Why in the heck is anyone still talking about Drew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Why in the heck is anyone still talking about Drew?

You need to go to ESPN.com. Then go to teams, look up Dallas, and then go to rosters. NOTE: You will find Drew Bledsoe listed there.

If you are lucky, you may also find a link to a Cowboys message board where you can talk about how great Drew is until your hearts content. And it will matter, and people care, and they may root for him alongside you.

But last time I checked, (it was today and almost everyday), our starting QB is Kelly Holcomb.

Any further discussion of Drew is now a complete waste of board space and our time.

To me the Drew equation was always incredibly easy:

Drew + average o-line + average coaching = 8 and 8, or 9 and 7, NO playoffs

Drew + great o-line + SB coach = Playoffs

Note: In both equations Drew is a constant NOT a variable.

This answers any remaining questions.

Again, for dunces who want to learn more in detention see Cowboys.com

• northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why in the heck is anyone still talking about Drew?

You are the only "fan" who keeps bringing him up.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
      Junior Zoner
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
      You need to go to ESPN.com. Then go to teams, look up Dallas, and then go to rosters. NOTE: You will find Drew Bledsoe listed there.

If you are lucky, you may also find a link to a Cowboys message board where you can talk about how great Drew is until your hearts content. And it will matter, and people care, and they may root for him alongside you.

But last time I checked, (it was today and almost everyday), our starting QB is Kelly Holcomb.

Any further discussion of Drew is now a complete waste of board space and our time.

To me the Drew equation was always incredibly easy:

Drew + average o-line + average coaching = 8 and 8, or 9 and 7, NO playoffs

Drew + great o-line + SB coach = Playoffs

Note: In both equations Drew is a constant NOT a variable.

This answers any remaining questions.

Again, for dunces who want to learn more in detention see Cowboys.com
      oh wait i get it, we aren't supposed to talk about former Bills greats...so why are threads or posts allowed about jim kelly, bruce smith, andre reed, and all other hall of famers like Drew? This is ridiculous if you ask me. Tom Donahoe must be pulling the strings here if the admin/mods are quick to move anything to do with Drew's success with his new team, especially when they reference how bad Buffalo is.

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
        Junior Zoner
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by J.P.is just pathetic
        If Bledsoe completely struggled, and got benched after four games, and LOSSman was a leading candidate for league MVP (I know it's as big a stretch as you can imagine) do you think they would be allowing anti-Bledsoe posts? As it stands now pro-Bledsoe posts are quickly being hidden and wrongly classified as spam. This is a sad day for the billszone if you ask me.
        yes i am figuring out awful fast that drew fans are not welcome here, and that is pretty sad if you ask me. I posted legit articles and they were moved out of here. Amazing the amount of respect some people have for Bledsoe, worse that these idiot bandwagon pats fans who bash the guy too.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bledsoefan4life
          yes i am figuring out awful fast that drew fans are not welcome here, and that is pretty sad if you ask me. I posted legit articles and they were moved out of here. Amazing the amount of respect some people have for Bledsoe, worse that these idiot bandwagon pats fans who bash the guy too.
          Your article was edited because you violated the TOS by posting a full-length article.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

The guy isn't on our team, so nobody but you and your troll pals care.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
              Junior Zoner
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
              The guy isn't on our team, so nobody but you and your troll pals care.
              He was on this team though, I just think its unfortunate that nobody gives the man the credit he deserves. Do you realize he's on pace to break Troy Aikman's records!!!! A three time superbowl champion!

I will always be a bills fan, but I really miss Drew. I hope he gets his redemption and wins another world title this year!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

There are others of us who hope Drew does well in Dallas...since he's an ex-Bill who did what he could even though it wasn't enough
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway
                  • Jul 2002

Another ****** goes on ignore

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
                    Junior Zoner
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    There are others of us who hope Drew does well in Dallas...since he's an ex-Bill who did what he could even though it wasn't enough
                    Well that's nice to hear man! It wasn't enough is right, but that's what happens when you have incompentent management/coaching. It's like any business in corporate america even, it all starts at the top. And the better Drew does this season, the more nails in donafool's coffin!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era

Why are you giving "anyone" what they want. Talk about something else.
                      Originally posted by notacon
                      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Well that's nice to hear man! It wasn't enough is right, but that's what happens when you have incompentent management/coaching. It's like any business in corporate america even, it all starts at the top. And the better Drew does this season, the more nails in donafool's coffin!
                        I can't blame Donahoe for the release...we just aren't a team built for Drew..so far, Dallas is this year. For his sake, I hope they continue to be.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

He was on this team though, I just think its unfortunate that nobody gives the man the credit he deserves. Do you realize he's on pace to break Troy Aikman's records!!!! A three time superbowl champion!

I will always be a bills fan, but I really miss Drew. I hope he gets his redemption and wins another world title this year!!!
                          Like the one he won riding the pine in NE? Why not talk about the great RJ, since he has as many superbowl rings as Drew.

For somebody who says they are a Bills fan, you sure are bringing up the cowgirls alot. Last I knew Troy Aikman wasn't in the top 5 in any statistical category (http://www.football.com/nfl/records/NFLPassing.shtml), so breaking his records means what exactly?
                          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

The bottom line is, for a majority of his time here, Drew did not play well, and it was his own fault as much as anyone else's. Bad throws. Awful pocket presence. Bad reads. The stats confirm it, observation confirms it, the W-L record confirms it. The truth is, except for a few streaks, he hasn't been a good QB since the late 90s. He feeds on poor opponents and folds against good opponents. To claim otherwise is simply bias, which I can't comprehend for the life of me. No one would be talking about him if not for his warped lovers' trolling. To have such bizarre stupidity posted here constantly makes me dislike Drew; otherwise I wouldn't care.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              The bottom line is, for a majority of his time here, Drew did not play well, and it was his own fault as much as anyone else's. Bad throws. Awful pocket presence. Bad reads. The stats confirm it, observation confirms it, the W-L record confirms it. The truth is, except for a few streaks, he hasn't been a good QB since the late 90s. He feeds on poor opponents and folds against good opponents. To claim otherwise is simply bias, which I can't comprehend for the life of me. No one would be talking about him if not for his warped lovers' trolling. To have such bizarre stupidity posted here constantly makes me dislike Drew; otherwise I wouldn't care.

Comment

Working...
                              X