corners that way the defense can use their speed corners to get around him. I think he is going to change the offense alot.

justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Why are people so excited about him? .he was making catches with his arm resting on his back. I Never saw anything like it.

Lexwhat
10-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Everything I read about Roscoe is that he is a career #3 receiver. I was thinking that is untrue. Even Eric Moulds himself said that he could move into the slot and leave Lee and Roscoe on the ends. (Sorry no link) Of course, I highly doubt that it would be a permanent move - probably more or less situational.

And if someone thinks Roscoe is too small to play as a #1 or #2 WR, look at what Santana Moss is doing with the Redskins. So far this season, Moss has 33 Receptions for 631 Yards (Average: 19.1 Yards per catch) and 4 TDs. He is their leading receiver and is ripping it up over there.

Am I saying Roscoe will step in this season and perform like Moss is now? Not likely. But it's possible for the future.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
he was making catches with his arm resting on his back. I Never saw anything like it.

I seen that, he is amazing. I really don't think many people here realize the versatility that incredible speed gives you. Teams are going to have to play 8-12 yards off of him or pay. That also leaves others open and the run gets going even more. Trust me, he is going to make a big difference almost immediately.

justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Could this be the start of Reed reuniting w/ Saban?

TigerJ
10-18-2005, 05:42 PM

So you're worried about the 5'9" 200lb McGee getting hurt, and you'd rather play 5'9" 165 lb Parrish in order to protect McGee?

justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 05:44 PM
So you're worried about the 5'9" 200lb McGee getting hurt, and you'd rather play 5'9" 165 lb Parrish in order to protect McGee? read the entire thread.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2005, 07:08 PM
read the entire thread.

He has a good point.

RedEyE
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I doubt Parrish is returning kicks this week:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>
Tom Labinski (Austin, TX): Great win coach. I thought we looked much sharper than last week. How about Roscoe Parrish? When will we see him on the field and are we more likely to first see him as a wideout or returning punts?
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=right colSpan=3>
Mike Mularkey: When we are certain that his injury is healed, he will be back out there. We don't want to have a set-back that will hold him out longer. He'll test it again this week to see if he's progressed more than he did last week and we'll make a decision on Sunday. As far as returning punts, that will be a game day decision because after going eight weeks without catching anything, he has to get some work at it.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Typ0
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I don't like the logic of holding him out to take NE by surprise. Make them prepare for more of our weapons not less. Having another weapon on the field makes it easier on everyone on the team.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I don't like the logic of holding him out to take NE by surprise. Make them prepare for more of our weapons not less. Having another weapon on the field makes it easier on everyone on the team.

Another weapon in the battlefield theory, i like it.

mysticsoto
10-18-2005, 09:53 PM

Why allow NE the knowledge of preparing for Parrish and what he can do? The less they know about his capabilities, the better. I'm just hoping that we have enough to beat the Raiders without him. Our D needs to step it up and stop Jordan. If we could get some interceptions out of Collins, we can take the game.

Your last sentence doesn't make much sense...of course I'm advocating to have him (if he's available) for the NE game and to play - and of course having another weapon on the field makes it easier for everyone on the team. Is your point that we may need that help this week against the Raiders? B'cse otherwise, that's kind of common sense and your pt eludes me.

slakjaw157
10-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Trust me, he is going to make a big difference almost immediately.

I hope you are right, but not likely.

vicmantak
10-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Could this be the start of Reed reuniting w/ Saban?
Hopefully yes and not. To be frank he is finally a player on rise but his contract status, popularity and lack of chemistry with the Bills offense will make him go at the end of the season.

On the other hand, unfortunately for us... Saban really knows how to use his skills...

IMO this is the best moment to trade Reed! --- before it's too late...

Mitchy moo
10-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Hopefully yes and not. To be frank he is finally a player on rise but his contract status, popularity and lack of chemistry with the Bills offense will make him go at the end of the season.

On the other hand, unfortunately for us... Saban really knows how to use his skills...

IMO this is the best moment to trade Reed! --- before it's too late...

It's too late now, who could we take from them anyways?

casdhf
10-19-2005, 05:07 PM
it's not his returning kicks that worries me. It's his dancing. I'm just hoping Roscoe could be as effective as McGee and take the job away. We are thin at the cb position compared to the wr.

he only dances when everything is bogged up and there is no room. If there is a crease, he ususally ens up taking it at least 30 yards

Mitchy moo
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
he only dances when everything is bogged up and there is no room. If there is a crease, he ususally ens up taking it at least 30 yards

He is good!!!

