PDA

View Full Version : What if we got back to another superbowl this upcoming season.. AND

Tatonka
01-11-2003, 12:57 AM
lost?

do you think that if they got back to the SB again, regardless of the fact that we dont have anyone that played in the other 4 on the team, the 0-4 thing would mess with them?

i was thinking, i bet that would be some unbelievable pressure.

hopefully, it would be like denver. losing 3 early( i think it was actually 4, but 3 in recent history) then winning the next try after a SB hiatus.

as a bills fan, i sure wish they were still in the thick of things, but damn, i just dont know if i could take the unbearable sight of them losing another game at the big dance.

sorry.. it is late and i have that "glass half empty" feeling atm..

seriously though.. what are your thoughts on this.

northernbillfan
01-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Just when I thought it was safe to read one of your threads again, you go and add the thought of being 5 time losers to the hope for next season.

Bad Tatonka...

The Bills have found too many odd ways to lose, that they, much like Denver, deserve to win. Drew deserves to win one on his own. IMHO, we will destroy in the next Super Bowl.

The real question to this thread should be, If the Bills lose the next time they make it to the Super Bowl, would you still be a fan?

The_Philster
01-11-2003, 06:10 AM
Well, it's not like we have the league in the state it was in back when we went to 4 straight. It'd be a lot tougher to get back and no one's entirely convinced, even if we did retain the talent that gets us to the big game for another year, that we have good enough coaching to keep the players hungry enough to return right away. Say what you will about Marv, but he kept those teams of the early 90s hungry and resilient enough that they felt they had to keep coming back.

shelby
01-11-2003, 06:29 AM
i will ALWAYS be a Bills fan. If we are going to get back to the Superbowl, we will need a much improved D, better special teams, and a more smoothly running offense. If we had all that, i don't see who we couldn't beat.

Ð
01-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Talk about a party-pooper

http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/movies/meaning-of-life/pictures/14-i-am-death.jpg

HenryRules
01-11-2003, 10:01 AM
I think having the previous 4 losses might actually help them in this hypothetical situation. Its obviously going to be a huge story for the local media and probably the national media as well, it'd take the focus off of other issues that may be more troublesome come Super Bowl time (i.e. GW's contract ending after the game and will he stay or not, Price possibly bolting, etc.). And since no one currently on the team really had much to do with the early 90s teams, I don't think it'd be much of a distraction at all.
However, if they do lose in the Super Bowl, it'd lead to a lot of media problems throughout the offseason and next season I think.

WG
01-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Bad Tatonka...

Drew deserves to win one on his own.

LOL

If Drew "wins one on his own" then that will be a first!

I don't think the jinx will matter and I have to agree w/ HR as well that it may help more. The problem w/ Levy was that he didn't know how to get the team riled up when they needed to be. That's exactly why we lost the 2nd Dallas SB leading by 13-6 at the half. JJ's guys came out of the tunnel pumped up after the half. Levy's guys came out walking, heads down, not running and arms flailing as the Boys did. Levy was good, but if he had a shortcoming it was motivating w/o reading about Erato and trying to translate some meaning out of it. Sometimes you just have to throw some chairs or something.

This team isn't like that. They hit hard and have harder hitters which makes a huge difference. We'd be in great shape as long as Drew doesn't throw some INTs for TDs either directly or off of TOs. So far that's all he's done in the playoffs and SB.

If we go in on the strengths of D, STs, and a rushing game first, then I'd say that depending upon the opponent we'd have a great chance to win it!

justasportsfan
01-11-2003, 10:44 AM
I'll worry about it when we get there. right now maingthe playoffs is what expect for next year. Anything less is a failure.

WG
01-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Anything less than 11-5 w/ the schedule we have next year is a failure IMO. Heck, we should have and could have been that this year.

We should be 7-1 at home and we should be at least 4-4 on the road.

Tatonka
01-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Just when I thought it was safe to read one of your threads again

The real question to this thread should be, If the Bills lose the next time they make it to the Super Bowl, would you still be a fan?

um.. what do you mean again? i am typically very positive:eek:

and i will always be an unwaivering bills fan.. i just might not leave my house for like a month if that happened.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2003, 01:14 PM
we'll worry about it when/if we get there.we'll need to make the playoffs first.

ublinkwescore
01-11-2003, 01:56 PM
If we lost another superbowl, I'd still go out the next day sporting my Moulds jersey.

I've got my pride.