• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

ROSCOE UPDATE!!

I think the raiders are going to meet Roscoe:

Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish may finally make his regular-season debut on Sunday in Oakland. Mularkey thought about activating Parrish for the Jets game, but decided it was best to wait another week. Parrish has been out since breaking his wrist in training camp. "I think we had higher hopes earlier in the week," Mularkey said of Parrish's availability agaisnt the Jets. "But then I really started thinking that this is the first time he's caught passes and punts in really eight weeks. We haven't tested him being hit, we haven't tested him if he falls on the ground. I just felt let's wait a week and see if next week is a better week and maybe test some of those other things out."

• mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: ROSCOE UPDATE!!

Personally, I think they should wait until the NE game to bring Parrish out. Oakland doesn't have a great defense and we might be fine with Reed. If the line does their job in blocking, we should be able to score pretty well against Oakland - the question is, can we keep up with their scoring? Or can our D put a stop to their high potent offense...

Having Parrish come in against NE might through a chink into the machinery and disrupt Belicheck's plans against us. Remember that they are coming off a bye (like Miami) so the less they have to go on with how Parrish might play and what he might do, the less ready they will be for him.

That being said, Parrish isn't going to change our game play tremendously - he's just another outlet - that may be available from time to time. The line still needs to perform like they did against the Jets for us to be able to do anything!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

His first play will be a reverse
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        His first play will be a reverse
        His 1st play will probably be a punt return. Personally, once he gets in, I think Mularkey should always place him and McGee in the backfield for Punts and kickoffs. The other team will have no choice but to try and kick it into the endzone and hope the ball makes it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
          His 1st play will probably be a punt return. Personally, once he gets in, I think Mularkey should always place him and McGee in the backfield for Punts and kickoffs. The other team will have no choice but to try and kick it into the endzone and hope the ball makes it.
          I have a problem w/ McGee dancing around during a kickoff. He's bound to get a huge hit and after him, we have Eric King. I would like to see what Roscoe can do returning kickoffs this year.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

I have a problem w/ McGee dancing around during a kickoff. He's bound to get a huge hit and after him, we have Eric King. I would like to see what Roscoe can do returning kickoffs this year.
            McGee has earned my respect as a returner -and as far as I'm concerned, he can do whatever he wants when returning. He has shown he knows what he is doing! Roscoe I am hopeful of, but I worry that he may be like Jonathan Smith who will cough up the ball with a really hard jolt b'cse they are so small. I hope I am wrong, but time will tell.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Personally, I think they should wait until the NE game to bring Parrish out. Oakland doesn't have a great defense and we might be fine with Reed. If the line does their job in blocking, we should be able to score pretty well against Oakland - the question is, can we keep up with their scoring? Or can our D put a stop to their high potent offense...

Having Parrish come in against NE might through a chink into the machinery and disrupt Belicheck's plans against us. Remember that they are coming off a bye (like Miami) so the less they have to go on with how Parrish might play and what he might do, the less ready they will be for him.

That being said, Parrish isn't going to change our game play tremendously - he's just another outlet - that may be available from time to time. The line still needs to perform like they did against the Jets for us to be able to do anything!

I really like your idea of saving him up until we play NE. This way belichek can't gameplan for parrish. Our secret weapon for that game.

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                I really like your idea of saving him up until we play NE. This way belichek can't gameplan for parrish. Our secret weapon for that game.

He's a rookie reciever who has never played an official NFL down.

He is no secret weapon.
                "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

I fine with Mcgee returning kicks. He has a talent at running in traffic. We should use it, This team needs all the advantages we can get. Roscoe should handle punts, I really hate Nate's tendency to fumble, and i can't stand fast freddies recklessness, as a returner.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr

He is no secret weapon.
                    I fully agree, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm parrish returning, or Bruski Returning i think they have element of surprise. They have a bye, they can game plan for 2 weeks, were not going to be able to surprise them. If anything get parrish out there versus the Raiders. See if he's in game shape, try him out. He needs a tune up game to see if he's going to be worth a damn this season.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                      I fine with Mcgee returning kicks. He has a talent at running in traffic. We should use it, This team needs all the advantages we can get. Roscoe should handle punts, I really hate Nate's tendency to fumble, and i can't stand fast freddies recklessness, as a returner.
                      it's not his returning kicks that worries me. It's his dancing. I'm just hoping Roscoe could be as effective as McGee and take the job away. We are thin at the cb position compared to the wr.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr

He is no secret weapon.
                        There's no game film on him and if he's explosive as they say he is, then bb will have his hands full trying to make adjustments. I'd say he's a secret weapon since he's supposed to add more firepower to our offense.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

it's not his returning kicks that worries me. It's his dancing. I'm just hoping Roscoe could be as effective as McGee and take the job away. We are thin at the cb position compared to the wr.
                          If he can win the job fine, but if its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Why are people so excited about him? He won't do much early on, late this season we might see flashes but next season is when we'll see the real Roscoe Parrish. Even Randle-El didn't become a star over night.

I'd say, if Parrish plays Sunday, he'll have 1 catch for 11 yards.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Demon
                              Why are people so excited about him? He won't do much early on, late this season we might see flashes but next season is when we'll see the real Roscoe Parrish. Even Randle-El didn't become a star over night.

I'd say, if Parrish plays Sunday, he'll have 1 catch for 11 yards.

If he was getting the 3rd WR slot, then at the very least, he's better than Reed! Alot of teams are leaving Reed and concentrating more on stopping the run, which is why Reed has at times been open. If you leave Parrish open, he will burn you and you just cannot put a LB on him either. With a LB oriented team like NE is, it then becomes more important than some might think.

Comment

Working...
                              X