PDA

View Full Version : Spikes itching to recover from torn Achilles' tendon

The Spaz
10-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Takeo Spikes is still on crutches. It's been only three weeks since he had surgery to repair a torn right Achilles' tendon, and he just visited the doctor to get the cast removed.

So naturally, the Buffalo Bills' two-time Pro Bowl linebacker is already thinking about the playoffs.

No, not next season. This one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-spikes&prov=ap&type=lgns

Typ0
10-20-2005, 04:28 AM
Good read. I hope he's right.

Pride
10-20-2005, 07:02 AM
He's a little looney... I sure as hell hope he takes all of the time needed for his injury to heal... rushing it back could mean we lose him forever... not just this season.

He needs to think of the bigger picture.

Tatonka
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
i cant believe he knew it was ripped and played anyway.

Iehoshua
10-20-2005, 08:34 AM
You could almost tell, when he went down, he knew what happened. That explains it...

chubluv
10-20-2005, 08:36 AM
adrenine does weird things to players. You hear it all the time as to how they play with an injury because half the time they dont know one has accured.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-20-2005, 09:11 AM
he was at the Jets game last sunday he was in a golf cart and he took part in the coin toss

BAM
10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
You could almost tell, when he went down, he knew what happened. That explains it...

I noticed that too.

OpIv37
10-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Super Bowl? Anyone else find it odd that he mentions how the team is struggling then also mentions that he'll be ready to play in the Super Bowl?

It's wishful thinking on two counts- the Bills being in the Super Bowl and Spikes being back to play. Seriously, the team may be turning the corner, but even if we do make the playoffs, it would be a team with almost no playoff experience going on the road against teams like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Chargers etc. This team isn't anywhere close to Super Bowl caliber.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-20-2005, 10:23 AM
That confirms what I have seen from Spikes this year - he's not as explosive as he was last year, and I have mentioned that I thought he dissapeared in the Bucs game.

Playing hurt is one thing; being able to make play is another.

I admire Spikes and consider him the most talented Bill the last two years, but we may find out that having Crowell playing now maybe better for the Bills than Spike playing hurt all season for us, assuming Crowell continue to improve based on his last three games.

The last buffalo fan
10-20-2005, 10:50 AM
The guy is honoring his name, WARRIOR. His is nothing but heart, like many guys on the team said before, if I have to go to war, he is the only one that I'll like to go with. He is our heart and soul, not only in the defense, but in the entire team, I really would love to have him back next Sunday, not until playoff, hopefully and with God's help, he'll recover well so he could finish his carrer in Buffalo. That's why in wearing so proud, his jersey almost at every game, our best FA shop so far ever.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 10:52 AM
The problem I have with this is that he knew it was a problem and could have rested it but chose to play instead. Now we have lost him for the season, when it is possible he could have rested for even a couple months and we would have had him later.

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
we are going to lose him forever...he'll never give it the time

ublinkwescore
10-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I should neg you for that one FBH.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:53 AM
YES HE WILL!

Earthquake Enyart
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
The problem I have with this is that he knew it was a problem and could have rested it but chose to play instead. Now we have lost him for the season, when it is possible he could have rested for even a couple months and we would have had him later.
He'd be a sissy like Mike Williams if he sat out.

The last buffalo fan
10-20-2005, 12:29 PM

Why a beatiful and smart lady, close to become a professional in medicine care, is talking like this, c'mon linda, give us some hopes (some love could work too:rose:)!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 12:44 PM
He'd be a sissy like Mike Williams if he sat out.
I don't think anyone would be calling him a sissy for sitting out with a torn achilles.

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry but i have just seen it happen a million times

pintonick96
10-20-2005, 12:46 PM

She might be right, she might be wrong. People said McGahee worked himself too hard.

But to all the people thinking TKO is gonna come back and start for us your ****ing ******ed. He's gonna be like LaVar Arrington last year. Only play a few plays. Come on people.

If anyone hasn't noticed, Arrington is my favorite football player ever.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
She might be right, she might be wrong. People said McGahee worked himself too hard.

But to all the people thinking TKO is gonna come back and start for us your ****ing ******ed. He's gonna be like LaVar Arrington last year. Only play a few plays. Come on people.

If anyone hasn't noticed, Arrington is my favorite football player ever.
Oh I definitly think that TKO will come back and be a starter for us. Will he be able to perform at his former level is a different story.

LtBillsFan66
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
:stfu:

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
i cant believe he knew it was ripped and played anyway.

What do you mean he knew it was ripped and played?
I'm not being a smart ass, but I thought he went down and that was it?

MAybe I'm missing something with your wording

Someone said in the thread They hope he doesn't rush it

ME TOOOOOO

I wonder how he is feeling about CINCY doing so hot right now

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 01:07 PM
It said right in the article that he had knowledge that it was slightly torn and kept playing.

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 01:10 PM
o gee sorry....looking at it from a medical point a view and knowing the how players think AND i messed up my knee when i was in 9th grade while playing soccer and went back too soon and ****ed it up worse...it dosnt look good for tko

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-20-2005, 01:22 PM
wow I guess I missed a link somewhere
I didn't know he knew about a tear

Couldn't we agree for a professional that was rather dumb to play like that?
screw the greed
now He might be in worse shape

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
it dosnt look good for tko
Yes it does.

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 01:27 PM
how!!! he has a very bad injury and hes already talking about how much he wants to get back on the field, an arrogant guy like him is going to try to go back sooner then he should.

