PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Simpson...

FlyingDutchman
10-19-2005, 11:13 AM
I know there has been threads kinda like this but my friend and I had a debate about where O.J. stands here. For the second straight week, I noticed O.J. here. Against Miami he stayed in his glass booth and kept to himself(from what I could tell), yet people still noticed him and attention was giving to him for a solid ten minutes in the middle of the game. This week against the Jets I happened to look over at the stairs to the left of me which is about 30 rows up from the field when I noticed a man who looked familiar. Just as I noticed so did the rest of the sections around. He actually tried to come and sit down with the fans down near the endzone. Now did he actually expect to be able to watch the game in peace? Or is this all a PR move on his part. People started chanting Juice, and finally he had to leave. I heard he later went to the upper section where he did not receive such a warm welcome. In fact i heard people were yelling some serious stuff and really giving him the business. Now heres where the arugement with my friend comes in. He says he would never yell anything mean at the OJ and said he is still honored to see him. He said he would be like some of the fans who chanted "Juice" in lower section instead of the fans workin him in the upper section. Now i guess where Im goin with this is what do you people think about O.J. coming around still? Do you think hes a Bills legend and should always be welcome? Or do you think he is a muderer right up there with scum like Scott Peterson and should stay out of Buffalo? IMO he killed two people and now lives freely. Sure he was a great player, but in IMO not a good person, therefore I would never cheer for him again, and would not want him coming into my seats. Sorry so long, whats some othe people thoughts? If you're still an OJ fan still feel free to express your opinion, I know its touchy subject....

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Right or wrong he was aquitted by a jury and is free to do as he wishes. I do not consider him scum, nor do I consider him a hero. I try not to consider him at all.

Shasta McNasty
10-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Juice was my neighbor when he played for the Bills. So I would be cordial.

juice
10-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Interesting Topic..

OJ will always command respect from True Football Fans as well as Bills fans because of his game.. His popularity extended beyond the NY area and helped turned the NFL into the major pwr it is today and Football into the Worlds most popular Sport.

Good post McNasty:goodpost:

MikeInRoch
10-19-2005, 12:02 PM
People who murder other people in cold blood do not deserve my respect.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2005, 12:06 PM
and would not want him coming into my seats.

I wouldn't want the Juice coming into my seat either.

Michael82
10-19-2005, 01:44 PM
I would just give him the cold shoulder and try to ignore him.

The King
10-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I dont really consider OJ to be a dangerous guy. I would ask him for an autograph probably. I dont think he is a stand up citizen, but he did play Nordberg in Naked Gun and that amounts to something.

footballhottie
10-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I like him..but thats just me.

Gunzlingr
10-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I dont really consider OJ to be a dangerous guy. I would ask him for an autograph probably. I dont think he is a stand up citizen, but he did play Nordberg in Naked Gun and that amounts to something.

He got dragged under a bus all the way to Detroit!

The King
10-19-2005, 02:14 PM
He got dragged under a bus all the way to Detroit!

Yeah Nordberg is pretty much the man. So I would like to revise my initial post. If I saw OJ I would not yell "Juice", I would start a "Nordberg Rules" chant.

Captain Obvious
10-19-2005, 02:22 PM
I like him..but thats just me.

How ironic your choice of words "thats just me".