PDA

View Full Version : THis sucks im gonna get hit by wilma

billsballerc
10-19-2005, 08:16 PM
OH NO not agiain the same thing happend last year i dont wanna get hit with another freiken hurricane. And to make things even worse im gonna miss the Bills game ahhhhhhhhhhh
:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

juice
10-19-2005, 09:37 PM
What category are they forcasting when Wilma hits land?

I'm from Hurricane Alley NC/SC coast boarderline and in my experience it's always better to leave the area Prestorm and return post storm because the storm surge floods everything and can knock the pwr out for up to a month with a Cat 3 or better storm.

Good luck if you ride it out but it might not be a bad time to take a long weekend to visit some friends inland if your in South Florida.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Seriously good luck
I have grandparents in Myers and my father in Holiday.
Unfortunetly they are both to stubborn to leave
I'm pretty nervous for them they are right in the path
My dad actually lives on a lake

Again good luck
you and your family are more important than football

Wait til the fish fans whine over losing to the chiefs if they play in arrowhead, but does it really matter where the play to lose

TigerJ
10-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Wilma is now officially the strongest hurricane ever in the Atlantic basin , and #2 for any hurricane/typhoon/tropical cyclone. Fortunately it is a tiny storm as far as the zone of hurricane force winds is concerned. Hurricane force winds extend out 15 miles from the center of circulation. That means only a thirty mile swath gets those winds. They are saying upper lever wind sheer will weaken it somewhat, but they are not saying how much. You probably need to assume it will come ashore as at least a cat 4 storm. It could also grow larger in diameter by the weekend.

hammerbillsfan
10-19-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weather/tenday/33056?eventid=159502&epc=bi

Demon
10-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah definetly good luck to all who may be affected.

Times like these, i am really happy of living in Western NY and don't mind getting snow....