PDA

View Full Version : DevilPaul's Week 7 Picks

DynaPaul
10-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Last week I was 8 - 5, a so-so record. On the season I'm 33 - 22.

Kansas City at Miami: I'm looking for the Chiefs to catch up to Denver a little while squishing the Fish. Kansas City.

Detroit at Cleveland: This will be a battle but I think the Browns take this one at home. Cleveland.

Green Bay at Minnesota: Favre seems to be on a roll while the Vikes are on sex cruises. Green Bay.

Indianapolis at Houston: There's no way the pathetic Texans become the team to end the Colts' winning streak. Indianapolis.

New Orleans at St. Louis: Bulger is out, the Saints have a lot of injuries but I think they win this week after losing at the last second last week. New Orleans.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: The Steelers without Big Ben drop another one. Cincinnati.

San Diego at Philadelphia: The Bolts keep rolling against a weakened and bickering Eagles team. San Diego.

San Francisco at Washington: The 49ers fall to the Skins. Washington.

Dallas at Seattle: This looks like a shootout, I like the Seahawks at home. Seattle.

Baltimore at Chicago: I think the Bears at home can take the Ravens. Chicago.

Buffalo at Oakland: We're on a roll and the cheeseburgers are hot. Buffalo.

Denver at N.Y. Giants: I think the Broncos can really take advantage of a weak Giants defense with the power running. Denver.

Tennessee at Arizona: The Cardinals pull one out. Arizona.

N.Y. Jets at Atlanta: Vinny's magic continues to fade against the Falcons. Atlanta.

:calm:

Lexwhat
10-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Last week I was 8 - 5, a so-so record. On the season I'm 33 - 22.

Kansas City at Miami: I'm looking for the Chiefs to catch up to Denver a little while squishing the Fish. Kansas City.

Detroit at Cleveland: This will be a battle but I think the Browns take this one at home. Cleveland.

Green Bay at Minnesota: Favre seems to be on a roll while the Vikes are on sex cruises. Green Bay.

Indianapolis at Houston: There's no way the pathetic Texans become the team to end the Colts' winning streak. Indianapolis.

New Orleans at St. Louis: Bulger is out, the Saints have a lot of injuries but I think they win this week after losing at the last second last week. New Orleans.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: The Steelers without Big Ben drop another one. Cincinnati.

San Diego at Philadelphia: The Bolts keep rolling against a weakened and bickering Eagles team. San Diego.

San Francisco at Washington: The 49ers fall to the Skins. Washington.

Dallas at Seattle: This looks like a shootout, I like the Seahawks at home. Seattle.

Baltimore at Chicago: I think the Bears at home can take the Ravens. Chicago.

Buffalo at Oakland: We're on a roll and the cheeseburgers are hot. Buffalo.

Denver at N.Y. Giants: I think the Broncos can really take advantage of a weak Giants defense with the power running. Denver.

Tennessee at Arizona: The Cardinals pull one out. Arizona.

N.Y. Jets at Atlanta: Vinny's magic continues to fade against the Falcons. Atlanta.

:calm:

Kansas City at Miami: I think KC will play hard, but Miami is angry. Miami.

Detroit at Cleveland: Detroit cant find its identity on offense, so i pick Cleveland.

Green Bay at Minnesota: Game of lame ducks. Vikings are a problem, but I can never trust GB's defense. Minnesota.

Indianapolis at Houston: No explanation needed. Indianapolis.

New Orleans at St. Louis: This one is tough to call, especially with the inconsistent New Orleans team. But without Bulger, i pick New Orleans.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: Big Ben might play? Regardless, I wouldnt go against the Bengals even if Ben is playing. Cincinnati.

San Diego at Philadelphia: This will be a good game. But I dont think the Eagles will drop another one at home. Philadelphia.

San Francisco at Washington: 49ers are weak, easy win for Washington.

Dallas at Seattle: I also like Seahawks at home. Seattle.

Baltimore at Chicago: Chicago just needs decent QB play and will win this one. Chicago.

Buffalo at Oakland: I am scared of Lamont Jordan. But I think Willis will have a big day too. No Moss will be a big factor. Buffalo.

Denver at N.Y. Giants: Denver is my surprise team of this year. I think they can pull off a victory on the road. Denver.

Tennessee at Arizona: Another lame game. But I like Steve McNair. Tennessee.

