PDA

View Full Version : 1050 ESPN Radio

MarvLevy
10-21-2005, 08:42 AM
During the preseason this guy predicted the Jets would beat the Bills 2x during the 2005 season. Of course I almost drove off the side of the road while listening, so I called in.

Here is what I wrote him this week...oh, with his sarcastic reply...

All Zoners can bombard him if need be at..

Paul@1050espnradio.com

ps. He is called "St.Paul" by Espn...

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:24:09 EDT

>Oh Saint Paul.........
>
>I believe my Bills defeated the lowly JETS who were predicted on your "NY
>football special" to beat the Bills 2x this season(sweep is to come on Jan.1).
>Are you going to blame that on injuries or simply give my Bills their due.
>Your Giants don't look too bad either...but let's not forget which team is the
>only to really play in NY. Take Care PD.
>
>
>
>Brian from Paterson.

His reply....

Hi,

To be honest -- the training camp statement I made about the Jets included a disclaimer that said "If Pennington remains healthy".....Obviously, conditions have changed since opening day......On last Sunday morning's show, my partner and I picked the Bills to win the game. I'll assume you missed that show........No doubt, the Jets are a mess and going nowhere fast. They might not win more than two or three games the rest of the season..............I also recall not being impressed with Mr. Losman over the summer - an opinion obviously shared by the Buffalo coaching staff but disputed by every Bills fan who saw fit to react to my statement in July.

Enjoy the rest of your season and, as always, thanks for your interest and attention to our station.

Paul

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 08:56 AM
I guess he told you, dude.

justasportsfan
10-21-2005, 08:59 AM
you should reply....

It wouldn't have mattered if Chad was in the ball game, Schobel would've taken him out for the season. In his absence, we took Mawae out instead :snicker:

Pride
10-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah... umm he put YOU in your place...

He is right.. when he made the call... Losman was starting and Penington was healthy...

Gunzlingr
10-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Is Pennington ever truly healthy?

OpIv37
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM

please- you talk like a rotator cuff is a necessity for playing QB. Just because Chad's works like it was made by Indonesian slave labor doesn't mean he can't be a successful NFL QB.

justasportsfan
10-21-2005, 09:17 AM
that's the funny thing. They get Fiedler who has never been healthy either.

MarvLevy
10-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah... umm he put YOU in your place...

He is right.. when he made the call... Losman was starting and Penington was healthy...

EXCUSE ME? WHAT PLACE?

Pride
10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I also recall not being impressed with Mr. Losman over the summer - an opinion obviously shared by the Buffalo coaching staff but disputed by every Bills fan who saw fit to react to my statement in July.

On last Sunday morning's show, my partner and I picked the Bills to win the game. I'll assume you missed that show

the training camp statement I made about the Jets included a disclaimer that said "If Pennington remains healthy"

lordofgun
10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Pennington would have made no difference. The Jets just suck.

bills&sabresmvf
10-21-2005, 02:57 PM
dude he called you out big time...you failed to mention what he said before the statement that the Jets would win. Then he gave that snud comment about Losman (that was a low blow, he shouldn't have done that)

bills&sabresmvf
10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
dude he called you out big time...you failed to mention what he said before the statement that the Jets would win. Then he gave that snud comment about Losman (that was a low blow, he shouldn't have done that)