PDA

View Full Version : MUlarkey on Jim Rome

justasportsfan
10-19-2005, 11:10 AM
He will be on anytime now. If anyone has the ability to listen to WGR , please post transcript.

Thanks.

mysticsoto
10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Rome will grill him on the Bledsoe debacle....should be classic.

I hate to put a fellow Bills fan on the Ignore List, but you are coming pretty close to it.

Can't you talk about anything else? I can't believe nobody is mentioning the fantastic blocking we had this past Sunday! The Jets D is great. If we continue to block like that, we will have a good year after all!!!

Shasta McNasty
10-19-2005, 11:44 AM
DO IT! Its gonna eventually happen so just get it over with.

OpIv37
10-19-2005, 11:51 AM
I hate to put a fellow Bills fan on the Ignore List, but you are coming pretty close to it.

He's a Bledsoe fan- not a Bills fan.

northernbillfan
10-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Transcript:

Missed the first few seconds but here it is in a nut shell:

On McGahee, Doesn't see any indication of the injury. Can't believe he doesn't have ice on his knee after a game.

On TKO, Losing Spikes was detrimental at first, but Crowell is filling in nicely. Very impressed by the play of Crowell.

On making it as a head coach, Thanks Sam Wyche for believing in him when he was first starting out. Glad to have the opportunity to help Wyche out whem Sam wanted to get back into coaching. Nice to return thefavour.

On coaching in Buffalo, Likes the fact that the city is a blue collar town. Feels very fortunate to be in Buffalo where the Bills are in the news everyday. Loves the fans and the appreciation they have for the team.

On Drew, Claims he doesn't follow the paths of other athletes as he's focused on his own teram during the season. When he was asked that question a couple of weeks ago, he claimed to be oblivious to the fact that Drew was having a good season. He also wished him well and is very glad to hear that Drew is doing well.

MikeInRoch
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
First part:

On being 3-3: It's good to be 3-3 after a 1-3 start, especially when they were focusing on a fast start all off season.

On Holcomb starting instead of JP: It's always a week to week decision, just like every position. Compared it to switching to McGahee last season. Doesn't consider it a failure for JP - everyone was responsible for the losses, including the coaching staff. JP taking it well, trying to learn from Holcomb, not just football, but the way he acts around the other players, etc.

justasportsfan
10-19-2005, 12:31 PM
JP taking it well, trying to learn from Holcomb, not just football, but the way he acts around the other players, etc.Aha. He should drop everything he learned from Drew , just like Brady didn't follow Drew's footsteps.

Slyster
10-20-2005, 02:23 AM
You are crazy if you think Brady didnt learn anything from Drew. He has stated many times that Drew helped him considerably.

AndreReed83
10-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Oh that slyster. So sly. Just like his name implies. Got a link to Tom Brady saying this. Please, for once I'd like one of you guys NOT be lying.

Meathead
10-20-2005, 04:18 AM
if you think brady didn't learn anything from drew you're literally insane

justasportsfan
10-20-2005, 07:01 AM
if you think brady didn't learn anything from drew you're literally insane
I agree, whoever said Brady didn't learn from Drew is insane. Who said that though?

He obviously learned what not to do by watching Drew.

Pride
10-20-2005, 07:13 AM
"He was the guy that I looked up to when I wanted to be a quarterback in the NFL," Brady said. "He always did things the right way. He had a great attitude about him. Then I got lucky enough to be picked by the Patriots, with him there. I learned under him for a year, and I kind of saw what he did well and just really learned from him. I owe a lot of our success to him."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/5314043

justasportsfan
10-20-2005, 09:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/5314043 Manning and the colts also said Foerster was gonna do well as the fins' OC last year.

So either JP didn't learn from Drew or he did which is why he holds on to the ball? :idunno: One things for sure, Brady unlike his predecessor, steps up and wins the bigger the game is unlike Drew.

ParanoidAndroid
10-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Did JP have a habit of patting the ball at Tulane? If not, he seems to have picked that up from watching Drew. Now Wyche has to break him of that as well. Dumb.
I just think the game is too fast for him yet and he's not anticipating receivers getting open. He might also be worrying too much about not losing a game.

TedMock
10-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh that slyster. So sly. Just like his name implies. Got a link to Tom Brady saying this. Please, for once I'd like one of you guys NOT be lying.

."Brady said he'll miss Bledsoe, who was the first pick overall in the 1993 draft, back when Brady was still in high school."He was the guy that I looked up to when I wanted to be a quarterback in the NFL," Brady said. "He always did things the right way. He had a great attitude about him. Then I got lucky enough to be picked by the Patriots, with him there. I learned under him for a year, and I kind of saw what he did well and just really learned from him. I owe a lot of our success to him."

http://www.absolutebrady.com/Archive/May2002.html