N.Y. Jets at Atlanta: Vinny, you are too old. Atlanta.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Interesting
last week I was 10/14 them OT games hurt me
This week I think I'm going to do terrible. Some of the games are to tight with small factors that can give the other team the edge
This is addressing Devil Paul and LEXWHAT
We all Like Cleveland, Detroit is to unpredictable IS Garcia going to start or not that could be a factor, Whats up with Kevin Jones
GB-MIN I pick GB along with Devil Paul. Honestly Minnesota is in shambles
Indy- Houston We all like Indy You know sometimes I feel when it comes to point spreads etc that sports are fixed. Watch Houston win LOL. Hey I know you can't come close to comparison with St Louis , but damn they came out and shut down Indy until Bulger got stupid. Can you believe that Manning has only been sacked like 3 times this year. Wow when was the last time we had a stat like that for the Bills
KC-Miami KC Devil Paul also . Man this game is going to be nuts. A friday game a possibility of torential weather It really is anyones game. If wind prevails down to the ground it goes and you know KC has some studs with BIG Johnson and John Holmes
St Louis -NO you guys both picked NO. I went with St Louis. I read maybe to much on this game, but I recall a quote by some coach or whatever from St Louis saying Martin was born into St Louis and No one knows the plays better than him. Did you see him toss that 50+ pass to Curtis on his opening drive against Indy. All in all his numbers outside of the INT's were OK I don't think Brooks has what it takes. Horn Is out if I'm not mistaken RB problems(oops too late I forgot about Smith, I didn't read enough ). St Louis has too many weapons and can make Martin look like a very good Qb if the ball is close and not in the other mans hands "Obviously"
Here is that coaches quote-
St. Louis interim coach Joe Vitt, who filling in for the indefinitely absent Martz, is comfortable with Martin leading the offense.
"I will say this: Jamie Martin was born and raised in this system, and knows the system as good as anybody," Vitt said.
Cincy-Pitt We all Picked Cincy This game I feel is the hardest to pick read some of the numbers Ben and Carson have against each other The QB RATINGS ARE CRAZY. I didn't know how to pick this. I felt home turf means a ton and even though Pitts RB core is way to overpowering If cincy can pressure big Ben early to show his knee isn't 100% we'll see a lot of Air let out of the Pittburgh hopefuls and players sails
SD-Philly I along with DP picked SD. I flipped a coin for this one. Is Mcnabb GTG? I think SD is a superbowl contenter and have put it into high gear especially after last weeks game Yes I know it was against OAKLAND, but seriously I think SD is Good. Hopefully there won't be some inter personal squabbling among their Qb's over who is the present, future etc Rivers seems like a ***** . Again I read to much There is some interesting theories on why SD traded for Feely etc. It's all about salaries etc
WASH-SF We all picked WASH WASH has the hottest numbers as of late with Brunell and for SF this is a waxing in the making Moss_ Portis should have HUGE games
Seattle-Dallass We all picked the Hawks Is it really because deep down we all hate the cowboys for the superbowls years LMAO I know I do and will for LIFE. I guess with Flozell Adams out this spells major problems for Drew and his blindside. What Jones's Status? Hasselback and Shawn are clicking
Balt-Chic I pick Balt you guys both went for Chic huh. Hmm interesting. Why did I pick them? Their Defense I guess? But their Ofense sucks 12ppg Cicago is awesome on D also Thomas had a great week(bastard screwed me for starting instead of Benson ) but I think they can contain him. Total crap shoot. I may regret this one
DAMMIT and its a soldier field UUUGH to late to change:cry:
Buffalo- Oak We all hopefully didn't go with our HEARTS. "Lamont Jordan"-Enough Said
Den-NYG again we all picked the same DENVER Manning is still to young and it will showed with the DENVER D breathing down his neck all game
ARI-Tenn DP and I picked ARIZONA WHy did I? Not sure QB controversy Mccown is doing quite well actually, but we all know if the Kurt Warner of old shows up especially with Fitz and Boldin it could be a long day for old man Mcnair the one man show
Finally ALT-JETS We all again picked the same Atlanta Is it similar to the Cowboy thing we all hate the JETS??? Someone on a post I think called Vinny old man green balls ROFLMA&BO. If Willis can so can Dunn. Martin is about it for them period
so men it's like this
we all picked the same teams with
CLEVE-INDY-CINCY-WASH-SEATTLE-BUFF-DEN-ATLANTA (eight 8 teams)
This makes it interesting
Then Devil Paul and I picked the same teams with GB-KC-SD-ARIZ (four 4 Teams)
LEXWHAT went with MInn-Miami-Philly-Tenn
This leaves me with the Baltimore-Chicago, St Louis -New Orleans games to decide bragging rights to week 7's picks
I suck at math so who knows
Hey we should start our own show like inside ther NFL had LOL:chat:
O well hey thanks for helping me pass the time guys
Good Luck to you both
Pressure is on you Lex due to your stellar performance last week:king:

Lexwhat
10-20-2005, 10:17 PM
...Hey we should start our own show like inside ther NFL had LOL:chat:
Good Luck to you both

hahahha, good looks man. But I dont what you mean by my stellar performance last week? Gettin me confused with someone else perhaps?