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2005, 01:31 PM

I think this is pretty much accurate. He'll try to come back next season but just won't have the same speed or ability to react and cut with the action.

I hope I'm wrong, but IMO his chances of being a starter on the Bills again (or any team for that matter) are very, very slim.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 01:37 PM
how!!! he has a very bad injury and hes already talking about how much he wants to get back on the field, an arrogant guy like him is going to try to go back sooner then he should.
He is fine.

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 01:45 PM
No he's not!!! Go read up on the injury then tell me he is fine!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Just read up. He is good to go.

juice
10-20-2005, 01:50 PM
i cant believe he knew it was ripped and played anyway.If tests were run and revealed a minor tear then the Staff and Trainers should've made that call anyway, it's not like the tendon was gonna heal during the season with the type of strain a LBer puts on it.

As a professional athlete it was up to TKO to realize he had an injury and have the tests to see if it was a minor injury that could turn into a major injury.. as Pro Trainers their responsibility at that point is to alert the Coaching staff of the potential problem and effect on the athletes health.

The coaching Staff should then assess the down time the injury could cause and if it can wait to be repaired in the off season, or if simply resting it 6wks will resolve the problem.

Since this staff doesn't release info such as extents of injuries to the public or media, there's no way to know who was at fault in letting the situation escalate to season ending surgery, but since the tests were run and the staff knew about the injury the final call was the coaching staff's to make and apparently they lost on this gamble.

20 yrs of experience is hard to replace with the loss of Rusty Jones in the off season and I felt that losing Jones would cost the Bills at least a couple of games this year.. lets just hope it hasn't cost us the season with the loss of Spikes.

Jan Reimers
10-20-2005, 02:56 PM
With the wonders of modern medicine, and Takeo's will to be a great player again, I think he'll be starting for us - and very effectively - next season.

MarvLevy
10-20-2005, 03:33 PM
``I'll be back next year, 2006, better than ever,'' Spikes said.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 03:36 PM
I dont know what FBH was talking about... He is good to go.

ArcticWildMan
10-20-2005, 03:47 PM
As a former player, MM should have known that TKO would push it when he needed rest.

IF MM knew about his tendon being partially torn and he still let him play, he needs to be shown the door. Any coach that risks a player like that with a known injury that could be career ending, is a coach I don't want running my team.

Michael82
10-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Uhhh, he was put on IR. He can NOT come back this season. He won't be able to come back until next season. Therefore, I'm not worried about him rushing back.

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
I dont know what FBH was talking about... He is good to go. how is he good to go!?

The last buffalo fan
10-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I know the shouldas, couldas do not exist. But let's face it, I know that all of you (included my love FBH), that had played any sport, at any level, can't wait to play the game, if you are not ready to go. If you said yes, you are liars or lying. So, how about a guy who is getting paid to do it, that likes what he is doing, and that could even die for just a win. If he had that information, which he is telling he had it, sooner or later the injury bug will appear, and could finish with his season. The question is, what you guys would do it??? The guy is a winner and wants to win all the time, it that bad? Hell no. Does his attitude will help him out in his rehab?? YES, it will help a lot. Technology, modern medicine, profesional approach and desire is all what he needs, and my guess is EVERYTHING is right there people.

pintonick96
10-20-2005, 09:37 PM
From Any Given Sunday:

Who am I to tell these men they cannot live their dream? They will not live with shame like you. They are gladiators, they are warriors and long ago they made that choice-not you, not you, not me and I am not gonna take responsibilty for standing between them. Didnt you ever have a dream Ollie? Im living it.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:42 PM
how is he good to go!?
Listen why are you arguing with me?

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 11:43 PM
cuz your wrong

STAMPY
10-20-2005, 11:48 PM
don't mess with thurm, he's my boy

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 11:53 PM
yeah i like him too but he is dead ass wrong on this one

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks stamps.

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Stamps is crashing at my place for the Denver game!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Dude I saw TKO at Farhetys break dancing he is fine!

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 11:55 PM
kiss my butt, no hes not!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:56 PM
How much you wanna bet?

footballhottie
10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
like my life on it

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Yep

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Dont make me walk over to gates circle!

footballhottie
10-21-2005, 12:05 AM
dude if spikes is ok i will have sex with every guy on this site...twice

sba
10-21-2005, 12:10 AM

You poor thing. :private:

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Not necessary, but the dude is fine. Trust me.

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2005, 08:00 AM
I have seen his MRI.

mysticsoto
10-21-2005, 08:27 AM

Define OK...

pintonick96
10-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Every guy on this website is praying for spikes to heal fast.

BTW, shotgun on going first.

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I am praying just because I want the Bills to win!

The last buffalo fan
10-21-2005, 11:28 AM

If not..........only once!!!! :cry:

The last buffalo fan
10-21-2005, 11:30 AM
kiss my butt, no hes not!!!!!

Hey Thurm, please don't worry....I'll gladly do it!!!!

footballhottie
10-21-2005, 11:48 AM
i love that guy!!! Hey lastbuffalofan! :wave:

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Listen I am not into sloppy seconds or sloppy hundreds in this case.

The last buffalo fan
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
i love that guy!!! Hey lastbuffalofan! :wave:

Hola preciosa!!! Still looking for your picture, so I can have you at work, as computer wallpaper. I'm sure I'll get a good one from Mikey. :cloud9:

SquishDaFish
10-21-2005, 05:17 PM
All I ask is CAN I BE FIRST? j/k