Another big fat inactive day for the Bills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Another big fat inactive day for the Bills!

Here we are again at another important date and are resting on our laurels.

Why make a trade for a DT to improve a Run D that allowed Curtis to rip off 2 50 yarders?

Why make a trade for a OG when you continue to rack up penalties with Anderson and continue to act like turnstyles with a statue of a starting QB?

If we skipped on Kearse, Hovan, Corey Simon, Damien Woody, LJ Shelton, Marco Rivera, Joe Andruzzi, Mike Wahle, Cosey Coleman, and resigning Pat Williams, why would you want to do anything to boost a sub par rush D that is starting a 3rd stringer really at this point?

Apparently we have fooled ourselves into believing that 2 wins against the lowly Fins and Jets and a win against the leagues worst in Houston means we are all set as far as our roster goes.

After all, we supposedly believe in the guys we have.

Sometimes I just dont understand this squad. Why not convert that extra 3rd rounder we got for Henry into someone who can help us step up even more NOW rather than use it on a draftee that wont do jack squat for years to come.

With everything to gain, our division by the nuts, and an honest look at ourselves as being beatable, we do nothing?

I certainly got excited about TD when he landed us Milloy, Vincent, McGahee, Losman, Evans, Fletcher, and TKO. But as far as FA go, what has he done for us lately? The NFL operates that way, why cant the fans? What has TD done for us as far as a big time FA in the past 2 years?

Well today, and really all the days leading up to today was another chance blown.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Another big fat inactive day for the Bills!

It's easy for fans to look for a trade. Who is out there that is available that in you opinion that could be had and please include trade prices ?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

You can honestly say, you woke up today, thinking the Bills would make a deadline trade?

This isn't the NHL or the MLB, Deadline day is just a date.... you'll never see massive deals in the NFL. Never have been and never will.
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

yeah- while it would have been nice to see a trade to fill a hole or two, it's just not the norm in the NFL. Trades are difficult because:

A) we need to have something another team wants
        B) another team needs to have something we want
        C) Both teams must have the cap space (or the ability to make it) to accommodate the trade
        D) the other team involved can't be a division opponent or someone that may be competing with us for a wild card, because if that's the case neither team will want to help each other.

The chances of those things happening are very remote, which is why you see very few in-season trades in the NFL. I'm not at all surprised that nothing major has happened yet.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Demon
          You can honestly say, you woke up today, thinking the Bills would make a deadline trade?

This isn't the NHL or the MLB, Deadline day is just a date.... you'll never see massive deals in the NFL. Never have been and never will.
          Huh???

Randy Moss traded
          Portis for Bailey
          Ricky Williams for an entire draft

Right now you have Lavarr Arrington status uncertain
          Jamie Winborn available for trade
          Damione Lewis a backup in STL

Would you take Lavarr or Damione for that Henry 3rd rounder?

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
            Sometimes I just dont understand this squad. Why not convert that extra 3rd rounder we got for Henry into someone who can help us step up even more NOW rather than use it on a draftee that wont do jack squat for years to come.

With everything to gain, our division by the nuts, and an honest look at ourselves as being beatable, we do nothing?

I certainly got excited about TD when he landed us Milloy, Vincent, McGahee, Losman, Evans, Fletcher, and TKO. But as far as FA go, what has he done for us lately? The NFL operates that way, why cant the fans? What has TD done for us as far as a big time FA in the past 2 years?

Well today, and really all the days leading up to today was another chance blown.

Ummm...TD got us Holcomb this past year!!!

You seem to assume that just b'cse we may want someone or need someone doesn't mean another team is willing to part with them. With all the injuries going on in this league, few people want to part with their capable backups. The same argument you use can be used on the other side. Why would a team with a capable backup want to trade for a 3rd rounder or for someone who won't do squat for years to come? They want insurance now - just like you do! It works both ways...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Trades dont happen during season PERIOD! Get over it all JP and just root for what we have and be happy. OR ELSE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                Huh???

Randy Moss traded
                Portis for Bailey
                Ricky Williams for an entire draft
                WOW you just named me like 3 trades in the last like what 8 years??? LOL

And all were off-season moves. Stop being such a hater man. Appriciate what we have more and stop thinking this is a Bills team in your Madden 2006.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Are you the actual J.P. Losman? Mama? I'm serious.

You seem like a nice guy, but why do you hate Holcomb so much? The guys is a very likeable person who has won two games when given the chance to play. Not once has he mocked anybody, not once has anybody said that he's the long term answer or the next Jim Kelly, and he has the team playing behind him. What's not to like? Losman will get his chance to be the future, but he has to earn it.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                    Are you the actual J.P. Losman? Mama? I'm serious.

You seem like a nice guy, but why do you hate Holcomb so much? The guys is a very likeable person who has won two games when given the chance to play. Not once has he mocked anybody, not once has anybody said that he's the long term answer or the next Jim Kelly, and he has the team playing behind him. What's not to like? Losman will get his chance to be the future, but he has to earn it.
                    This post had zero to do with the QB situation.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                      Trades dont happen during season PERIOD! Get over it all JP and just root for what we have and be happy. OR ELSE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
                      I aint going anywhere else.

I will be right here thanx.

I am very happy with where we are at right now. But Im not willing to put the rose colored glasses and live on cloud nine.

Today is trade deadline day, I believe we have holes, and I see that we didnt do anything today. For a team that supposed to be in contention for the playoffs, I have a right to gripe about that. Dont like it, dont read.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

We have needs yes so does every other team. It takes 2 to tango to make a trade. Its not as easy as baseball. How do you know if Buffalo didnt attempt to do something? You have inside sources or do you have ability to read minds?

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                          We have needs yes so does every other team. It takes 2 to tango to make a trade. Its not as easy as baseball. How do you know if Buffalo didnt attempt to do something? You have inside sources or do you have ability to read minds?
                          I really hope all your sarcasm isnt to try to convince us your smart.

if so, Your mouth is writing checks your posts cant cash

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

We should've signed this guy:

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

This post had zero to do with the QB situation.
                              statue of a starting QB?
                              Apparently we have fooled ourselves into believing that 2 wins against the lowly Fins and Jets and a win against the leagues worst in Houston means we are all set as far as our roster goes.
                              EVERYTHING that you post has something to do with the QB situation. Holcomb, while no speedster, has pretty good pocket mobility in my opinion. Don't worry about J.P. the next couple of weeks, he'll have some valuable experience passing H2O cups to his teammates on the sidelines.

In terms of the level of competition, the Jets beat Tampa Bay the week before (who smoked us), and the Dolphins were 2-1, and beat Carolina and Denver. This is the NFL, the talent level of the teams from top to bottom is a lot closer than most people realize.

There is nobody out there that would have dramatically improved our team, with the exception of Arrington. Donahoe is no superstar, he never makes big mid-season moves (as most other teams also do not). I don't want to go into another Donahoe-bash thread right now, the facts are the facts, he needs to go this season.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X