Mitchy moo
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
<TABLE width=287 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Roscoe's Ready to Go
by Mike Hedeen
photo by Bob Gosney
Published Oct 19, 2005
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Buffalo could get a boost to its offense as early as this weekend. Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish continues to increase his workload and could see his first NFL game action when the Bills play at Oakland Sunday.
"There's really no doubt in my mind because the trainers do a good job of taping my wrist and padding my wirst to protect it," Parrish said before practice Wednesday. "We'll just see how the week of practices go and we'll go from there."
Parrish suffered an undisclosed wrist injury during training camp and was in a cast until a couple of weeks ago. He began full practices last week and is ready for his pro debut.
"I can't wait to get Roscoe back," said quarterback Kelly Holcomb. "He's quick. In training camp he was hard to cover even when our defense put two guys on him. He seems like one of those guys that knows how to get open."
Holcomb showed the last two weeks how he likes spreading the ball around. Parrish will give him another dangerous weapon.

http://www.rnews.com/Sports/TopSports_2004.cfm?cmd=top&ID=31304&rnews_story_type=39&category=3 :coocoo:

BAM
10-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Nothing but good things about this guy.

Oh except for the injury.

Meathead
10-20-2005, 04:26 AM
i just hope he dives around like a maniac

Typ0
10-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Why allow NE the knowledge of preparing for Parrish and what he can do? The less they know about his capabilities, the better. I'm just hoping that we have enough to beat the Raiders without him. Our D needs to step it up and stop Jordan. If we could get some interceptions out of Collins, we can take the game.

Your last sentence doesn't make much sense...of course I'm advocating to have him (if he's available) for the NE game and to play - and of course having another weapon on the field makes it easier for everyone on the team. Is your point that we may need that help this week against the Raiders? B'cse otherwise, that's kind of common sense and your pt eludes me.

it's quite a simple concept really. I'm going to break it down into simple terms so please don't come back saying there's a lot more too it than that. If NE spends ten hours in preparatation and they prepare for Eric Moulds and Willis McGahee they spend five hours preparing for each player. The time is a constraint so they only have ten hours to prepare. If you add another player, Roscoe Parrish, then they only have 3.33 hours to prepare for each of the three players. While Parrish might not be able to take them by "storm" (who knows what's going to happen with that no matter what), it's pretty clear that Moulds and McGahee are going to benefit by throwing him into the mix.

Mitchy moo
10-20-2005, 07:36 AM
it's quite a simple concept really. I'm going to break it down into simple terms so please don't come back saying there's a lot more too it than that. If NE spends ten hours in preparatation and they prepare for Eric Moulds and Willis McGahee they spend five hours preparing for each player. The time is a constraint so they only have ten hours to prepare. If you add another player, Roscoe Parrish, then they only have 3.33 hours to prepare for each of the three players. While Parrish might not be able to take them by "storm" (who knows what's going to happen with that no matter what), it's pretty clear that Moulds and McGahee are going to benefit by throwing him into the mix.

The more talent we have at wide receiver, the less chances teams have to prepare & cover all of them properly.

Dozerdog
10-20-2005, 07:43 AM

I'll take my chances- too many good returns to just hand over.

mysticsoto
10-20-2005, 07:52 AM

I guess we just have a different philosophy on this sort of thing. My view is that, when Parrish is put in, NE will do 2 things: they will either try to handle him like they had game planned for Reed (with minor changes - such as stronger bumping at the line of scrimmage or 5 yards thereof) or they will have to go and change their game plan on the fly and do things they have not done in practice.

As an example, if they find that Parrish is catching too many balls and getting yardage due to his speed. They will have to compensate by double teaming him and freeing up Moulds or Evans - if they use a safety. If they choose to double team with a LB, Willis gains an advantage. And b'cse they may have not planned to do this, they may be unprepared for disguising their double teams. For example, they could double team in a zone sort of way where if Parrish enters a certain area (across the middle maybe) the LB drops back, but if Parrish runs past into the field, a safety follows him, etc

NE is good at disguising and devising game plans to defeat another team and confuse the players. I guess for once I'd like to turn things around and do it to them.