• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Anyone else tired of the lame...

player intros?

At least a few weeks ago, they announced each defensive player to fire and sparklers....

For the jets game.. they just announced the whole offensive unit...

Talk about BOOOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!

When will they understand that there is an art to getting the crowd involved.... look at the sunday/monday night games... they always have something special going on to get the crowd involved!

Buffalo needs a wake up call!
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anyone else tired of the lame...

Thank you, Pride! I have been saying this all along. They always have done individual player intros and then for the last year or two, they went to introducing units. I was so glad they went back to introducing the players individually, but then they changed it again the last 2 weeks.

Don't they realize that the crowd really gets into it when they call each player one by one? They really make the place loud when Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Eric Moulds and others come out on their own and can add their own entrance to it. That stadium is always rocking from the individual introductions. I have no idea why they decided to go back to the cheesy unit intros. But I don't like it.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Just 1 more disappointment from the Stadium Experience in Orchard Park... I think people are starting to realize that Buffalo is NOT a great football experience... many stadiums around the league understand that flashiness can fill the seats during a bad season...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

First off the crowd doesn't need any gay fireworks and crap to get going.

What are you talking about stadium experience? I am there to watch football and spill the occasional beer on Phil. I don't want all that MTV, flashy mumbo jumbo! I could care less how they introduce the players.

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

So you are ok with the removal of the Jumbotron? Music? Flyovers after the National Anthem? Blue Seating?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            What are you talking about stadium experience? I am there to watch football and spill the occasional beer on Phil. I don't want all that MTV, flashy mumbo jumbo! I could care less how they introduce the players.

agreed, but unfortunately this is 21st century America and too many people value style over substance. Seriously, we don't need the kind of fans who will show up to see a ****ty football team because they have fireworks and a good sound system. We need the kind of fans who show up during a ****ty season because it's still their team.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              So you are ok with the removal of the Jumbotron? Music? Flyovers after the National Anthem? Blue Seating?
              I am ok with everything being removed but the Jumbo tron because it aids me in seeing the game since I sit in the endzone.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                agreed, but unfortunately this is 21st century America and too many people value style over substance. Seriously, we don't need the kind of fans who will show up to see a ****ty football team because they have fireworks and a good sound system. We need the kind of fans who show up during a ****ty season because it's still their team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

the Jumbotron is an enhancement for watching the game- you can't see the whole field from every seat so the Jumbotron is a big help. Also, I doubt you can get the players to re-enact plays, so the Jumbotron is a necessity for replays.

Flyovers are cool but a waste of taxpayer money. I could do without them. The stadium's seats should be the team colors. They have to paint them some color and one color costs the same as the next.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                    • Feb 2003

I agree with Thurm. All that other stuff is to get non-football fans attention.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Whats up man! How you been?

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

I disagree with some of you. The problem Buffalo has is the lack of people turning out for games... or the length of time it takes to turn out for games. A fan who is there for the game AND the style/ambiance is just as important as the fan who is only there for the on the field action.

Support is support... do you think that every fan who helps to sell out Gillette is a die hard fan who hates the extra entertainment at the game? Hardly.

My point is, without the total experience that other stadiums have... Buffalo wont be around long enough to compete with them. If I (personally) were not a bills fan, and had the choice to watch a game at the Ralph or one in Baltimore.. the choice is easy... Baltimore offers a MUCH better entertainment experience.

I know I will be bashed by the "loyalists" who prefer just football on the field... but the fact is... without the extra entertainment, the bills wont be around much longer.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                          • Feb 2003

I disagree with some of you. The problem Buffalo has is the lack of people turning out for games... or the length of time it takes to turn out for games. A fan who is there for the game AND the style/ambiance is just as important as the fan who is only there for the on the field action.

Support is support... do you think that every fan who helps to sell out Gillette is a die hard fan who hates the extra entertainment at the game? Hardly.

My point is, without the total experience that other stadiums have... Buffalo wont be around long enough to compete with them. If I (personally) were not a bills fan, and had the choice to watch a game at the Ralph or one in Baltimore.. the choice is easy... Baltimore offers a MUCH better entertainment experience.

I know I will be bashed by the "loyalists" who prefer just football on the field... but the fact is... without the extra entertainment, the bills wont be around much longer.

I have been to two games in Baltimore. Not a difference that I noticed.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I hear you to a point- there are definitely things that the Bills can do better (and you've mentioned some of these before): better replays on the Jumbotron, a dedicated out-of-town scoreboard, having the television feed on the monitors by the concession stands instead of the lame Jumbotron feed that doesn't tell down/yards to go/time remaining etc. They also should improve the audio for the 100 and 200 levels- you can't hear the refs at all down there.

Oh and that stupid bus race thing has got to go. That is the lamest excuse for TV timeout entertainment I've ever seen. Even the Barnes commercials are better- at least then we can laugh at the glare that the fill light creates on his bald head.

But at the same time, do you really think it will attract that many more "casual" fans? The cheapest seats at RWS are $47 (still a good deal compared to other teams *cough- Redskins- *cough). Is someone who doesn't care about football- or only cares a little- going to pay that much because the Ralph adds some replays and pyrotechnics? I doubt it. There were a lot of cool things about the way Baltimore does it, but if I heard that "we must protect this house" garbage one more time I was gonna start kicking Ravens fans down the stadium stairs. A little bit of "flash" is cool, but at some point it becomes a distraction from the game.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                              • Feb 2003

Whats up man! How you been?

Hey Bro. Been "going hard" as usual. The announce my name as I enter the bars and then fireworks go off.

Sorry Pride, had to.

Comment

Working...
                              X