PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe missed out on this one

Crisis
10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Tony Fonoti traded for a condition 6th/7th rounder.

A solid player for that much?? Especially with the depth we have at this line. We're one injury away from Jerman or Preston starting again.

X-Era
10-18-2005, 06:18 PM

A solid player for that much?? Especially with the depth we have at this line. We're one injury away from Jerman or Preston starting again.

He sure did.

Yet some are claiming good trades couldnt be made.

Sportsuser101
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah because thats what we need. A guard that would cry about not starting for us which is what he probably would be doing.

guy
10-18-2005, 08:26 PM
if you people know anything about football you know you cant judge any player after 4 games, regardless if you cant stand the gm.

billsburgh
10-18-2005, 08:29 PM
he's also a free agent after this season who will get big bucks. So basically they are renting his services for the rest of this season.

guy
10-18-2005, 08:33 PM
you should win mega bucks then right?

Mahdi
10-18-2005, 08:37 PM
We already have two good guards with Villarial and Anderson.

Demon
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM

I think theres something we don't know....

If he is sopposetly so good, why is a contender for the SB dealing him to a team with no hopes of making the playoffs? If he was good, wouldn't they want to keep him incase one of their starters gets hurt?? Hmm.... i'm guessing this dude is a "cancer" in the locker room, but that's just me.

X-Era
10-18-2005, 09:00 PM

If he is sopposetly so good, why is a contender for the SB dealing him to a team with no hopes of making the playoffs? If he was good, wouldn't they want to keep him incase one of their starters gets hurt?? Hmm.... i'm guessing this dude is a "cancer" in the locker room, but that's just me.

You very well could be right, but Justin Gesienger? How bad does he have to be to NOT be an upgrade?

Crisis
10-18-2005, 09:32 PM

Yeah, but our LT right now was a CHICAGO back up.

mysticsoto
10-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, but our LT right now was a CHICAGO back up.

He was a backup b'cse he got hurt and then lost his starting position...he didn't lose it due to being beat out.

clumping platelets
10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Fonoti will be an UFA after the season AND he presently has a broken arm, so his availability for this season is limited.

I was surprised Houston made no deals

Captain Obvious
10-18-2005, 10:31 PM
We already have two good guards with Villarial and Anderson.

Bennie Anderson has played like dog-crap.

Sportsuser101
10-18-2005, 10:41 PM

He's given up 2 sacks and 1 holding penalty all year. He's been good in run game. And thats with learning a new position.

HAMMER
10-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Fonoti is nearly completely recovered after a broken hand, should be ready to play in two weeks. San Diego let him go because he is a free agent at the end of the season and they have a starter at his position, they don't want to pay a backup the starter money he will want. He also has serious attitude problems and they did not want him around. He was underachieving for quite a while but then last year he turned it on and was mauling people.
Corey Simon is the one we missed on picking up, we could use his size and strength in the middle of our D right now.

Mahdi
10-19-2005, 12:08 AM
If you watch the run plays and pay close attention to Anderson, you'll retract your statement. He opens holes and gets to the second level very well. As for the pass game he has not been a liability. The problems have come from else where. The fact is, he and Gandy were the additions on the o-line and Willis is getting better blocking this year than last, because last year he couldn't run inside. Now he averages 4.4YPC.