Anyways, yes it should be good. Pressure is certainly on me. I picked 4 teams that neither of you guys picked. And you both picked 2 teams that neither myself nor DevilPaul picked.

We'll have to see how it goes. But this week is really tight. A lot of games I had a tough time deciding.

Good luck!

doomsdayvirus
10-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Last week I was 8 - 5 ...

again with the math!

8 + 5 = 13

there were 14 games last week.

come on dude... :lmao:

Gunzlingr
10-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Kansas City at Miami: KC

Detroit at Cleveland: This will be a battle, but it looks like KJ may ride the pine. Cleveland.

Green Bay at Minnesota: Farve can make something out of nothing, tho the GB is weak. Fortunately both sides of MN's game are anemic. GB

Indianapolis at Houston: Indianapolis.

New Orleans at St. Louis: Rams will miss Bulger more than NO misses Horn. Aints

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: The Steelers were humbled last week, I think they stick to the ground, and take home the V. Pitt.

San Diego at Philadelphia: The Eagles can't afford to drop another one at home. Philly.

San Francisco at Washington: Washington.

Dallas at Seattle: Seahawks are a more rounded team IMO, and it is about midway through the season for the Cowpie QB + Adams out + Jones' uncertain status = Cowgirl disgrace. Seattle

Baltimore at Chicago: Ravens D has been disappointing at best. Chicago at home.

Buffalo at Oakland: Raiders has been sliding, Buffalo climbing. I think the momentum continues. Bills.

Denver at N.Y. Giants: I really don't know who to pick. I am leaning towards Denver, but they are do for a letdown. Upset pick NYG.

Tennessee at Arizona: Racker's foot has to be getting sore, Tennessee lights them up. Tenn

N.Y. Jets at Atlanta: The relic has lost what little luster he had, and now only dust remains on his fossilized career. Atlanta

JMO.

DynaPaul
10-21-2005, 03:58 PM
again with the math!

8 + 5 = 13

there were 14 games last week.

come on dude... :lmao:

Ooops, you're right. Actually I was 9 - 5!

DynaPaul
10-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I suck at math so who knows
Hey we should start our own show like inside ther NFL had LOL:chat:
Good Luck to you both

I thought it was a tough week to pick overall, there were definitely some games I really had to think about. It could go either. One of us will pan out with our picks and someone will bomb. Any given Sunday. I agree with the show idea, we'll do a Billszone Pick Zone thing or something. Ha ha...

doomsdayvirus
10-23-2005, 09:44 AM
I thought it was a tough week to pick overall, there were definitely some games I really had to think about. It could go either. One of us will pan out with our picks

usually me.

and someone will bomb.

usually you.

:trout:

just bustin' on ya nucka, you'll probably school me this week.

i'll see ya at kickoff today!!

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Paul, Lex

WTF huh!

Man O Man what a weekend
No matter who picked who if my math is right we all currently are 6-7 and we all picked ATL for tonight

Man the Min game sucked how long was that FG 56? Damnn Lex picked it
The Bills crushed our hearts again
Stinkin Philly on na last minute Block Lex again!
WOW did Pitts dominate or what?
Anyways
This week really screwed me for rankings in some pools
I'm hoping Atlanta doesn't let me down

Talk to you soon

DynaPaul
10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Paul, Lex

WTF huh!

Man O Man what a weekend
No matter who picked who if my math is right we all currently are 6-7 and we all picked ATL for tonight

Man the Min game sucked how long was that FG 56? Damnn Lex picked it
The Bills crushed our hearts again
Stinkin Philly on na last minute Block Lex again!
WOW did Pitts dominate or what?
Anyways
This week really screwed me for rankings in some pools
I'm hoping Atlanta doesn't let me down

Talk to you soon

Yeah man, I think we all got screwed on those last minute victory games like San Diego and Denver. At least I know I did.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Where was Doomsday Viruses pick's?

Hey Gunzlinger you did good if I did the calculations correctly 9-4
We all are going with ATLANTA tonight
Either way Gunzlinger seemed to do the best
WAY TO GO

Come back next week and lets see and hear why you pick who

doomsdayvirus
10-25-2005, 08:55 AM

my thread is around here somewhere. i ended up 10-4 again this week, making it 4 weeks in a row.

i'd rather it was 14-0, but what are the odd's of that?

Gunzlingr
10-25-2005, 10:07 AM

Hey Gunzlinger you did good if I did the calculations correctly 9-4
We all are going with ATLANTA tonight
Either way Gunzlinger seemed to do the best
WAY TO GO

Come back next week and lets see and hear why you pick who

cool! :bravo: