PDA

View Full Version : Bills ought to fly to Oakland on Friday

G. Host
10-19-2005, 09:57 AM
The Bills have a lot of problems adjusting to West Coast and should consider flying on Friday rather than Saturday. This will allow them to get a practice in on Saturday and shake any rust from flying. They have not won in Oakland/LA for a long, long time.

I used to keep history stats on my website (no longer room) but on a old version of my website I have history stats (sorry ahead of time for popups):

http://g_host.tripod.com/history/h_Raiders.html

The Bills have not won in Oakland / LA since 1966!

Shasta McNasty
10-19-2005, 10:33 AM
thats about to change!

Captain gameboy
10-19-2005, 01:12 PM
The Bills problems have nothing to do with air travel.

Air travel across this continent for a 3.5 hour, mid afternoon event, held the day after, is totally inconsequential.

Pro athletes and pro management should understand that that excuse dog don't hunt.

Cntrygal
10-19-2005, 04:52 PM
The Bills problems have nothing to do with air travel.

Air travel across this continent for a 3.5 hour, mid afternoon event, held the day after, is totally inconsequential.

Pro athletes and pro management should understand that that excuse dog don't hunt.

Since that dog isn't allowed off the porch.... how about climate change? :biggrin:

BAM
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I've only been to the West Coast once, but I'm with gameboy. It didn't screw with me at all.

G. Host
10-19-2005, 07:44 PM
It is more than 3.5 hours flight and since a lot of those guys are so large travelling in a plane for that duration can slow down muscle circulation and result in increased cramping. It usually passes after a day or some which is why I recommended flying on Friday. Flying on a Saturday risks delays (occasionally air traffic and weather delays have forced teams to get in as late as 1 AM day before on cross country trips) and not giving enough time to settle in.

Make Friday the travel day and Saturday the light workout/walkthrough day - it only makes sense!

Bledsoefan4life
10-19-2005, 09:05 PM
The Bills have a lot of problems adjusting to West Coast and should consider flying on Friday rather than Saturday. This will allow them to get a practice in on Saturday and shake any rust from flying. They have not won in Oakland/LA for a long, long time.

I used to keep history stats on my website (no longer room) but on a old version of my website I have history stats (sorry ahead of time for popups):

http://g_host.tripod.com/history/h_Raiders.html

The Bills have not won in Oakland / LA since 1966!

I'm not sure its going to matter. I know the cowboys stayed in the bay area the whole week after the 49ers game, and they still lost and were stymied on offense for 3 quarters until Drew led them back late.

I just have the feeling that lamont jordan is going to be a beast in this game, and if the raiders control the clock the rout will be on. I just can't see buffalo taking this one, especially since this is the 3rd game of a 3 game homestand. They were smacked by san diego last week and will be ready to play against the bills, plus a worse raider team beat us last year.

STAMPY
10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
If the Raiders defense slowed down Dallas's attack, I don't think Buffalo has any prayer at all.

:stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::s tfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu:

MarvLevy
10-19-2005, 09:27 PM
WHEN IS THE LAST DAMNNN TIME THE RAIDERS CAME TO BUFFALO??????????????? AND Y DO WE PLAY THEM EVERY SINGLE YEAR?..EVEN OUT THERE?

AndreReed83
10-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I believe they came to Buffalo during Bledsoe's first season here.

vicmantak
10-19-2005, 10:22 PM
[quote=gameboy]The Bills problems have nothing to do with air travel.quote]
Come on! What the hell make you think that Bills ought to fly to solve problems.

Bledsoefan4life
10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I believe they came to Buffalo during Bledsoe's first season here.

Yes and they won in a shootout 49-31....even bledstud and his 400 yards couldn't carry the bills to a win that day.

In fact, the raiders are 3-0 in their last 3 games against the stud, including the big win a few weeks ago against dallas. They just have his number it seems.

jamze132
10-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Yes and they won in a shootout 49-31....even bledstud and his 400 yards couldn't carry the bills to a win that day.

In fact, the raiders are 3-0 in their last 3 games against the stud, including the big win a few weeks ago against dallas. They just have his number it seems.
Well tha it's a good thing Drew isn't playing the Raiders this week. I do expect a win on the road which will send us flying high into next Sunday night when we have the Patriots! Would it not be nice to be 5-3 and all by ourselves in first place?

AndreReed83
10-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Well tha it's a good thing Drew isn't playing the Raiders this week. I do expect a win on the road which will send us flying high into next Sunday night when we have the Patriots! Would it not be nice to be 5-3 and all by ourselves in first place?

Seems Dudsoe forgot to mention Drew's 3 interceptions and one fumble lost in that game as well. But, he OBVIOUSLY wasn't the main reason the team lost.

MTBillsFan
10-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Heck, Not that it matters, but I'm flying to Oakland on Friday as well!
"jet lag" effects different people in different ways. I know I was never bugged by it until rencently. Either way, I'm still thinkin our Bills win comfortablely.
GO BILLS

Bledsoefan4life
10-20-2005, 12:23 AM

As much as i'd love to see 5-3, just aint going to happen. We will be 3-5 after two embarrasments on the road and them loseman will be reinserted back into the lineup so we can see if this joker is the future or not.

Captain gameboy
10-20-2005, 07:40 AM
It is more than 3.5 hours flight and since a lot of those guys are so large travelling in a plane for that duration can slow down muscle circulation and result in increased cramping. It usually passes after a day or some which is why I recommended flying on Friday. Flying on a Saturday risks delays (occasionally air traffic and weather delays have forced teams to get in as late as 1 AM day before on cross country trips) and not giving enough time to settle in.
Make Friday the travel day and Saturday the light workout/walkthrough day - it only makes sense!

The 3.5 hour event I was talking about was the game, not the flight.

Flying on Saturday decreases the chance of delays. There is less air traffic, and Buffalo to Oakland will present no significant amount of air traffic.

The Bills charter a 757. They will not experience a traffic delay.
They will not experience a weather delay.

There is plenty of room on a 757 for a pro football team. They will not be "cramped."

I'm not saying its a bad idea, I'm saying that pro teams weigh a lot of factors when they make plans, not the least of which is valuable practice time in their own facilities.

Travelling from Buffalo to Oakland will have no measurable physiological effect on them by Sunday afternoon.