PDA

View Full Version : Why is everybody underestimating the Raiders??

Bledsoefan4life
10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
The Oakland Raiders are much better than their record shows, why is everyone so quick to underrate them? The Raiders have played:

-Week 1: @ New England, Lost 30-20. Before the rash of injuries to NE and during the incredible home winning streak.
-Week 2: VS Kansas City, Lost 23-17. Held KC to 23 points, lost by only 6 points. TD and extra point and they win.
-Week 3: @Philledelphia, Lost 23-20. Lost by a FG.
-Week 4: VS Dallas, Won 19-13. Beat argueably the best team and QB in the NFC. In fact Studsoe and his high octane offense were stymied for 3 quarters
-Week 5: Bye.
-Week 6: VS San Diego, Lost 27-14. SD is one of the best teams in the NFL. Moss was injured for most of the game.

As you can see the Raiders have had a rediculous schedule but have also beaten possibly the best team in the NFC if not the NFL. This team is MUCH better than what their record shows, most teams would be 0-5 or 1-4 too with that schedule(especially the bills). This is NOT an easy game. Moss being hurt helps a ton, but it won't be enough. I fully expect the raiders to rout buffalo on sunday.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1217712-->

RedEyE
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm not. These guys have the capabilities of exploding at any given second. They're looking to get back on track against Buffalo and there is no better place to do just that then at home.

The way our run defense has been these days, Jordan will probably have 160 yards and 2 TDs.

AndreReed83
10-19-2005, 10:31 PM
I can't even read your message, (first person I've ever ignored, congrats), and I can already tell that the reason most would underestimate the Raiders is because 1) They are 1-4. 2) They have a bad defense. 3) Their best player on offense, Randy Moss, is almost certainly not playing. 4) The Bills already know not to underestimate the Raiders because the Cowboys obviously did. Thanks for the heads up, Bledsoe! The Bills are going to bring their A-game. Plus, the cheeseburgers are back!

Bledsoefan4life
10-19-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm not. These guys have the capabilities of exploding at any given second. They're looking to get back on track against Buffalo and there is no better place to do just that then at home.

The way our run defense has been these days, Jordan will probably have 160 yards and 2 TDs.

yes there is nothign like a game against the bills defense to get back on track sadly...i imagine jordan is licking his chops after seeing what his mentor did on sunday. Curtis Martin had done nothing all year until he got to jump start his season playing the bills pourous run defense. If oakland controls the clock the bills won't have a chance, not that they do to begin with.

I look for Joey Porter to have a huge game as well, he reminds me of dante stallworth and we saw how he abused nate clements all day long.

Captain Obvious
10-19-2005, 10:45 PM
yes there is nothign like a game against the bills defense to get back on track sadly...i imagine jordan is licking his chops after seeing what his mentor did on sunday. Curtis Martin had done nothing all year until he got to jump start his season playing the bills pourous run defense. If oakland controls the clock the bills won't have a chance, not that they do to begin with.

I look for Joey Porter to have a huge game as well, he reminds me of dante stallworth and we saw how he abused nate clements all day long.

Joey Porter doesn't play for the Raiders. Jerry Porter does.

Captain Obvious
10-19-2005, 10:46 PM
The Oakland Raiders are much better than their record shows, why is everyone so quick to underrate them? The Raiders have played:

-Week 1: @ New England, Lost 30-20. Before the rash of injuries to NE and during the incredible home winning streak.
-Week 2: VS Kansas City, Lost 23-17. Held KC to 23 points, lost by only 6 points. TD and extra point and they win.
-Week 4: VS Dallas, Won 19-13. Beat argueably the best team and QB in the NFC. In fact Studsoe and his high octane offense were stymied for 3 quarters
-Week 6: VS San Diego, Lost 27-14. SD is one of the best teams in the NFL. Moss was injured for most of the game.

As you can see the Raiders have had a rediculous schedule but have also beaten possibly the best team in the NFC if not the NFL. This team is MUCH better than what their record shows, most teams would be 0-5 or 1-4 too with that schedule(especially the bills). This is NOT an easy game. Moss being hurt helps a ton, but it won't be enough. I fully expect the raiders to rout buffalo on sunday.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1217712-->

Do the Indianapolis colts and their 6-0 record mean anything to you?

AndreReed83
10-19-2005, 10:55 PM
I think it's funny how Drew boy here gets lambasted on every post he makes, yet somehow, he thinks he's the man or something. LMAO. Cowboys as best team in the NFL? Dude, you have the Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, Falcons, Panthers, and the Jags with similar or better records then the Cowboys. At least half of those teams are better then the Cowboys, who are just starting to get hit by the injury bug. And no, I'm not being biased, I have seen every Dallas game this year. You can argue that they could easily be 5-1, 6-0. The could easily be 1-5, or 2-4. Actually, they were much close to being to the 1-5, 2-4 area, then being 5-1, 6-0. And WILLIS21, go easy on Drew about the Joey Porter thing. Dudsoe has been hit so often, I think we should commend him for at least getting the correct LETTER in his first name. Good job.

Iehoshua
10-19-2005, 10:58 PM

I can't wait til midnight! :up:

:bigwave:

Bledsoefan4life
10-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Do the Indianapolis colts and their 6-0 record mean anything to you?

Yes, the colts suck they have an easy schedule and will no doubt finish 13-3 or better because they play NOBODY...another pretender Bledstud will make look stupid if they make it to the superbowl. In fact I remember Drew used to own manning back when the colts were still in the afc east. Drew must like playing the manning family, he alway seems to school them.

Bledsoefan4life
10-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I think it's funny how Drew boy here gets lambasted on every post he makes, yet somehow, he thinks he's the man or something. LMAO. Cowboys as best team in the NFL? Dude, you have the Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, Falcons, Panthers, and the Jags with similar or better records then the Cowboys. At least half of those teams are better then the Cowboys, who are just starting to get hit by the injury bug. And no, I'm not being biased, I have seen every Dallas game this year. You can argue that they could easily be 5-1, 6-0. The could easily be 1-5, or 2-4. Actually, they were much close to being to the 1-5, 2-4 area, then being 5-1, 6-0. And WILLIS21, go easy on Drew about the Joey Porter thing. Dudsoe has been hit so often, I think we should commend him for at least getting the correct LETTER in his first name. Good job.

Jerry Porter...whatever. Yes the cowboys could easily be 6-0, or they could be 0-6...woulda, coulda, shoulda...means nothing this team is a juggernaut and is starting to click on all 3 phases of the game. Studsoe was carrying the offense early, now the defense has come into their own the last few weeks against two of the leagues best offensive teams. Next up, another powerhouse in seattle. Also Jose 'Baby' Cortez is starting to make clutch kicks.

I'm continuously amazed at how well Parcell's coached teams come together, but the bigger story this season is Drew Bledsoe being the frontrunner for league MVP. :king:

drfunk
10-20-2005, 02:58 AM
YO, WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM DUDE??? YOU COPY AND PASTED MY POST ON BUFFALOBILLS.COM FORUM AND DON'T EVEN GIVE ME CREDIT? COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS INSTEAD OF CLAIMING OTHERS THOUGHTS FOR YOUR OWN.

YardRat
10-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Either the caps lock is stuck, or drfunk is really pissed.

SABURZFAN
10-20-2005, 06:53 AM
The Oakland Raiders are much better than their record shows, why is everyone so quick to underrate them?

give me some links from around here and i'll set these people straight.until then, :stfu:

SABURZFAN
10-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Either the caps lock is stuck, or drfunk is really pissed.

i bet he's pissed.he should be. :mad:

mysticsoto
10-20-2005, 08:01 AM

I hope Jordan is licking his chops seeing what his mentor did on Sunday - and that was LOSE THE GAME! Jordan is welcome to follow in his footsteps...

Philagape
10-20-2005, 08:03 AM
YO, WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM DUDE??? YOU COPY AND PASTED MY POST ON BUFFALOBILLS.COM FORUM AND DON'T EVEN GIVE ME CREDIT? COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS INSTEAD OF CLAIMING OTHERS THOUGHTS FOR YOUR OWN.

Wow ... that doesn't surprise me at all. The last Drew lover we had here was a plagiarist too (probably the same person). It makes sense, because the lack of intelligence it takes to love Drew that much would also mean being incapable of coming up with original, logical ideas.

BLOchieF7
10-20-2005, 08:17 AM
One
Lamont Jordan is not gonna run all over us. martin didn't even run all over us, we were killing the jets and in the second half we were playing pass and gave him 2 runs for 90 yards, if we stay true like we did in the first half to martin jordan will not do a dam thing, collins and porter are overrated, and clements will be all over jerry, mcgee will shut down anyone else, holcomb will just go in manage the game throw for about 200 yards while mcgahee runs all through that poor defense for 150+, Bledslow, u dont know a dam thing

Captain Obvious
10-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes, the colts suck they have an easy schedule and will no doubt finish 13-3 or better because they play NOBODY...another pretender Bledstud will make look stupid if they make it to the superbowl. In fact I remember Drew used to own manning back when the colts were still in the afc east. Drew must like playing the manning family, he alway seems to school them.

Yeah that 4-3 win/loss record against Peyton is really schooling him. Remember Drew's last game against INdy in 2003 in RWS when Drew thru a pick in the last minute as the bills were driving for the game winning TD?

colin
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
raiders can't stop us, and we will take the ball away from them 3 times or more.

Buckets
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks Bledsoefan4life, we were wondering when the troll would show up to assure us of the win.

pintonick96
10-20-2005, 12:49 PM

Moss is their offense, just as he was in Minnesota. Lamont Jordan has only disappointed. The defense is terrible without Napolean Harris, and good thing Kerry Collins went to Penn State or I might have mentioned that he's a worthless drunk who sucks at life.

justasportsfan
10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
No one should underestimate anyone and look beyond any game ahead. Now, let's talk about the NE game , I hope Teddy doesn't play. He'll get the team and fans all fired up. :D.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Jerry Porter...whatever. Yes the cowboys could easily be 6-0, or they could be 0-6...woulda, coulda, shoulda...means nothing this team is a juggernaut and is starting to click on all 3 phases of the game. Studsoe was carrying the offense early, now the defense has come into their own the last few weeks against two of the leagues best offensive teams. Next up, another powerhouse in seattle. :lmao:

I'm continuously amazed at how well Parcell's coached teams come together, but the bigger story this season is Drew Bledsoe being the frontrunner for league MVP. :king:

Cortez is Clutch??????

He stinks
If he was so clutch I don't think he would have a 78.8 %
That game against NYG shouldn't have even gone into OT if he was so clutch
he missed two field goals yeah they were 49, 48 but a clutch player can hit them that shows he isn't even 50/50
YEAH I KNOW BUT HE GOT THE WINNER

anything over 40 forget about it he is a 50/50 gamble and he isn't even that
someone I wuldn't want to rely on

You are a trip my man

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Back to my "CLUTCH CORTEZ"
The "CLUTCHMAN" missed 41yrder against Wash(WEEK 2) Dallass's loss 13-14 REAL CLUTCH ThERE Huh
WEEK 3 Dallas just about lost to the lowly 9ers cortez missed a extra point!!!!!!
WOW week 4 he hit two FG with the longest 30 yards, but they still lost to OAKLAND
WEEK5 WOW he was on FIRE this week SIGN HIM UP!!!! He even had a 45YRDR
LETS SEE WEEK 7 you know the game will be tight, but indoors come on
lets see clutch man come to the ralph or watch him choke on any outdoor game

OK enough of this
the guy sucks come one man
admit it
I'm not sure were the "Baby" comes from?
you mentioned "Baby Cortez"
Does he cry when he misses so many fieldgoals?

He for HIS lifetime is a 73.9 in FG (47 GAMES)

That is TERRIBLE
Where is the name "Clutch" on Cortez?
Maybe Baby is fitting because he needs to grow up and learn how to kick fieldgoals
Clutch for over 40YDS FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

mysticsoto
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
No one should underestimate anyone and look beyond any game ahead. Now, let's talk about the NE game , I hope Teddy doesn't play. He'll get the team and fans all fired up. :D.

I heard Seymour might be back also for that game...

Historian
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Keep in mind the Bills haven't won in Oakland since 1966. Yes, they're due...but something about that stadium is cursed....like a Pet Sematary for Football Fans.

:down:

finsrclowns
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Oakland is a penalty machine. Oakland has an OC dressed up as a HC. Oakland is without it's best player. I doubt they win more than 4 games this year. The Bills take this one but it is a road game so it will be close. Call it 20-17 Buffalo.